• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017
1349 and Uada were fantastic last night. Dominator filling in for Frost on drums absolutely killed it, as good as it gets.

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017
None, SOD and Nuclear Assault were always better. :P
no problem calling Speak English or Die #2, maybe 3 in the context of the "Anthrax" discography. Nuclear Assault is great, but disagree. That being said, an eternal rager:

debut with Belladonna is another huge what-if. One of my favorite Anthrax recordings:

Luminaire

Oct 25, 2017
I just came across these guys and quite like their sound. Kind of an older gothenburg sound. Reminds me a bit of Hypocrisy and Amon Amarth.

Dawn of Disease
Procession Of Ghosts
Melodic Death Metal

I also learned Decadence (female fronted thrash/melodeath) put out a new album. I'll have to find it, but I've liked what I've heard so far.

Decadence
Six Tape
Melodic Death / Thrash Metal

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
I just came across these guys and quite like their sound. Kind of an older gothenburg sound. Reminds me a bit of Hypocrisy and Amon Amarth.

Dawn of Disease
Procession Of Ghosts
Melodic Death Metal

I also learned Decadence (female fronted thrash/melodeath) put out a new album. I'll have to find it, but I've liked what I've heard so far.

Decadence
Six Tape
Melodic Death / Thrash Metal

Oh, cool, another Decadence fan!

They are from Sweden

Oct 29, 2017
Minnesota
Was introduced to Slaughter to Prevail through a "vocal coach reacts" video. Enjoying how much of a beast their vocalist is. Goddamn.

Wish his vocals were mixed a little lower though. He kinda takes up too much room.

Oct 29, 2017
Minnesota
I've been watching this vocal coach do react videos lately, and they're all really good if you want to learn how to scream or growl or whatever you want to call what these people do. But he's in a band and I thought I'd give it a look

Kardeshev

Song is fucking awesome. Angelic cleans with some really brutal growls thrown in too. And the production is great.

coma

Oct 28, 2017
Obituary doing all of Slowly We Rot live:

obituary-tour.jpeg

DrM

Oct 26, 2017
Slovenia
Had to sold my ticket for Swallow the Sun concert today, because I had to extend my shift :(

July 202 will be a killer month for me... I cannot imagine how will I manage with my job..

14.7. Judas Priest
16.7. Iron Maiden
26.7 - 1.8. Metaldays 2020

Deleted member 20202

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Cymru
Not self promotion but would love if fellow members would take the time to watch my sons bands new video. Their paying for this all out of their own money and working hard at this music thing. He's the drummer btw and their gigging regularly in South Wales.

Clown_im_OP

Oct 28, 2017
The new Esoteric record might be their best one yet. Granted I only gave it three listens so far (and thus spent almost 5 hours on it) and this might be euphoria speaking, but this is just so much more than your usual funeral doom. Might dethrone Cloud Rat's Pollinator as my Metal AotY.

VISION

Oct 25, 2017
It gets dark at 5pm, which means I'm entering my annual black metal phase again.

Seeking albums like:
Burzum - FIlosofem
Summoning - Minas Morgul

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
New Panopticon incoming (split with Nechochwen), Apparently, it's one long song: for Panopticon and four for Nechochwen.

Zelenogorsk

Banned
Mar 1, 2018
New Hideous Divinity album is a boring riff salad mess. I feel like they're so close to a band i could love but it just never comes together. At least the new Hour of Penance kicks ass.

Also the new Cannabis Corpse is out and kicks a lot of ass. So many great riffs straight out of the early 90's. Love it.

MotiD

Oct 26, 2017
Can someone recommend me some goofy metal? I don't really know how to define it.. I'm talking about something like Peace Sells (the song) and a lot of Anthrax songs that have a certain groove and feel a bit more hearted?

Oct 25, 2017
Rob Halford must love Christmas (can't blame him). I didn't know he recently released another solo Christmas album.

Always on the lookout for fun Metal Christmas albums.

Oct 26, 2017
It isn't exactly metal, but I'm loving the Blind Guardian Twilight Orchestra album. The first time I listened it was weird, I knew it was purely orchestral but still for my ear it felt unexpected, how it didn't sound like the 'metal with orchestrations' they used in songs like A Night at the Opera or Wheel of Time. But a few more listening sessions and yeah, I like it a lot.
The secret key is the album is really all about the singer, Hansi Kursch, with the orchestra and chorus as backing for him. And he happens to be one of my favorite singers, so it's all good.
Without those pesky drums and guitars you can enjoy Hansi at maximum level. :P

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017

had the "goofy" criteria in my head lingering today. This musically isn't very goofy, in fact this entire album just rips ass but there are many lighthearted moments. Tankard have fun like few others in this realm.