• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Firmament1

Aug 15, 2019
I've been listening to South of Heaven recently (Thanks Helmut), and it's a fucking kick-ass album. Lyrics are a tad edgy for my liking, but overall, I'm a big fan.

But... It genuinely hurts to listen to. After a while, it just starts giving me a headache, even on a lower volume. Anyone else experiene this?

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
I've been listening to South of Heaven recently (Thanks Helmut), and it's a fucking kick-ass album. Lyrics are a tad edgy for my liking, but overall, I'm a big fan.

But... It genuinely hurts to listen to. After a while, it just starts giving me a headache, even on a lower volume. Anyone else experiene this?

You a headphone user like me?

wackotic

Aug 14, 2018
So I've been listening to the new Envy and Yuri Gagarin records. New Envy is probably one of their best albums ever. My view on Yuri Gagarin is that I need to listen to more Space Rock if it all sounds this good. Also, the album art is so fucking rad.

My favorite tracks from these two albums:

Speaking of Envy, I fucking love the record label Pelagic Records. Everything they put out is always good quality and my personal
yearly top lists usually include a few of their albums. If you are a fan of Post-_____ genre(s) then there is a lot for you to listen.

Some bands in the roster, in addition to envy, include:
The Ocean
Cult of luna
God is an astronaut
MONO
Sâver
WHORES. etc.

xChildofhatex

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of Envy, I fucking love the record label Pelagic Records. Everything they put out is always good quality and my personal
yearly top lists usually include a few of their albums. If you are a fan of Post-_____ genre(s) then there is a lot for you to listen.

The Ocean
Cult of luna
God is an astronaut
MONO
Sâver
WHORES. etc.
Yeah I absolutely adore Mono and Cult of Luna. CoL's album last year was freakin amazing too

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017

The Ocean
Cult of luna
God is an astronaut
MONO
Sâver
WHORES. etc.
Pelagic is definitely a label I check out a band simply because they signed them. One of my favorites.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
50 years old today, boys:
220px-Black_Sabbath_debut_album.jpg

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
Yep. Any suggestions?

Listening to something better :)

Honestly, happens to me often as well, just take an Excedrin or whatever headache medicine /remedy you have. It's why I usually don't like the way modern bands sound, as often their production is too loud, like Death Magnetic, which is plain unlistenable with headphones. I just have to deal since I live in an old person apartment complex and I cannot blast my tunes on the big boy speakers.

blahness

Oct 25, 2017
My latest pickups:

Spirit Possession - Demo 2020

Ossaert - Bedehuis

Redundant Protoplasm - Adipose Piquerism : A Collection of Maniacal Bloodlettings

coma

Oct 28, 2017
Master of Reality, probably. Though Paranoid is one of the first albums I ever owned so will always be special to me.

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
For diversity, I'll throw a wrench into the bucket with Sabotage. Megalomania is so fucking good.

Heaven & Hell is my favorite though. Master of Reality and their self titled are strong contenders as well for my favorites

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Master of Reality and Heaven and Hell for me, tbh

But the s/t song is still like, the greatest, creepiest, heaviest song of all time~

Username1198

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Space, Man
Master of reality for me.

It has Solitude on it!

also, I'm embarrassed to say I've never really listened to Sepultra and am now going through the entire catalog. I'm really liking Machine messiah and Roots and chaos ad. Great stuff

Firmament1

Aug 15, 2019
Been really liking Anthrax lately. Among The Living's on the same level as Master of Puppets, and Rust in Peace if you ask me.

Also, I've no idea whether Load is Hard Rock or Heavy Metal, but King Nothing is a fucking banger.