• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017
- One third party characterised Call of Duty as unique and a driver of console purchase decision-making given its fast development cycle and large, highly engaged audience.

- One third party contended that Microsoft's recent acquisition behaviour, including its acquisition of Bethesda and subsequent platform-publishing policy, demonstrates a strategy aimed at foreclosing rival gaming platforms, which would harm consumers

- One third party contended that Microsoft is already dominant in the multi-game subscription space and that the Merger would entrench that position.

Gotta be Sony?

The third party who commented on Proton... maybe Valve?

Would Valve brother commenting? Also it says multiple so I'll throw maybes of Google & Amazon.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
There is a new document from the CMA: a summary of third party calls (4 pages)

Some highlights (there is more):

- Calls or meetings with six third parties during the period from October 2022 to January 2023.

- Each of these third parties is a competitor or a potential competitor with the merged entity in either console gaming services or cloud gaming services.

- Topics addressed: The third party's relationship with Activision, Microsoft, and any other game developers and publishers; game publishing; cloud gaming, multi-game subscription services, operating system, the merger, etc.

- Some third parties referred to Microsoft Xbox, Sony Play Station and Nintendo Switch as competitor platforms, though Nintendo was perceived as differentiated on several bases.

- Two third parties identified the availability of attractive first and third-party content as key to a platform's success.

- One third party characterised Call of Duty as unique and a driver of console purchase decision-making given its fast development cycle and large, highly engaged audience.

- One third party contended that Microsoft's recent acquisition behaviour, including its acquisition of Bethesda and subsequent platform-publishing policy, demonstrates a strategy aimed at foreclosing rival gaming platforms, which would harm consumers

- One third party contended that Microsoft is already dominant in the multi-game subscription space and that the Merger would entrench that position.

- The majority of third parties viewed cloud gaming as a nascent market. They suggested that its success will be dependent upon the resolution of a number of technical problems including latency, bandwidth and infrastructure. Some of these third parties expressed confidence that these problems will be solved, and that cloud gaming will become a meaningful market, while the others characterised cloud gaming as already technically viable and an existing market.

- All bar one of the third parties (and all of those active in cloud gaming services) identified content, particularly AAA content, as an important element in a successful cloud gaming offering, and noted that Activision controls a significant catalogue of AAA content.

- Some third parties discussed Proton as a compatibility layer for Windows games to run on Linux-based operating systems, alternately expressing optimism regarding the use of Proton as an alternative and considering it sub-optimal due to legal and technical hurdles.

- Two third parties commented on Microsoft's combined portfolio of Windows OS, the Azure cloud platform, its console strength, and its multi-game subscription business and expressed concerns about the impacts on competition of adding Activision's content and studio development capacity to this portfolio.

- Two of the third parties did not express concerns about the Merger, while three contended that the Merger would have a negative impact on competition, including by affording Microsoft the ability and incentive to foreclose potential and existing rivals in the console buy-to-play, console multi-game subscription and cloud gaming spaces. One third party commented that it was too early to determine what the impact of the Merger would be.

There are some extra bits of info, but these would be the main points.

No wonder that cloud gaming was considered a relevant market if the majority of third parties interviewed believed so.
Amazing work as always.

Interesting info in this document.

Sony, Nvidia, Google, Amazon or another cloud streaming company and two publishers is my guess.
This is a good guess.

Seems Nintendo is viewed differently in the space by several parties in the industry.
Yeah....like I said, some interesting info in this document, lol.

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
I knew it, Gabe Newell, after all his friendly words, is secretly against it. He has been orchestrating the whole thing behind the scenes. Or as those in the know like to call him, Darth Valve.

InfinityDOK

Dec 3, 2018
I was assuming they meant platform holder(Online stores) in this case. I think these are the parties and how they voted.
Sony (Against)
Nintendo (Did not oppose)
Valve (Did not Oppose)
Apple (Against)
Google (Against)
Nvidia or Amazon (was not sure)

Tigerfish419

Oct 28, 2021
I was assuming they meant platform holder(Online stores) in this case. I think these are the parties and how they voted.
Sony (Against)
Nintendo (Did not oppose)
Valve (Did not Oppose)
Apple (Against)
Google (Against)
Nvidia or Amazon (was not sure)

This is probably it, Google and Apple are only going to make Microsoft want to crack open those app stores even more and that is a MUCH bigger deal than this, they'll be screwed if they have to open up.

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
You can see why CMA did what they did and why they are iffy. Out of six they interviewed, three were against it, one was unsure, and two were fine. I imagine Call of Duty came up many times as a potential leverage Microsot could use, so CMA proposed simply taking that from them. Microsoft themselves have seemed to stress that King is the more valuable of the purchases, so in a way CMA is just suggesting a remedy that kind of satisfies all parties while leaving no one absolutely happy.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if this goes through with those compromises or if it doesn't go through at all if that will stop the acquisition wars. This deal must have cost MS a fortune in legal fees let alone the cost of purchase or potentially the cost fir pulling out.

It will not. Consolidation is happening regardless of the outcome of this acquisition.

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
It will not. Consolidation is happening regardless of the outcome of this acquisition.

Eh, I think companies will be iffy about buying a big publisher if the deal falls through. Imagine if someone tried to buy EA right now, they would potentially have both Sony and Microsoft against the deal. Smaller companies sure, but it is a lot of money to spend on something that is currently being side eyed.

InfinityDOK

Dec 3, 2018
I wonder if this goes through with those compromises or if it doesn't go through at all if that will stop the acquisition wars. This deal must have cost MS a fortune in legal fees let alone the cost of purchase or potentially the cost fir pulling out.
It will not slow down because this deal doesn't pass, microsoft for instance still needs a mobile presence and pc presence, which was what ABK would give them. It would cause the bigger ones to slow down. If anything is going to slow down consolidation it will be because of the current uncertainty with economy. I can still see microsoft going after other studios if this deal fails, just smaller ones.

lost7

Feb 20, 2018
Idas you're a legend!

I think it's getting more and more obvious MS will need to offer remedies for both COD and cloud gaming. I don't see why behavioural remedies should not be able to satisfy those demands, as long as MS is willing to sign heavily binding contracts.

I'm getting positive about the deal again (perhaps because I'm in green again on Activision stock lol)

Wereroku

Oct 27, 2017
Idas you're a legend!

I think it's getting more and more obvious MS will need to offer remedies for both COD and cloud gaming. I don't see why behavioural remedies should not be able to satisfy those demands, as long as MS is willing to sign heavily binding contracts.

I'm getting positive about the deal again (perhaps because I'm in green again on Activision stock lol)
I think the biggest roadblock to behavioral remedies is the CMA not wanting to have to monitor them. So MS has to propose remedies that are sufficiently long and sufficiently self governing. Also I could see them never being able to be cloud exclusive with the ABK licenses.

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
It will not slow down because this deal doesn't pass, microsoft for instance still needs a mobile presence and pc presence, which was what ABK would give them. It would cause the bigger ones to slow down. If anything is going to slow down consolidation it will be because of the current uncertainty with economy. I can still see microsoft going after other studios if this deal fails, just smaller ones.

What studio though? Most of the other big mobile games are owned by companies who are not selling for sure. Like Tencent, Netease, Bandai, Sony, etc etc. its hard to see where they go in the mobile market without Activision, unless they go for much smaller and build them out.

DustyVonErich

Oct 31, 2017
Idas you're a legend!

There's a great post below explaining it.

Several reasons. 1. A contract only deals with what you can think of now, and contract around. If a regulator's real concern is, we don't want Microsoft to do something shady with Call of Duty, but they don't really 100% know what they have in mind as shady, Microsoft never having Call of Duty prevents that, but you can't contract around something they haven't thought of yet.

2. One of their concerns is that Microsoft would degrade the call of duty experience on Playstation. Microsoft could theoretically have a real reason to do that, but that is really hard to police. Is the experience worse on playstation on purpose, or because of some hardware or software difference between the consoles, or because in-house teams at microsoft just have more information about how the xbox console works and can customize a game better for xbox than they can for playstation. It could be difficult to know, and even more difficult to prove the answer to those questions, but you can definitely know that Microsoft isn't doing something to subtly degrade the playstation experience if they don't control the game.

3. More work. Once a structural remedy is well and truly accomplished, the issue generally won't rear its head again.

4. Motivations can change. What if Sony and Microsoft form some unrelated partnership that is extremely valuable on some other project, or Sony becomes reliant in Microsoft in some other way that inhibits their desire to fight to enforce a contract?

5. Other market players. A contract with Sony does nothing to assure that the game will be provided to a new entrant to the market. Competition authorities are generally opposed to things that raise increased barriers to entry to new competitors.

6. Cloud. They have alot of concerns about the emerging market of cloud gaming. A contract with Sony doesn't remedy this.

7. Inherent bias. This might be the biggest one. The CMA, and under current leadership, the FTC, simply do not like behavioral remedies. That is just the general feeling they have about that type of remedy.

8. Precedent. This is another big one. If you accept a behavioral remedy, everyone who is denied one points to prior decisions where a behavioral remedy was granted and says that you are being inconsistent by allowing a behavioral remedy in one case but not the other. Every time one is approved, it slightly and subtly weakens the argument that behavioral remedies are inferior and should generally not be accepted.

9. Politics. The FTC and CMA are both supposed to be fairly apolitical. They are not considered political positions, but that doesn't mean they aren't at all political. In the United States, for example, our courts are theoretically not political. To say that they are immune to politics, however, would be ridiculous. (See the current U.S. Supreme Court composition, and the resulting changes in long standing precedent.)

There might be other reasons I'm not thinking of of the top of my head. Personally, I think no remedy should be necessary as the deal is not anti-competitive. To the extent remedies are required, they should be behavioral in nature. The thing is, I'm not in the CMA, and if you can get to the point, logically, where you think the deal is anticompetitive (they have reached the point where they seem to believe that) then there are plenty of reasons they might want structural remedies.

Ratuso

Nov 27, 2021
Take Two, Ubisoft and EA have implemented cost-cutting measures , Microsoft laid off dozens in Xbox, I don't think M&A is going to be as prevalent.

Oct 27, 2017
Somewhere South
I think the biggest roadblock to behavioral remedies is the CMA not wanting to have to monitor them. So MS has to propose remedies that are sufficiently long and sufficiently self governing. Also I could see them never being able to be cloud exclusive with the ABK licenses.

And it would need to be done in a way that protects not only current players, but also future market entrants, too.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Take Two, Ubisoft and EA have implemented cost-cutting measures , Microsoft laid off dozens in Xbox, I don't think M&A is going to be as prevalent.

Mergers are often cost-cutting measures for the acquirer, and financial security measures for the company being acquired.

Yoga Flame

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 8, 2022
The Linked in example was interesting. MS funded an independent body of EC choosing to monitor their handling of the asset. Seems like a sensible comprise.

killerrin

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Anyone paying attention to the regulatory landscape the past year or two could have told you. In fact, lots of people in this very thread have said that regulators were tightening down on Big Tech from several angles. It was only a matter of time for them to clamp down on mergers.

Anyone can say anything. What matters is cold hard facts to prove it, the only thing that matters here is the law, and past precidents. And on those fronts, this is the first high profile case regulators are applying these brand new theories on. They are literally so new that Microsoft with the Bethesda Aquisition not even a year earlier was operating under old rules.

In fact there is zero guarantees that had Bethesda went under the same regulatory environment as today, it would have passed. Lina Khan was appointed after that deal was completed, and the CMA completed their regulatory rewrite after it was completed. Not only that, but the FTC under Khan has also made statements alluding to how she wouldn't have passed Bethesda.

So yeah. This is all brand new. Nobody would know what form they would take. Nobody could have expected the FTC to straight up lie in their reports and exclude fucking Nintendo from the Gaming Industry. And nobody could have expected that the CMA with all the research they did, would come to the conclusion that a fraction of a percentage of users moving from the dominant market leader to a market loser is anything but good for competition while implying that a single game franchise is so important the industry can't survive without it.

reksveks

May 17, 2022
"One third party noted that none of the independent AAA franchises have sought exclusivity with a particular platform, as this would have the effect of reducing their overall number of users."
may be a contentious statement

Sazert

Jan 6, 2023
That's what I don't understand, most of the regulators are protecting Sony and excluding Nintendo.

Sony is by far the leader of the Market at least in "high performance consoles",
Microsoft is really far away from them.

Indeed a small fraction of consumers moving to Xbox would at the opposite be good for the market because it would mean that Sony should even be a better competitor like in prices for exemple.

Sony signs a lot of deals for exclusivity which they can do ofc but it's anti-consumer!
Regulators don't even take this kind of things into account.

Seems like a joke!

I think all of this is only because Microsoft is part of the Gafam and a lot of people hate big business and the control they can have.

killerrin

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Two of the third parties did not express concerns about the Merger, while three contended that the Merger would have a negative impact on competition, including by affording Microsoft the ability and incentive to foreclose potential and existing rivals in the console buy-to-play, console multi-game subscription and cloud gaming spaces. One third party commented that it was too early to determine what the impact of the Merger would be.
We know two of the parties opposed are Sony and Google, I think the third might be Nvidia since they've been negative about the deal in public as well.

Though, as a side note, I love how I can kinda figure out from those statements which party said what.

Valve with Proton as the only one who would really care about that. All the negative comments are a mixture of Sony and Google and read exactly like their PR, and then cloud comes up and Nvidia squeaks in for the honorable mention

Are we still pretending that's what the regulators said? Or that it isn't how Microsoft literally views the industry?

It's editoralizing for sure. But it's not wrong. The FTC literally stated that Nintendo platforms are in a completely different gaming market all on their own that they hold a Monopoly in. And sure, we can debate that Mobile Gaming could be a different market from Console Gaming, but the FTC never bothered to actually flesh out that distinction and explain why that Is the case. And they drew the lines so stupidly at "Consoles with good hardware" and "Consoles with bad hardware". And even within that same report the FTC ended up contradicting itself by including Nintendo in some comtexts and ignoring them in kthers

The CMAs report is much better in that regards, but the FTCs holds absolutely no truth in how it's presented.

Last edited:

Wereroku

Oct 27, 2017
It's editoralizing for sure. But it's not wrong. The FTC literally stated that Nintendo platforms are in a completely different gaming market all on their own that they hold a Monopoly in. And sure, we can debate that Mobile Gaming could be a different market from Console Gaming, but the FTC never bothered to actually flesh out that distinction and explain why that Is the case. And they drew the lines so stupidly at "Consoles with good hardware" and "Consoles with bad hardware". And even within that same report the FTC ended up contradicting itself by including Nintendo in some comtexts and ignoring them in kthers

The CMAs report is much better in that regards, but the FTCs holds absolutely no truth in how it's presented.
I would say the CMA is much better with the Nintendo question because they seem to be using third party information along with MS and ABK's internal information that seems to all show Nintendo being in a separate competitive category at least. I can see why they would use that to justify just looking at Sony and MS alone.

killerrin

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto

Legally speaking, because of this Aquisition Activision literally isn't allowed to implement any cost saving measures because they have to continue operating the business as is the usual, as of the day of the deal being signed. Which was a bit over a year ago, well before the current layoff fad hit the Industry.

And yes it is a fad. Layoffs are contagious to companies and they're literally only doing it because everyone else is, even though it makes so sense for the vast majority of them to do it.

Should this deal fall through, that's when you'll see Activision enter the ring and start slashing it's own workforce. Not because they "want to", but because shareholders demand it out of all tech companies. But also because Bobby is a dick and will want to attack the workers trying to unionize during this period where it's much harder to stop them enmasse.

Last edited:

Wing84

Nov 21, 2022
Seems Nintendo is viewed differently in the space by several parties in the industry.
To me, Nintendo isn't a main console due to its lack of third party support. My Switch (and future Nintendo hardware) is dedicated solely to Nintendo's games. My PlayStation, PC, and PC handheld are for everything else. I know I'm not alone with this sentiment.

That being said, sometime in the future, I'm considering making a high-end PC handheld like the Aya Neo 2 my go to for Nintendo software via emulation while still legally owning the game, just not playing it on Nintendo hardware.

Mergers and acquisitions aren't positioned in the same way as employees when it comes to corporate cost cutting. Depending on the company, an acquisition can be looked at as an investments for future stability, revenue and profit. But it is a case by case situation. Even when Sony was having a hard financial time during the PS3 era, they made smart investments that later paid off. Microsoft has done this in the past as well.

SCUMMbag

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
To me, Nintendo isn't a main console due to its lack of third party support. My Switch (and future Nintendo hardware) is dedicated solely to Nintendo's games. My PlayStation, PC, and PC handheld are for everything else. I know I'm not alone with this sentiment.

That being said, sometime in the future, I'm considering making a high-end PC handheld like the Aya Neo 2 my go to for Nintendo software via emulation while still legally owning the game, just not playing it on Nintendo hardware.

I think this true in the AAA space but Nintendo is very relevant in the indie one, which I think basically ignored in a lot of this regulatory meetings.

Wing84

Nov 21, 2022
I think this true in the AAA space but Nintendo is very relevant in the indie one, which I think basically ignored in a lot of this regulatory meetings.
The indie space doesn't really move the industry like a Grand Theft Auto, God of War, Call of Duty. Go to a high school student and ask them about either Spelunky or Hades and you'll get a blank stare by most. I think this is the same with your average Joe Schmoe adult who isn't an enthusiast gamer. Also, I'm guessing PC and PlayStation are where indies sell the most on average based on the software sales and software sales revenue reported by Sony and Nintendo (Nintendo reports that, right?). So, outside of the hardcore Nintendo base, I think Nintendo isn't taken as seriously as Xbox, PlayStation, and PC.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
I would say the CMA is much better with the Nintendo question because they seem to be using third party information along with MS and ABK's internal information that seems to all show Nintendo being in a separate competitive category at least. I can see why they would use that to justify just looking at Sony and MS alone.

I think the CMA recognizes that they are competitors, just not as direct… currently.

the lines of competition are constantly being blurred by overlapping software access, hardware priorities and distribution methods like BC and cloud.

Wereroku

Oct 27, 2017
The indie space doesn't really move the industry like a Grand Theft Auto, God of War, Call of Duty. Go to a high school student and ask them about either Spelunky or Hades and you'll get a blank stare by most. I think this is the same with your average Joe Schmoe adult who isn't an enthusiast gamer. Also, I'm guessing PC and PlayStation are where indies sell the most on average based on the software sales and software sales revenue reported by Sony and Nintendo (Nintendo reports that, right?). So, outside of the hardcore Nintendo base, I think Nintendo isn't taken as seriously as Xbox, PlayStation, and PC.
Most indies actually focus on Nintendo and PC at this point if I remember right.

Most indies focus on PC.
PC then Switch is what I usually see from Indies and Kickstarters so that was what I was going with. PC is definitely the lead because there is so few barriers to entries but then Switch always seems to be the number 2 platform.

M.Bluth

Oct 25, 2017
Are we still pretending that's what the regulators said? Or that it isn't how Microsoft literally views the industry?
Yep, Microsoft themselves, multiple times, have said they do not compete with Nintendo as directly as they do with Sony (or when they're being smug, not as directly as they compete with Google and Amazon).

And it's not just Microsoft, everyone, including huge swaths of the gaming community here and elsewhere, view Nintendo as being in a sort of their own area of the industry and only care to compare numbers and releases between Playstation and Xbox.

We'll just pretend we don't do that when it's convenient, I guess.

OP
OP
Idas

Idas

Antitrusting By Keyboard
Mar 20, 2022
MS says that Sony's motion should be denied and provides 10 pages of arguments. MS says that:

- Sony has unleashed its executives and high-priced economists to petition the Commission, as well as regulators around the world, to block the transaction. MS mentions 4 redacted examples.

- Sony's campaign has worked because the Commission's theory of harm relies almost exclusively on the facially implausible claim that the acquisition is anticompetitive because Microsoft will withhold from Sony a single game (Call of Duty).

- Despite leading the charge to stop the transaction, Sony claims it should not be required to produce documents on the very topics it has put at issue.

- Sony should produce documents from Lin Tao and Hideaki Nishino because Tao is the key custodian with information about SIE's financial health and plans and Nishino is the head of SIE's hardware business, another topic of central importance.

- Sony relies on blanket assertions of privilege and the burden of reviewing McCurdy's files because he is a lawyer. But, according to his job posting, McCurdy is also responsible for SIE's public policy engagement.

- Sony has refused to provide a predecessor custodian for Christian Svensson, who manages SIE's relationship with Activision, even though Svensson has only been in his position since 2021. MS says that that relationship is of the upmost importance, and SIE has not supported its assertion that Svensson's manager would have the same documents as Svensson's predecessor.

- Regarding the requests for data about the performance of SIE's gaming business, Sony has not explained why pulling and producing data from its central files, without any need for responsiveness or privilege review, would be unduly burdensome.

- Requests 14(d) and 19 are about specific documents—valuations, board documents, and regulatory submissions—related to SIE's cloud-gaming acquisitions of Gaikai in 2012 and OnLive in 2015. MS says that providing targeted information about SIE's own cloud-gaming efforts is relevant to assessing the viability of that claim and is not unduly burdensome.

- Microsoft seeks performance reviews for SIE custodians. Microsoft is not seeking to embarrass SIE's leadership; it seeks to understand the metrics on which SIE's executives and business are evaluated.

- Request 35 seeks executed copies of content-licensing agreements between SIE and third- party gaming publishers. MS says that these contracts are relevant. Microsoft says that they are aware that PlayStation requires many third-party publishers to agree to exclusivity provisions, including preventing the publishers from putting their games on Xbox's multi-game subscription service. But that they do not fully understand the extent of SIE's arrangements or how they impact the industry's competitiveness.

- Microsoft requests that Sony produce documents that SIE submitted to these regulatory authorities in connection with this transaction. SIE has refused, agreeing only to produce submissions to the European Commission and United Kingdom's Competition and Markets Authority, based on claims of burden.

- Contrary to the allegation that Microsoft will make Call of Duty exclusive to Xbox, since announcing the deal, Microsoft has repeatedly offered to enter into an agreement to license Call of Duty to SIE—first for five years (this is new!) and then for ten, an unheard-of duration in the industry. SIE has refused. Microsoft seeks documents about these negotiations, including SIE's internal consideration of Microsoft's offers and why it has refused them.

- Request 14(f) seeks information about SIE's investment in virtual reality technology for its console, which SIE executives have highlighted as a strategic imperative and "a giant leap forward in the way we play games.

And done! A lot of drama potentially coming :s

Last edited:

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Oct 27, 2017
I needed some spice in my morning. Microsoft's summary is basically, "Put up or shut up." It only seems fair that the party claiming the most damage be required to provide proof, especially when they're clearly the market leader. Wonder what the judge thinks, though...

Wereroku

Oct 27, 2017
I needed some spice in my morning. Microsoft's summary is basically, "Put up or shut up." It only seems fair that the party claiming the most damage be required to provide proof, especially when they're clearly the market leader. Wonder what the judge thinks, though...
I still think MS is overreaching in several of these.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
Actually the silver lining is the other platform holders are not even trying to buy publishers and Ms already bought a publisher (Bethesda) and want more. It's not even about organic growth it's more about taking multi platform games away from the competition. These same games would still be on Xbox even if they don't get bought out.
Yup. I also have a hard time believing that MS would ever succeed in buying a Japanese publisher on Sony and Nintendo's home turf. There's no way that they both wouldn't hypothetically lobby against any sort of acquisition.

MarkuGarku

Aug 22, 2022

I mean, they're asking of the documentation that support Sony's claims to hold its safe position, right?

Uga

Oct 31, 2017
- Despite leading the charge to stop the transaction, Sony claims it should not be required to produce documents on the very topics it has put at issue.
sSb7apK.jpg

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
wonder what the redacted part about the PSVR is. Seems out of left field. I don't recall VR ever being mentioned previously

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Some of these requests I agree with, some I don't. The cloud related stuff is important; Sony should let MS see those documents.

Odd that MS wants to see PSVR stuff? Why would that matter? I know Bethesda likes making VR games but I thought ABK wasn't doing VR titles/modes.