wojciech

Jun 29, 2023
Rlrt0Cn.png

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
Adopting x86 was the best thing the industry ever did, as far as actual ease of game development goes. There is "no possible reality" where we go off that (or whatever is standard in the future).

Would be neat to see, though.
The funny thing is that things are moving towards a similar idea, at least on PC and mobile. On CPUs you have big.LITTLE architecture that was first used by ARM for their mobile chips, and has been adopted by Intel for their latest desktop CPUs. Meanwhile GPUs from Nvidia and Intel have had more dedicated hardware made to handle specialized workloads like for RT and AI.

Big difference is that the hardware isn't really that specialized, and low-level drivers and APIs are what make sure it gets used effectively rather than expecting developers to wrap their heads around it.

Ambient80

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
She's living like the last half of a prescription drug commercial without the narration.

I mean it wouldn't make her a heel. She's a judge and a highly talented one. She asked great questions and maybe had some fun with some of those questions but in the end she got to her position by not really taking sides and doing what she ends up deciding is the best option.

Yeah honestly, while I would like to see the merger move forward I trust she will have an honest/well-thought opinion regardless. She's clearly extremely good at her job, I think anyone who watched/listened to all this would have to agree.

Daramir

Jan 20, 2022
Germany
It's not NZ's Keystone report, it's a Keystone report submitted to NZCC on the behalf of MS. How convincing it is upto the NZCC. It feels convincing.
Oh, guess I read it wrong. Thanks for correcting me.
Italian here. Don't post Serranò stuff if possible.
He's the "Colt Eastwood" of fake Playstation "insiders"...
Oh my bad, I can delete the post. Was one of the first tweets i saw when looking up MS Activision on twitter.

Bengraven

Powered by Friendship™
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
Yeah honestly, while I would like to see the merger move forward I trust she will have an honest/well-thought opinion regardless. She's clearly extremely good at her job, I think anyone who watched/listened to all this would have to agree.

As much as I've been impressed with her and laughed along with her as she's dug deeper than we expected with some of her remarks, that pic posted by Woj up there actually makes me wish this had been video streamed. The cocky jokes with that laughing face would have made this even more entertaining to experience.

L11ghtman

Jan 19, 2022
Hard to know what's real, what's a photoshop, and what I'm hallucinating at this point. Wonder how crazy the thread energy will get if the decision takes another week!

cowboi

Dec 31, 2021
Rest easy folks and check back on -

Friday evening, then
Sunday midnight and after that
Monday morning.

Oct 25, 2017

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just gonna waiting for that thread title change. The new posts w/o new news is killing me lol

wojciech

Jun 29, 2023
Oh yeah, how do I tune in?

It just ended, but you can watch her cases via the same link used for the FTC v MS trial:

Join our Cloud HD Video Meeting

Zoom is the leader in modern enterprise video communications, with an easy, reliable cloud platform for video and audio conferencing, chat, and webinars across mobile, desktop, and room systems. Zoom Rooms is the original software-based conference room solution used around the world in board...

Just put it on. Didn't realize we were looking through a glass and then I noticed a woman's face and jumped a bit.

So we sure that we are not getting the news today?

I think the consensus is we shouldn't expect anything while markets are open so the best bet is to watch PACER in the evening.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
It just ended, but you can watch her cases via the same link used for the FTC v MS trial:

Join our Cloud HD Video Meeting

Zoom is the leader in modern enterprise video communications, with an easy, reliable cloud platform for video and audio conferencing, chat, and webinars across mobile, desktop, and room systems. Zoom Rooms is the original software-based conference room solution used around the world in board...

I think the consensus is we shouldn't expect anything while markets are open so the best bet is to watch PACER in the evening.

Cool thanks!

wojciech

Jun 29, 2023
New file has just dropped on PACER. Every time I refresh it and see something new my heart skips a beat, but it wasn't what we're all waiting for:

Statement re226 Administrative Motion to Consider Whether Another Party's Material Should Be Sealed by Microsoft Corporation.(Wilkinson, Beth)

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
New file has just dropped on PACER. Every time I refresh it and see something new my heart skips a beat, but it wasn't what we're all waiting for:

Statement re226 Administrative Motion to Consider Whether Another Party's Material Should Be Sealed by Microsoft Corporation.(Wilkinson, Beth)
i sleep

Deleted member 13330

User-requested account closure
Banned
Mar 14, 2023
I almost feel they just approved it so they didn't look bad after the MS block. The fact they didn't even ask Amazon to ensure competitors aren't blocked seems crazy.
Probably more a resources issue than anything deliberate like that. Maybe they expected other regulators (like the EU) to cover it for them, and it seems like that is what's happening.