• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
nCwfyGX.png

• Developer/Publisher - White Owls | Arc System Works
  • Platform(s) - PS4, PC, Switch, XB1
  • Release Date: October 11th
  • Price: $29.99
  • Genre: 2D Platformer...?
  • Director: SWERY 65
pcwgrV0.png

J.J scours Memoria Island to find her best friend, who has gone missing during a camping trip. However, this island was like a nightmare: no matter how many times she sustains fatal injury, she can't die, and instead is able to revive herself back to normal.

J.J ventures into the depth of the island as she drags her decapitated body along, enduring the pain. In order to save her best friend, she puts her own body and life on the line, reviving infinitely, as she presses forward.

Why did she go missing? What is going on in this world? All of these mysteries shall be revealed when the game is cleared.

Swery65 said:
We will release The MISSING on Oct 11th 2018. It's so soon.
The MISSING has a polarizing concept. However, It's not funny/joke/violence game.
It's kind of Journey. The MISSING is story for everyone like YOU.

0I7Wkky.png

DogqHxYUcAA_EWt.jpg

Dob58shVAAEaJMv.jpg

DoDMoSzUcAAq0Uo.jpg

Swery loves you all!

DoDMOXqU0AAabJG.jpg

Bosh

Oct 26, 2017
Cool OT. Will have to look into the game more. I knew he was making The Good Life and yet never heard of this one

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, I didn't realize the platforms. As long as it runs fine, I'll get it on Switch I guess.

I've weirdly neglected a lot of indie stuff these past couple months despite that usually being most of what I play, and it's definitely time to change that back to being the case, for Swery.

Sabot

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 31, 2017
Ooh wanna see some Switch gameplay.

Hexer

Oct 30, 2017
This looks pretty interesting. Glad it's coming out on most platforms. I'll look into this for sure!

OP, Your OT Title hurts me a lot tho. I want more D4 ;(.

Sabot

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 31, 2017
I need this game to be pre-orderable so I don't forget it exists when it comes out tomorrow.

takoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for making the OT, forgot this was out so soon.

Really curious how this game turns out, it looked a bit rough when it was first announced but the latest trailer had a lot of that Swery charm.

Nov 1, 2017
Had no idea this was out already, really snuck up. I'll pick it up regardless of the impressions but I'm very curious to see how this is received.

Do we know how long to expect this to be? I wasn't expecting it to be as short as D4 but this didn't strike me as something as long as Deadly Premonition.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland

koma

Oct 27, 2017
I'm really curious to see how this will be received.

This is the first Swery game with his new indie team and they deserve all the love we can give them.

Gameplay doesn't look much interesting: why are some Japanese devs so in love with indie side-scrolling physic-puzzle games from 10 years ago? The same issue I had with Yume Nikki: Dream Diary. I would have been more interested if this was an interactive story like Oxenfree.

But we know we love Deadly Premonition, Spy Fiction and D4 for their story and characters. Gameplay was just a somehow boring side-activity between awesome dialogues. And The Missing's story and characters sound very promising!

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
i have the store page open right here but zero information on wtf is this game

please reviewers just tell me this isnt atrocious and i'll be all in for supporting swery goodness on the xbone

wrowa

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't realize this is gonna be on the expensive side. Was assuming it'd be something around 15€ at most, not 30€. Complaining about price is lame, but Swery's games usually convince with everything but gameplay and I'm skeptical this approach can work for a platformer. So, I'm going to wait for impressions, I suppose.

Deleted member 41931

User requested account closure
Apr 10, 2018
Real tempted to just buy it on xbox right now, but I'd rather wait for the steam version to go up. Why must you play with me so Swery?

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018
I must say the game is quite expensive compared to D4, but I bit the bullet anyway. I'm playing on Xbox One X, and so far I only finished the prologue (I played until the title sequence) because the achievements are not up yet. In the opening section the game plays like a standard puzzle platformer with very stiff movement, and on the story side bizarre things have started happening already. I loved D4, but not Deadly Premonition, and this early it's hard to get a feel for where this one will end up for me.

There's a strange issue when starting the game for the first time. The game seems to look for a cloud save, but it, of course, doesn't exist, so you get a system warning, and the only choice you have is to play offline. Not a great first impression to give.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
seeing people complain about price is so strange

its actually quite cheap (for a new release, that is) in the brazilian store for some reason. only R$ 59,00. i'm used to outlandish prices like song of the deep costing R$180

Oct 25, 2017
seeing people complain about price is so strange

its actually quite cheap (for a new release, that is) in the brazilian store for some reason. only R$ 59,00. i'm used to outlandish prices like song of the deep costing R$180

Which is exactly the reason why I want a Steam page. I have no idea how much this will even cost to me.

Even if they didn't want to open preorders, so they could more easily get to the Top Sellers at launch, when you have a Steam page up, people can wishlist the game, and will get an email when it comes out to remind them. As it is, we're constantly checking if it's up already. The game is already quite niche for its premise alone, then there will be obvious jank, but even among this tiny audience, only the ones that keep checking will even know it's out.

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
Which is exactly the reason why I want a Steam page. I have no idea how much this will even cost to me.

Even if they didn't want to open preorders, so they could more easily get to the Top Sellers at launch, when you have a Steam page up, people can wishlist the game, and will get an email when it comes out to remind them. As it is, we're constantly checking if it's up already. The game is already quite niche for its premise alone, then there will be obvious jank, but even among this tiny audience, only the ones that keep checking will even know it's out.
I don't remember ever having to actively check for a steam page on release day of a game before.

BRSxIgnition

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Seems it's getting around a 75-80 average score so far (early on) - will there be a review thread or is the game too small for one?