• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
cj_iwakura

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
I couldn't get to the sleepy sign in the library... I assume it required head only status, but I couldn't get hit by the black owls enough times without it causing death.

Amon Lau

Oct 27, 2017
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
I couldn't get to the sleepy sign in the library... I assume it required head only status, but I couldn't get hit by the black owls enough times without it causing death.
that's one is really tricky, a good way to do it first time is trying to trigger 4 owls only so you can end up as a head, more then that and you have restart the whole thing. Had to clear up the first two chandeliers so that I got one with only 4 and used the speech command and had them maul me, mind you post game is way easier thanks to the cheats if ya don't wanna bother... :P

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
In case you can't find the game on your local PSN/Eshop

Keep in mind that the EU-Eshop version is delayed until end of the month anyways.

Heartbreaking, just how hard this release is being screwed up by their publisher.

takoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I realized that by accident, lol. Now I just need to figure out how to get the thing moving...
Same, hehe. I think the barrier lowers once you placed the bricks and arm on the cart, maybe you need to activate the device on the right first or it has something to do with the right combination of those power switches. I could pull the cart instantly after placing the 10th item on it.

OP
OP
cj_iwakura

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
Same, hehe. I think the barrier lowers once you placed the bricks and arm on the cart, maybe you need to activate the device on the right first or it has something to do with the right combination of those power switches though. I could pull the cart instantly after placing the 10th item on it.
Again, figured it out right after, lol, just had to pull it.

I found the hidden Sleepys sign too.

AvernOffset

May 6, 2018
Heads up for anyone playing on PC with a high-refresh rate monitor: the physics bug out hard if you try to go over 60fps (the first little drawbridge kept knocking me out of the world when I'd try to crank it). You'll need to lock down your frame rate.

I'm not very far in, but I'm really liking it so far, especially the bizarre tone. The violence feels so intense contrasted with the rest of the narrative. The sequence early on where you have to tear off most of your limbs to counterbalance a board was outright sickening.

coconut gun

Banned
Nov 1, 2017

her piece on the game is excellent and

i appreciate her take on things as a transwoman, especially. i've been wanting to find a take from someone who this story might resonate with on a more personal level and this is one!

Oct 25, 2017
Someone posted this on the Steam forums. Great guide with screenshots for every Donut:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/xboxo...acfield-and-the-island-of-memories/faqs/76558

i appreciate her take on things as a transwoman, especially. i've been wanting to find a take from someone who this story might resonate with on a more personal level and this is one!

That's awesome! Hopefully it'll reach more people now.

Tofd

Jul 8, 2018
Is it just me or is there a bug on the section with the cymbal bashing monkey? If you collect the 10x doughnuts at the side, you can't get back again as the monkey dude follows you, so if you heal you just fall back again right next to him.

You can get the monkey to fall over if it misses the clap. Try jumping/backing at the right time and it should let you through.

coconut gun

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I watched a friend of mine play through the opening last night and I think this game is contender for best late title card of all time.

BRSxIgnition

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Still in the fence but I'll see what I get for my borthday today before dropping $40 on this.

I like what I've been hearing about it though.

Booga

Alt account
Banned
Sep 15, 2018
You get new costumes during the game, lol.
Oh. Well I asked about this twice and this is the first answer I got. So err, thanks for the condescending "lol" that serves no actual purpose other than making you look rude?

Anyway, much like Sine Mora, the story delivered in the second playthrpugh is supposed to add more context.

Are you sure you don't get bonus costumes upon completion? I heard from a few places that was a thing. Like Silent Hill or RE, they help add diversity to subsequent plays.

Booga

Alt account
Banned
Sep 15, 2018
Not my intent. And I'm positive, I've unlocked several already.
if it wasn't your intent than I'll take your word and not be offended.
So how many and at what intervals do they unlock? And are they interesting like rocker leather jackets or the classic sexist ones we get in a lot of Japanese games like schoolgirl, swimsuit, gothic lolita?

I'd love to see some screenshots

coconut gun

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Oh. Well I asked about this twice and this is the first answer I got. So err, thanks for the condescending "lol" that serves no actual purpose other than making you look rude?

Anyway, much like Sine Mora, the story delivered in the second playthrpugh is supposed to add more context.

Are you sure you don't get bonus costumes upon completion? I heard from a few places that was a thing. Like Silent Hill or RE, they help add diversity to subsequent plays.

some are tied to collectibles and unlock as you play, a couple of costumes are unlocked from finishing the story once.

the second playthrough also has a new collectible to look for that unlocks extra text messages.

OP
OP
cj_iwakura

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
if it wasn't your intent than I'll take your word and not be offended.
So how many and at what intervals do they unlock? And are they interesting like rocker leather jackets or the classic sexist ones we get in a lot of Japanese games like schoolgirl, swimsuit, gothic lolita?

I'd love to see some screenshots
So far just color variations. They're in the gallery too.

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Looks cool, I'll probably pick it up when I get my next paycheck.

It's wild that anyone decided to give the premise of Neverdead another swing

takoyaki

Oct 25, 2017

Swery's response on Twitter to her tweet and article. Love how active he is on Twitter, it's really cool to get immediate feedback like that from the creative mind behind the game. Swery's the best!

Deleted member 14649

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You can get the monkey to fall over if it misses the clap. Try jumping/backing at the right time and it should let you through.

Thanks, yeah I did figure it out in the end. I should have updated.

Have made it to the
bowling alley
now and despite attempting to find and locate every doughnut I realise that I must have missed a ton as I feel close to the end. Every place there are items lying around, I guess you have to interact with them in some way to reveal hidden doughnuts. I didn't realise that until I reached this location and put the shoes in the machine and two popped up. Definitely going to have to replay with a guide to get them all.

Deleted member 14649

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm going to go against the grain a little as I think the end sequence completely sullies me experience with the game. Up to the final
chase
scene I was blown away, but then I started to become a little too annoyed with it. My irritation started with the
tower climb, with all the intricate jumping and blades, but the final chase really drained. There were too many insta-deaths in there, and replaying the same bit over and over again just became a chore. I can't deny the very conclusion was superb, but that final push over the line was tedious as hell

Compared to a game like Inside, that was perfectly paced and the ending completely served as icing on the cake, whereas I was relieved when this was over.

Am going through collecting the remaining doughnuts and hidden FK messages. Am on the train one now and can't figure out how to get the FK. I can see it, and I guess I have to go back to it after the scene concludes but I can't get back to the remaining carriages. Anyone managed this one?

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to go against the grain a little as I think the end sequence completely sullies me experience with the game. Up to the final
chase
scene I was blown away, but then I started to become a little too annoyed with it. My irritation started with the
tower climb, with all the intricate jumping and blades, but the final chase really drained. There were too many insta-deaths in there, and replaying the same bit over and over again just became a chore. I can't deny the very conclusion was superb, but that final push over the line was tedious as hell

Compared to a game like Inside, that was perfectly paced and the ending completely served as icing on the cake, whereas I was relieved when this was over.

Am going through collecting the remaining doughnuts and hidden FK messages. Am on the train one now and can't figure out how to get the FK. I can see it, and I guess I have to go back to it after the scene concludes but I can't get back to the remaining carriages. Anyone managed this one?
If it's the one I'm thinking of,
disabling the movement speed cheat can help. You need to go under the train after it runs you over, which won't happen if you're too fast.

Last edited:

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
Finished the game a little while ago. Wow. I was crying my eyes out at the last segments. What a beautiful game. Never played a Swery game before (this is also the first game I was tasked with reviewing) and I am blown away.

Deleted member 21411

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Talk about a game that ends strong. Jesus Christ Im gonna need a long time to sort that, beautiful game.

I also really need these emotes on my phone. Like I feel incomplete without them.