• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Magni

I've thought of making a thread for months now. Over half the time I try to tap on a thread, the list shifts down due to the ad loading at that exact moment and I end up in some marvel or DC thread. Sometimes it takes me three attempts before I give up and just wait for the ad to load before tapping on anything.

Is it asking too much for there to be a placeholder div so things don't jump around? Does anyone else have this issue, or am I the only with horrible timing when it comes to picking what I want to read next?

Ryaaan14

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
If sites choose to use intrusive ads then as a consumer you have a choice to make. Like plain and simple, sorry if controversial.

Kendrid

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
I had an ad take up 25% of my screen a few hours ago. It jumped around a bit. Make them standard size or have a placeholder div like you suggested.

Ultryx

Oct 27, 2017
United States
It jumps around for me a lot too. And I get the spazzing out text for a second or two when I load the main page. Frustrating? Yes. Not enough to drive me away, but I do wish it worked more smoothly.

Cerium

The Former
Oct 23, 2017
I haven't experienced the loading issue you describe but I'll ask tech to look into it.
Congratulations Android user you just won a $10000 card
I had an ad take up 25% of my screen a few hours ago. It jumped around a bit. Make them standard size or have a placeholder div like you suggested.
These definitely shouldn't be happening. If you see one of those again, please take a screenshot and try to get the link if you can and report it in the Ad Reporting Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.