• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
With World coming out in a couple of months and seemingly being a big step forward in the series I thought it would be a nice idea to look back over the past of the series. This little retrospective will mainly be focused on the monsters, however I will also be looking at the intros of each game and seeing just how good they are at getting players up to speed on the basics, as well as how fast they get you into the action.

Before I start, I thought it would be a good idea to let you all know my history with the series. My first Monster Hunter game was actually the original back on PS2... kinda. I rented the game when it was new, however I never got very far in it and as a result I kinda forgot about it once the rental period was over and I had to return it. i didn't truly get into the series until '09 when I saw a copy of Monster Hunter Freedom for $10 at EB Games. I was pretty starved for games on my PSP and it had a cool cover so I figured why not buy it? Even if I didn't like it was cheap so I wouldn't have wasted a lot of money. Like most people that started in Gen 1 i ended up getting hooked as soon as I killed my first Kut-Ku. Even once I finished the game I still wanted more. I immediately downloaded the demo for Freedom Unite and then bought it the next day. Starting with MH3 I've bought every MH game released in the west day 1. Now then, I think it's time to for me to stop talking and start up a new file in Monster Hunter Freedom!