• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
dbNP177.png

Pull back the curtain on early morning TV. Starring Reese Witherspoon, Jennifer Aniston, and Steve Carell, this unapologetically candid drama looks at the modern workplace through the lens of the people who help America wake up.

Watch The Morning Show now on the Apple TV app: https://t.co/Vkr0G4uM0w?amp=1

Cast
  • Jennifer Aniston as Alex Levy
  • Reese Witherspoon as Bradley Jackson
  • Billy Crudup as Cory Ellison
  • Mark Duplass as Charlie "Chip" Black
  • Gugu Mbatha-Raw as Hannah Shoenfeld
  • Néstor Carbonell as Yanko Flores
  • Karen Pittman as Mia Jordan
  • Bel Powley as Claire Canway
  • Desean Terry as Daniel Henderson
  • Jack Davenport as Jason Craig
  • Steve Carell as Mitch Kessler
Trailers

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
The first half of the first episode felt a bit off, but afterwards it got pretty great. I'm surprised by how much I enjoyed this show, considering the initial reviews, and I'm interested in seeing where it goes

Tigel

Oct 27, 2017
Watched the first 2 episodes and really liked it. Production values are top notch too.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Watched the first episode. The first half of the episode is rotten, but once Witherspoon has her viral moment, it picks up significantly. It's also a well-shot show -- it looks great on my OLED TV.

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
Watched the first episode. The first half of the episode is rotten, but once Witherspoon has her viral moment, it picks up significantly. It's also a well-shot show -- it looks great on my OLED TV.

One constant about the Apple TV+ shows is that they all look incredible and the content delivery quality is great. I don't understand why HBO can't stream their shows at a higher bitrate.

2pac_71

Oct 25, 2017
Holy fuck. Wow episode 4 is fantastic. This show just gets better with each episode. Shame that the critics only had up to episode 3.

Androidsleeps

Oct 27, 2017
The 4th episode is the best so far, the show looks great and the performances are solid. It's a fun show overall but the writing is kinda ehh, I hope it keeps getting better.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So many folks sleeping on this show because critics were not fond of it, and Episode 4 comes along and is some of the best TV of the year so far and I'm just wondering why this universe is the way it is.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Really loving this series, and agreed on episode 4 being the best so far. If I had one nitpick, it would be that the show has been fairly predictable so far (not that that makes it bad in anyway).

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
This is a great show, since Tuesday I just waited for Friday to come so I could watch the next episode. The new girl is the absolute opposite of unpredictable, though. In a good way. Lets see how it goes.

NookSports

Oct 27, 2017
That shot/reverse shot where Bradley and Alex watched the walkout was amazing. The framing, the subtle face acting.

Oct 25, 2017
I can't tell if this show is good at all, but a) Steve Carrel is perfect casting for the nice seeming guy that you wish wasn't a dirtbag and b) Billy Crudup is making some decisions where it comes to line reads. They're weird as hell and I'm here for them.

My nitpick: the idea that it took Bradley a whole week to wonder if Alex knew is laughable and not fitting with her characterization at all.

Last edited:

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I've watched the first three. A little slow to start but I got into it. Good acting all around. I'm not blown away or anything but I'll definitely keep tuning in. Not anywhere close to being as bad as some of those critics were trying to make it out to be.

Deleted member 2625

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can't believe people thought this show was boring

Crudup's character Corey is hilarious. Just pure Chaotic energy

Graefellsom

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Wasn't sure about the show for the first 15-20 minutes but it just got better and better. Wasn't completely sold after the first episode, but 2&3 knocked it out the park. Sharp script, great acting..

excited about the positive reactions to ep4

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Ep 4 was great. Gimme more. Crudup performance is hilarious and stealing each scene he's in.

Skyejack

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2019
My wife and I love the show, but as a black woman she is not thrilled with the diversity. There's tons of minorities, but they're all bit players in the background. Hopefully that changes as the season goes on.

Deleted member 30395

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Outside of some clunky writing this show has been pretty solid so far.

didn't quite get the politics of
reese witherspoons interview with the victim...
just not totally sure what the show was trying to say with that

2pac_71

Oct 25, 2017
Outside of some clunky writing this show has been pretty solid so far.

didn't quite get the politics of
reese witherspoons interview with the victim...
just not totally sure what the show was trying to say with that
I thought it was cause Crudup said other people should have known and he wants to get to the bottom of it? So her hinted at Reese before she went on air so during the interview she pressed her to see if her colleagues knew especially Aniston's character. That's what I got from it unless you mean a different part of the interview?

blast0rama

Oct 27, 2017
Baltimore, Maryland
Loving the show.

It struck me that Cory's move was multi-pronged. Getting in Bradley's ear in the dressing room was about getting her to turn against Alex, but also, setting Bradley off and having her go off the rails during the interview, making Fred look bad as the head of the network. Guessing that'd put Cory next in line? It's all very Littlefinger.

Skyejack

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2019
The look on the face of Carrell during the conversation with Martin Short's character was great. The realization that monsters exist and he might just be one was great.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
I've only watched one episode so far -- my main concern, and what's kept me from watching more, is that they did absolutely zero world or character building before the big story moment, which made it feel pretty flat. To me the first episode came off as a lot of angry, unlikable people yelling at each other. I hope this changes in subsequent episodes and that the characterizations build to something.

Also, that Reese Witherspoon monologue was pretty terrible.

infiniteloop

Oct 25, 2017
I've only watched one episode so far -- my main concern, and what's kept me from watching more, is that they did absolutely zero world or character building before the big story moment, which made it feel pretty flat. To me the first episode came off as a lot of angry, unlikable people yelling at each other. I hope this changes in subsequent episodes and that the characterizations build to something.

Also, that Reese Witherspoon monologue was pretty terrible.

I felt the same re episode 1. Has definitely improved. I still think Aniston's and Witherspoon's characters are the worst though.

Invictus

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty good so far. Billy Crudup seems to be having the time of his life playing this character and it's infectious. Love his performance.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've no idea why this was critically panned. So far, the direction has been stellar and the scripts have been mostly great.

Zutroy

Oct 25, 2017
There was something so surprising about Jennifer singing. I really wasn't expecting her to have a good voice.

nujabeans

Dec 2, 2017
The latest episode is the best so far. Billy Crudup is still carrying the show, but the other main characters are stepping up now.

Oct 26, 2017
United Kingdom
Seen the first three episodes and after its initial sluggish start, I'm really enjoying it. Far better than the reviews made out. Sure it's no Broadcast News, The Newsroom level, but still well worth watching, especially for Billy Crudup supporting role.

One part which was a tad weird, in a scene on a screen playing behind the characters, I got distracted cause I was trying to work out who it was being shown/interviewed on a set.

Then realised it was showing the UK This Morning show, and it was the doctor Chris Steele being interviewed by Schofield and Willoughby. Tad strange and had to restart the scene as I hadn't been listening.

WrIosg3.png

HFh6P03.png

Tupper

Jul 15, 2019
I just watched the latest episode, really good. I agree that Billy Crudup is killing it. Every interaction with him is amazing.

I had an interesting thought this morning when reading the gaming side. Can you imagine if there was a similar conference call between EA, Bioware, and Kotaku right before Jason Schreier's Anthem article dropped, like the NY Times article in this show? You could almost build a TV show with that as a starting point.

johan

Oct 29, 2017
Anyone know why the first few eps of this were in HDR, but the current and last one arent? I'm using the Apple TV app on my Samsung Q9FN

Deleted member 8901

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Anyone know why the first few eps of this were in HDR, but the current and last one arent? I'm using the Apple TV app on my Samsung Q9FN

It's Apple's turd ass service. Apple TVs aren't getting Dolby Vision and reverting down to HDR10. Everything else isn't getting HDR10 and reverting to SDR (Apple locks out DV for everything but Apple TV).

Like you've got all of 5 shows and still can't get the service running right. SMH.