• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
Movies getting Day 1 patches.
This truly is the future

I think it's without precedent to have this happen just for the sake of correcting visual effects.
I know in the past, movies have had edits released to remove controversial content, like Aladdin changing the Arabian Nights lyrics, or The Program removing the road hazing scene.

Oct 25, 2017
One of the reviews I read ( might have been io9?) was talking about numerous shots with conspicuously missing and/or unfinished VFX, so I guess it makes sense.

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
didn't one of the reviews say the director or editor had approved the final version hours before the review screening?

this movie was rushed as fuck to make the christmas deadline

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017
Most movies are sent over the internet and unlocked with digital keys at this point, so I believe it.

Mainly Indian movies and trailers that get delievered as hard drives these days.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cats: Update 1.2 + DLC - Episode Grizabella - Re:Meowmory

Includes:
- General Bug Fixes
- Performance and Stability changes
- New tutorial audio entries
- New Growltiger Holiday Outfit
- Matchmaking

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
They must have sent out the wrong print. I'd be surprised if missing CG could be fixed that fast

Xevren

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't had anything pop up about this so dunno if it's real. Even on Technicolor/dcdc side neither says anything.

Jane

Oct 17, 2018
has uh this ever happened before? (reviews mentioned glitches like human hands appearing in shots instead of paws, cats with no fur and then fur in the next scene, and literal humans in certain shots that should have either been cats or not in the shot at all).
Well there are the numerous Star Wars rereleases with all the annoying "improvements". Maybe not while the film is still in theatres though.

ClivePwned

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
A cat got into the server room and accidentally clicked 'send' on an earlier version with unfinished fx that made it a shitty movie. The new one will have mtx

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Is the physical release going to include the patch? LRG better not fuck this up.

TheBahaBlast

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who's department is supposed to catch that and fix that sort of thing...Dear God the absolute failure and rush to get this to theaters.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
If the director was pulling a 36 hour work day to complete the film the day before the premiere, I daresay the film was not exactly finished properly.