• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What did he testify to Congress about? Can you please elaborate how it will be obvious that he lied if, for example, he blacks out certain information that he did not provide to Congress, since he did not give the entire report to Congress?

Why do you believe he behaved in good faith to Congress given the massive nature of the report?

*edit*

I also notice you didn't answer the question. If I may ask again, do you personally trust Barr's word at face value?

We don't have to trust him. He testified that "peripheral third parties" would not include any public officials at all. The statement wasn't ambiguous. Every redaction will be color coded and justified. That plus context will make it very, very obvious if information about Trump is redacted.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
Sooooo....the report that totally exonerates him needs to be countered by his team with a counter-report, huh??

HMMMMM....
469.gif

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
imagine selling your soul to the devil to help Donald trump

absolutely preposterous

vacantseas

Oct 27, 2017

@realDonaldTrump The Mueller Report, which was written by 18 Angry Democrats who also happen to be Trump Haters (and Clinton Supporters), should have focused on the people who SPIED on my 2016 Campaign, and others who fabricated the whole Russia Hoax. That is, never forget, the crime.....

@realDonaldTrump ....Since there was no Collusion, why was there an Investigation in the first place! Answer - Dirty Cops, Dems and Crooked Hillary!

Wait, Trump said this report was a whole big nothingburger. Why the tweets then, bud?

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Trump and Co still trying hard to control the message that he's not guilty by dropping the 4-page report and then the heavily redacted "full" report publicly. Congress will eventually see the full doc, but by then truth will be battling against the misdirection of the past month.

And people easily fooled by all this will just discount it.

Mar 27, 2018
I dont really care about the report being redacted to the public, but the House better get the whole thing, no sharpie

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Let's see what Barr tries to redact, if there's massive black lines all over the thing that's the clue we need to know that a lot of the stuff that's in the report is ongoing.

Yup, it'll give more justification for Congress to start the process to get the full report, witness testimony from Barr and subsequently Mueller to get commissions and inaccuracies from Barr under oath.

Osiris397

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The problem with all of this is that Barr should have at the very least released the summaries the various investigators made which required no redactions and were intended for the purpose of immediate distribution.

Frankly in the House hearing they shouldn't have let him out of the room until he produced the various summaries, his assistants know where they are. That was the most basic part of his job related to this investigation and he botched it....seemingly with extreme prejudice.

If need be the House should have called in the investigators themselves on the day and atleast asked them why they believe Barr would abscond with the summaries.

Oct 27, 2017
Trump and Co still trying hard to control the message that he's not guilty by dropping the 4-page report and then the heavily redacted "full" report publicly. Congress will eventually see the full doc, but by then truth will be battling against the misdirection of the past month.

And people easily fooled by all this will just discount it.

We've already had polls that showed the Barr summary actually didn't change anything. People who thought Trump was guilty still thought was did and people who didn't continued covering their ears

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He's already lied to Congress... and I don't think it will be as easy to contextualize things as you suggest. But I guess we'll both find out soon enough.

The redactions are color coded based on type and individually justified. It'll be pretty obvious and anything that looks suspicious will drive subpoenas and other action by various committees. And even without that all they would have to do is get Mueller or someone else who worked on it in front of them and ask "is this redaction properly justified?"

Oct 25, 2017
We don't have to trust him. He testified that "peripheral third parties" would not include any public officials at all. The statement wasn't ambiguous. Every redaction will be color coded and justified. That plus context will make it very, very obvious if information about Trump is redacted.
If I may ask a third time, do you trust Barr?

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
I am sure entire chunks will be missing for no good reason other than to protect the criminal in chief.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I'm sure anything that would even be slightly damaging to Dear Leader will be redacted out. I await the inevitable leak of the full report.

Still, it's weird that Dumbass Donald is preemptively attacking a report that "fully exonerates" him.

Deleted member 1476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Barr deserves some thanks, after all he is basically highlighting what to search for in the full report.

XMonkey

Oct 26, 2017
The redactions are color coded based on type and individually justified. It'll be pretty obvious and anything that looks suspicious will drive subpoenas and other action by various committees. And even without that all they would have to do is get Mueller or someone else who worked on it in front of them and ask "is this redaction properly justified?"
I know about the color-coding.

I'm mainly concerned about what the public gets to see and know, not what the House will subpoena and see behind closed doors (assuming their subpoenas don't just end up being stonewalled and then delayed in court). Could that stuff leak? Sure, but I'm not gonna be holding my breath for that.

Mueller can be called to testify, ya, but that doesn't mean he's going to be able to publicly confirm or deny the things we need to know.

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The context matters in terms of interpreting your posts and analysis, which is why it was very bizarre to avoid answering a yes-or-no, seemingly irrelevant and harmless question, asked politely, three times.

Of course I don't trust him. I don't have to trust him.

Focusing on this demonstrates either an unwillingness or inability to understand what's being discussed.

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I know about the color-coding.

I'm mainly concerned about what the public gets to see and know, not what the House will subpoena and see behind closed doors (assuming their subpoenas don't just end up being stonewalled and then delayed in court). Could that stuff leak? Sure, but I'm not gonna be holding my breath for that.

Mueller can be called to testify, ya, but that doesn't mean he's going to be able to publicly confirm or deny the things we need to know.

He can be asked "is this redaction justified?" The committees can say Barr was not truthful. If the redactions are not done properly there is no legal justification for keeping what was redacted a secret.

Kraid

Oct 25, 2017
Cuck Zone
This is obviously going to clear the president given that it's dropping right before a holiday weekend while Congress is in recess. That doesn't seem like a news dump at all.

Deleted member 44129

Banned
May 29, 2018
How would we possibly know what is behind the colour coded redactions? There could be pages and pages of smoking gun stuff about Trump, and it's just a yellow block. "Yup, yellow is just stuff about someone you don't need to worry about"

Wijuci

Jan 16, 2018
Also, almost a full month after the release is frankly insulting. That's 100 pages to redact per week, 20 per working day. Even if Barr was alone at his desk with his sharpie he could have done it quicker!

Metallix87

User Requested Self-Ban
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
We always knew there would be redactions to protect the integrity of both ongoing investigations and investigative methods. This should surprise no one, and isn't reason for alarm... yet.

Deleted member 12352

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't he ordered to deliver the unredacted report? And isn't said delivery already overdue?

Yeah, this is a fucking scam. Mueller needs to be subpoena'd and asked what's missing.

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For public release I can understand that there might be redactions here and there. Congress needs it unredacted though. There's literally no valid reason for why people who are supposed to be able to hear classified information can't be given an unredacted report.

Metallix87

User Requested Self-Ban
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
For public release I can understand that there might be redactions here and there. Congress needs it unredacted though. There's literally no valid reason for why people who are supposed to be able to hear classified information can't be given an unredacted report.
I'm expecting Congress gets an unredacted version, for sure. We will never see it, though.

Krakatoa

Prophet of Regret
Oct 29, 2017
I'm sure the full report will subpoenaed by congress after this version is released.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm going to try not my hopes up but, if the report is rather damaging, I could see this being the plan all. Release a quick summary to delay long enough to redact the big stuff and launch an "investigation" into the report's origins to try to discredit the report.

See next week.
Mueller Report says Trump is a no-good jerk.
I don't comment on reports that are being investigated for being fake news.

Oct 25, 2017
That's actually probably a reasonable concern, given the rhetoric to release it.

No it's not. Clinton's report was sent to Congress unredacted. These people have security clearances legitimately unlike some in the White House. Also nobody in the report should be protected from 'anything that would "unduly infringe on the personal privacy and reputational interests of peripheral third parties." '

It's fucking bullshit and you know it.

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
I don't understand why these kind of reports get redacted.

Open the fucking can of worms. Weed out the shit. All this smoke and mirrors bullshit is what causes corruption to spread in the first place.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
As long as Schiff, Nadler, and Cummings get to see the whole enchilada we should be ok. Im making a big assumption that the DoJ will follow the law here.

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
Well since I don't know what's in the redacted version, I'm going to assume that it'll be more than enough for the public. For Congress, they should just subpoena the unredacted version like they with with Watergate.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017

@realDonaldTrump The Mueller Report, which was written by 18 Angry Democrats who also happen to be Trump Haters (and Clinton Supporters), should have focused on the people who SPIED on my 2016 Campaign, and others who fabricated the whole Russia Hoax. That is, never forget, the crime.....

@realDonaldTrump ....Since there was no Collusion, why was there an Investigation in the first place! Answer - Dirty Cops, Dems and Crooked Hillary!

I mentally put a ™ after each of those capitalized phrases.

The Mueller Report™, which was written by 18 Angry Democrats™ who also happen to be Trump Haters™ (and Clinton Supporters™), should have focused on the people who SPIED on my 2016 Campaign™, and others who fabricated the whole Russia Hoax™. That is, never forget, the crime....

....Since there was no Collusion™, why was there an Investigation in the first place! Answer - Dirty Cops, Dems and Crooked Hillary™!

Oct 27, 2017
I imagine they're willing to risk going to court to preserve their redactions, and they'll hide behind national security bullshit to keep the redactions from being revealed even to congress.

Status
Not open for further replies.