• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Atlagev

Oct 27, 2017
They can, yes. But do you really think Barr and Trump will allow that if they can help it?

I mean, obviously not. But if they really are concerned about revealing things like intelligence collection methods, etc. (I know they aren't, but let's just say hypothetically), I could understand only letting a small group from Congress view the unredacted report. I mean, fuck, who has even seen the full report at this point? Is Barr the only one?

Deleted member 49804

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 21, 2018
The redactions are color coded based on type and individually justified. It'll be pretty obvious and anything that looks suspicious will drive subpoenas and other action by various committees. And even without that all they would have to do is get Mueller or someone else who worked on it in front of them and ask "is this redaction properly justified?"
Exactly. This all is just a political farce.
There are plenty of people who know the report, that could be asked about it.

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
Redaction color codes:

Red: collusion
Green: obstruction
Blue: campaign finance violations
Black: hush money

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017

@realDonaldTrump The Mueller Report, which was written by 18 Angry Democrats who also happen to be Trump Haters (and Clinton Supporters), should have focused on the people who SPIED on my 2016 Campaign, and others who fabricated the whole Russia Hoax. That is, never forget, the crime.....

@realDonaldTrump ....Since there was no Collusion, why was there an Investigation in the first place! Answer - Dirty Cops, Dems and Crooked Hillary!

"This thing that totally exonnerates me was written by 18 Angry Democrats"

Metallix87

User Requested Self-Ban
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
No it's not. Clinton's report was sent to Congress unredacted. These people have security clearances legitimately unlike some in the White House. Also nobody in the report should be protected from 'anything that would "unduly infringe on the personal privacy and reputational interests of peripheral third parties." '

It's fucking bullshit and you know it.
For the record, we've had multiple posters on this very forum suggest outright that the report would be leaked by members of Congress.

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For the record, we've had multiple posters on this very forum suggest outright that the report would be leaked by members of Congress.
Is "it is my belief that members of Congress, who have clearance to view the documents, may leak them" a legitimate reason under the governing regulations for denying access to members of Congress with appropriate clearance?

I haven't read them but...I sincerely doubt that's an exception listed in the law.

Metallix87

User Requested Self-Ban
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Is "it is my belief that members of Congress, who have clearance to view the documents, may leak them" a legitimate reason under the governing regulations for denying access to members of Congress with appropriate clearance?

I haven't read them but...I sincerely doubt that's an exception listed in the law.
I'm unsure of what the law says about a document such as this and the redactions within. I just know that, regardless of what Congress gets, we're very likely to see Mueller testify before Congress.

Oct 25, 2017
That's probably because it shouldn't be redacted in the first place.

No it's not. Clinton's report was sent to Congress unredacted.

As quoted from earlier. There's a reason Barr let the White house see the full report before anyone else. Don't play dumb.

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

What record? How are the opinions of forum posters releant to what congress will or won't do?

I mean, obviously not. But if they really are concerned about revealing things like intelligence collection methods, etc. (I know they aren't, but let's just say hypothetically), I could understand only letting a small group from Congress view the unredacted report. I mean, fuck, who has even seen the full report at this point? Is Barr the only one?

There are unsubstantiated rumours of the WH having seen the report.

And no, Barr/WH et al. are not concerned with national security, they're committing a cover-up in plain sight. This is Watergate all over again. It is so obvious it makes me mad.

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
Colour coding is the happy medium IMO. Though really, at this point, the redactions may be more of a national security threat than just having the full thing out there. Only time will tell.

Oct 25, 2017
Well, what does "briefed" mean? Technically the public's been "briefed" too. Did the WH get copies of the actual report in full?
No one knows except Barr who wouldn't answer the question if the White House was briefed or not earlier last week. Just from Trump's reaction the past couple of days it wasn't very flattering I imagine.

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Release the uncensored report you fucking cowards.

Apparently, Mueller's team summarized each section of their report, which does *not* include any information that requires redaction. It's just a summary of their findings... If those are at all redacted or edited, then it's obvious that Barr went to great lengths to obfuscate the report.

Metallix87

User Requested Self-Ban
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I'm assuming that these redactions are not in good faith when the guy being investigated gets briefed first by the guy he placed in the AG position back in January instead of Congress.
My question to you, then, is this: Do you think Mueller is going to accept that and cover for Barr and Trump when subpoenaed?

Oct 29, 2017
This is obviously going to clear the president given that it's dropping right before a holiday weekend while Congress is in recess. That doesn't seem like a news dump at all.

Indeed. The most appropriate way to release the most important evidence that totally clears the president is quietly at the end of the week in the middle of Congressional recess. Definitely the sign of a president and AG who are super duper confident in the findings of the report.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017

@realDonaldTrump The Mueller Report, which was written by 18 Angry Democrats who also happen to be Trump Haters (and Clinton Supporters), should have focused on the people who SPIED on my 2016 Campaign, and others who fabricated the whole Russia Hoax. That is, never forget, the crime.....

@realDonaldTrump ....Since there was no Collusion, why was there an Investigation in the first place! Answer - Dirty Cops, Dems and Crooked Hillary!

It's like mad libs but for right-wing conspiracy theorists.

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
who has to "draft" a pizza order
Poor party planners who make the mistake of asking everyone for their preference, instead of just ordering X plain, X pepperoni, X veggie pies.

The surefire way to make people pissed off about getting pizza is asking the room for their preferences.
  • Order five plain pies for the room and people are happy because there's pizza and pizza is good.
  • Ask everyone for their input and someone will be mad they didn't get their extra black olives slices because no one else wanted that shit.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
Considering Mueller supposedly included summaries to each section that shouldn't require redactions, it should be pretty obvious if what we see goes against what Mueller wanted the public to see.

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
Sneak peak:

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
Apparently, Mueller's team summarized each section of their report, which does *not* include any information that requires redaction. It's just a summary of their findings... If those are at all redacted or edited, then it's obvious that Barr went to great lengths to obfuscate the report.

Cool. Didn't know this.

Metallix87

User Requested Self-Ban
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Considering Mueller supposedly included summaries to each section that shouldn't require redactions, it should be pretty obvious if what we see goes against what Mueller wanted the public to see.
Exactly. I really doubt it's going to be feasible for Barr to hide much of anything here, given the nature of the report.

Maxim726x

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Cool. Didn't know this.

It's mostly why people are so pissed off.

Mueller basically made the summaries for the explicit purpose of being released without compromising sources/interfering with any ongoing investigations. As far as I understand it, that's really the only reason it's even there.

I hope someone asks him how he feels about those summaries not being released in a more timely fashion.

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
First things to look for

1) Are any of the sentences from which fragments were pulled in Barr's letter fully unredacted?
2) Are any of the summaries fully unredacted?

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
edit:

It's mostly why people are so pissed off.

Mueller basically made the summaries for the explicit purpose of being released without compromising sources/interfering with any ongoing investigations. As far as I understand it, that's really the only reason it's even there.

I hope someone asks him how he feels about those summaries not being released in a more timely fashion.

Didn't know this so guess we will have to wait and see how much is readable.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
What are the odds he redacts all of the good shit?

Status
Not open for further replies.