• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
Then he's an idiot because we know Trump checks often don't clear.
I wouldn't think from Trump specifically. There are a rich ass people, in and out of the government who will pay whatever it takes to preserve their status quo. The entire republican party is funded by billionaire and corporate interests. Those are the people who would be handing out paydays.

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
About 1/3 of this thread is people actively advocating impeachment as if it's even remotely possible, so..
Impeachment is more than possible. That requires only the House. Maybe you're thinking of conviction and removal by the Senate? Yes, we all know the GOP are snakes and put the party over country so they would never convict a GOP president under any circumstances.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
About 1/3 of this thread is people actively advocating impeachment as if it's even remotely possible, so..

It absolutely is, and theres probably no other way for us to hear exactly what happened. The report contains WAY MORE than enough to begin proceedings and start issuing subpoenas.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
There's not much to elaborate on. I'm reading that there are tons of redactions here, folks on multiple stations shocked at how few redactions there are in the document and how transparent it is. I'm reading that he is for sure going to be impeached because of what is in it, on the news I'm seeing multiple folks saying this actually helps Trump and his chances for reelection. I'm just saying the two sides are so drasticily different that it is amusing in a weird way.
I just skimmed the entire report. I'd say the redactions are pretty minimal and the report is absolutely brutal on Trump. If Republicans had any sort of moral compass they'd already be at the White House demanding he step down.

peyrin

Oct 27, 2017
California
Impeachment is more than possible. That requires only the House. Maybe you're thinking of conviction and removal by the Senate? Yes, we all know the GOP are snakes and put the party over country so they would never convict a GOP president under any circumstances.

2/3 of a House currently held by ~55% Dems is going to impeach?

Conviction also being an impossibility is also a true (and probably stronger) point, though.

Downhome

Oct 27, 2017
When you said you don't believe something, what did you mean? I was confused by the phrasing.

I had no clue what you meant. That was a typo, was meant to say something else, along the lines of "I've never seen such a drastic difference in opinions on something like this".

I am currently dealing with medical issues where my mind completely slips in typing and reading/writing things. I randomly completely forget how to spell basic words lose my train of thought and it ends up looking completely jumbled up. I try to catch it the best I can, but I miss it as well. It's why I haven't posted much here lately, and it's been a bitch at work. I know this sounds like some sort of weird elaborate excuse, but it stems from my thread I started last year concerning my various severe kidney issues.

Lifendz

Oct 27, 2017
So you can publicly request espionage and election interference so long as you don't directly engage in the subsequent actions of espionage or hacking? I have no words.

Oct 25, 2017
I had no clue what you meant. That was a typo, was meant to say something else, along the lines of "I've never seen such a drastic difference in opinions on something like this".

I am currently dealing with medical issues where my mind completely slips in typing and reading/writing things. I randomly completely forget how to spell basic words lose my train of thought and it ends up looking completely jumbled up. I try to catch it the best I can, but I miss it as well. It's why I haven't posted much here lately, and it's been a bitch at work. I know this sounds like some sort of weird elaborate excuse, but it stems from my thread I started last year concerning my various severe kidney issues.
Thanks for the explanation and I respectfully apologize if I was rude. It makes sense now.

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
I'm literally laughing at all the people who read the 4 page memo from the guy who covered up Iran Contra and immediately went "SEE THERE WAS NOTHING YOU DUMB LIBERALS."

Oct 28, 2017
There's not much to elaborate on. I'm reading that there are tons of redactions here, folks on multiple stations shocked at how few redactions there are in the document and how transparent it is. I'm reading that he is for sure going to be impeached because of what is in it, on the news I'm seeing multiple folks saying this actually helps Trump and his chances for reelection. I'm just saying the two sides are so drasticily different that it is amusing in a weird way.

The redactions don't appear to be enormously meaningful given the overall tone of the report. Most appear to be related to an ongoing investigation into the so-called 'Internet Research Agency'.

Deleted member 862

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
7v9kcob.png

iP42wHz.gif

peyrin

Oct 27, 2017
California
IIRC they only need a House majority to begin proceedings, 2/3 of Senate is needed for removal

House is a simple majority. Senate is the supermajority requirement.

I'm pretty sure these are referring to the committee groundwork that would have to be laid for something like presidential impeachment, but without 2/3 of the chamber you're still going absolutely nowhere. Maybe Adam Schiff gets into another scuffle on Twitter or something.

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
Republicans dont realize that if they enable this shit and dont step up against this behavior, that as soon as there are Dems in the senate or president, they can do the same exact shit and possibly even worse.

This is fucking dangerous. We are witnessing them play with fire and its up to them to decide what burns for the rest of history.

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I'm pretty sure these are referring to the committee groundwork that would have to be laid for something like presidential impeachment, but without 2/3 of the chamber you're still going absolutely nowhere. Maybe Adam Schiff gets into another scuffle on Twitter or something.
No. It's a simple majority in the House. Look at the vote margins for the charges against Clinton.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impeachment_of_Bill_Clinton#Impeachment_by_House_of_Representatives

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Republicans dont realize that if they enable this shit and dont step up against this behavior, that as soon as there are Dems in the senate or president, they can do the same exact shit and possibly even worse.

This is fucking dangerous. We are witnessing them play with fire and its up to them to decide what burns for the rest of history.
Media would be raging and Dems aren't corrupt immoral assholes like Republicans that have their own propaganda channel, so no Dems wouldn't be able to do the same thing

Pedrito

Nov 4, 2017
So how many hidden Q drops are in there? Are Obama and Hillary being tried for treason? Is Mueller finally admitting he was working for Trump all this time?

[/s]

Status
Not open for further replies.