• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Exellus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Joe Biden the sweetheart of CNN and corporate Democrats. He's also the sweetheart of low information voters who think they would vicariously living an Obama 3rd term through Biden.

They see him a a "safe" pick that will pull conservative voters away from Trump.

I say this is BULLSHIT.

For every vote stolen from Conservatives (why are you trying to satisfy them by the way?) you lose a vote from a young person that isn't motivated remember to vote.

Now you might argue: Voting against Trump is the only motivation I need!

And for you, that's fine! For me, that's also fine! I'd vote for Biden over Trump too!

But I can't guarantee every other young voter feels that same way. There's a difference in voting AGAINST something and voting FOR something. And people want to vote FOR something.

Time has shown Bernie Sanders to have the MOST grass roots support of any candidate. Most individual donations. Most individual money raised. Average donation $27. That's because working class people through the West Coast, East Coast, Deep South, Urban, Rural, Rust Belt, Black Belt it doesn't MATTER all love this old man who has been raging against the machine for half a century.

He was Progressive before progressive was a thing. He's more liberal than the Democrat party.

"But why is he still an Independent! He should join the Democrat party!"

BITCH the Democrat party should join HIM. They aren't progressive enough yet for him to want to label himself Democrat.

Trump has shown that all that takes to win is Charisma, Energy, and a Cult of Personality. Well Bernie has ALL that shit PLUS good policies that aim to help the lowest of Americans.

I think Biden AND Bernie could beat Trump in the general, and by similar margins. And I also think that Bernie's presidency would be a HELL of a lot better for our country and our planet than Biden's presidency.

So take all this defeatist "Biden will probably win", "Biden is the safe pick" BULLSHIT and SHOVE IT UP YOUR ASS.

qvgnm6hdnh7y.jpg

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
I don't like Biden much and certainly would prefer someone else as the nominee, but with Sanders I'm basically voting for whoever he picks as VP.

Someone less than 3/4 of a century old, please.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
trump is electable to this country

if david duke was the republican nominee and wore a klan hood i guarantee you he would get atleast 20% of the vote

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
Young people aren't catered to cause they're unreliable as hell and that's held true for pretty much the entirety of US history. Good at protesting bad at showing up to the polls.

Oct 25, 2017
Older people are much more reliable voters than younger people, sorry.

Isn't that kind of why you want to appeal to younger voters? If older voters are guaranteed and vote on party lines, you don't really need to worry about them as much. In other words, put a Biden and you'll get old faithfuls. Put up someone more exciting -- not saying Bernie, necessarily -- and you'll get old faithful, and the people who only vote for things that excite them.

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
Isn't that kind of why you want to appeal to younger voters? If older voters are guaranteed and vote on party lines, you don't really need to worry about them as much. In other words, put a Biden and you'll get old faithfuls. Put up someone more exciting -- not saying Bernie, necessarily -- and you'll get old faithful, and the people who only vote for things that excite them.

Because those people who say they want to vote for things don't show up. They didn't show up in 2016. They won't show up now. They'll give donations. Forget to vote during the primary. Then, they will cry they want to vote for something and why is Bernie not the nominee.

Most of the delegates Bernie did win in 2016 were caucuses which are notoriously anti-democratic.

BrutalInsane

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
K. I don't like Bernard. I don't like Biden. But I'm damn sure to vote for whoever gets the nom.

Also, chill. I think you thought this would come off as a rallying cry, but it's rather prickish and obnoxious.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"low information voters"

starting early with the dogwhistles I see
Also the "my feelings are truth and your polling numbers and math is not" we saw happen after Bernie lost South Carolina in 2016 hasn't gone anywhere.
This is a Democratic primary (plus crossover I/Rs in states that are bad which have open primaries.) The age thing is universal across both parties and isn't even limited to the US - even when you had younger turnout bump up in the UK and US in 2017/2018, it was matched alongside even larger turnout from older voters. Candidates who rely on a "surge of younger voters" to get them across the finish line never, ever get it. You have to be able to appeal to a significant number of older voters (and black voters in the Dem primary) to have a chance.

Oct 25, 2017
Because those people who say they want to vote for things don't show up. They didn't show up in 2016. They won't show up now. They'll give donations. Forget to vote during the primary. Then, they will cry they want to vote for something and why is Bernie not the nominee.

That's a fair point. I feel like in this next election it's going to be even more important to go for broke and pick an exciting candidate, though -- because I think people in general are more likely to vote this time. Could be wrong, though.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Trump has Democratic voters spooked. That's why when they see him bumbling his way through a debate, his numbers don't drop. Basically, I feel like voters aren't willing to take any chances this election. "No games". Which is a shame because I want Warren president. I'm like 75% sure at this point Biden will be #46.

HeySeuss

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
The majority of public see Bernie as a crazy old man that has some decent ideas but is mostly nutters. He's like the old guy that lives down the road that everyone knows but stays away from because you never know how he will react

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Trump has Democratic voters spooked. That's why when they see him bumbling his way through a debate, his numbers don't drop. Basically, I feel like voters aren't willing to take any chances this election. "No games". Which is a shame because I want Warren president. I'm like 75% sure at this point Biden will be #46.

This is basically where I'm at these days.

Nif

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The "Don't blame us when we're too unmotivated to vote" shit is tired.

whytemyke

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Take it to the polls and shut the f up with this.
No shit. I can't tell you how obnoxious it gets listening to Dems bitch about other Dem candidates like they're not going to line up behind them the moment this shit gets going.

I get that typing in large fonts into the deep recesses of the internet probably is cathartic on some level, but come the fuck on. We don't need a new thread every single time someone gets mad about people wanting to support Biden. There are real problems that could come out of these primaries (divided party? Maryanne Williamson?) and the longer we quibble among each other over stupid shit like whether Biden or Bernie are more electable, the longer those abscesses linger and fester. Just ask Ted Cruz or Jeb! or John Kasich how well it worked hoping a charismatic dolt playing to the fringes would go away on it's own.

OtherWorldly

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
That's true. If we learned anything form 2016, it's that people will always show up for the moderate candidate and that swing voters won't vote for Trump because of his racism.

yeah i know right? if bernie was the nominee instead of hillary he would have lost the election and the popular vote as well

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bernie has less chance for the nomination in 2020 than 2016. Better alternatives this time around.
After looking at the data, it's really obvious that if Bernie hadn't completely blown his outreach to black voters he could have beaten Clinton. Replace Bernie with Warren and Warren very well might have taken it.

Status
Not open for further replies.