• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Pokemon Let's go at least has a nicer presentation technically, the rest will have to be good too for the next entry. More core fans have wishes they want fulfilled and pokemon has the money to do that easily.

Deleted member 42686

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 26, 2018
Ive always felt like Pokemon has always kept their production vaules relatively low and gameplay changes minuscule so that when there is a slight bump in presentation, or they add one new mechanic for that generation, it seems impressive to their fanbase.

"Wow! With Z-Moves you now have a total of 5 Moves!" Great, now join every other JRPG since 1993.

Like these games arent bad, they are not bad at all. I enjoyed my time with Moon, but goddamn these games are derivative, and other games in its sub-genre of collect em all monster RPG's (SMT, Yokai Watch) are doing so much more with concept, it just makes Pokemon look old and antiquated in comparison.

But thats how the fish people nowadays. Megas with XY and Z-moves with SM.

kaisere

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love Pokemon and will defend them, but it is WILD to say that they are not unambitious. GF is a very conservative developerr by nature and that is great for folks like me that like the formula and don't mind doing it over every year or two.

That being said, I do think Let's Go has a lot of problems, but the graphics are not it. It is a very pretty game.