• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DoggosPuppersWoofers

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A 6-Year-Old Girl Was Sexually Abused in an Immigrant-Detention Center

Separated from her mother by Trump's zero-tolerance policy, the child was forced to sign a statement confirming that she understood it was her responsibility to stay away from her abuser.

Full article here: https://www.thenation.com/article/six-year-old-girl-sexually-abused-immigrant-detention-center/

I'm at a loss for words. What an inhumane and barbaric country. I hope this gets the exposure it needs in the media.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
I really have no words right now. My heart goes out to that little girl and her family.

Pekola

Oct 27, 2017
These are the kinds of things you knew were bound to happen, but don't actually want to hear.

How anyone could allow these separations to happen knowing this was a possibility, is a monster.

Deleted member 23212

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Swkeyprogramsafetyprogram20180612redacted-1.jpg

Pekola

Oct 27, 2017
The article also mentions that the other child that enacted it, did it again.

Where are the adults in these institutions?

less

Oct 25, 2017
The article also mentions that the other child that enacted it, did it again.

Where are the adults in these institutions?

This was one of the most infuriating things I read in the article. No apparently gives enough of a fuck to protect the children there. Deplorable people.

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
Gonna cross post myself

This story is awful but it's absolutely nothing unusual for any type of juvenile detention facility. The tens of thousands of kids in the US thrown into juvenile prisons for "usual" things like selling a bit of weed have to deal with conditions that are oftentimes worse than adult prisons with even less oversight. Abuse, physical and sexual, is rampant there just as it is in the stretotypical hardened federal prisons for the same reasons. Guards don't care and let prisoners abuse each other as a form of self policing.

So of course stuff like this is occurring in migrant camps. Because they've been occurring in places just like it for years and years.

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
Sadly i'm not surprised was waiting to hear a story emerge... unchecked power involving children there will always be sexual abuse, fucking disgusting people.

Oct 29, 2017
We're gonna be hearing shit about this for a good long while. Nobody knows what's going on in these fucking internement camps and at the moment these pigs have free reign to do with the children whatever they want. There's gonna be stories for abuse for years.

Yet another humanitarian shitstain on the US's history. Hope all the Trump supporters are happy. (I'm sure they legitimately are)

Luchashaq

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
I bet 100s of rapes and assaults have gone on.

If you work for ICE you already don't have any moral compass.

Honestly would be shocked of there isn't a few literal buried bodies at this point.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
I cant...im legitimately too angry to reasonably respond to this. How tf...

You asked a six year old to stay away from their abuser. How about, if you left the child with their parents in the first place, this wouldn't have happened.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
So much happens with this presidency that this will never get the outrage and justice it deserves. People are spread thin on the outrageous things that happen

Oct 26, 2017
Not to make light of the situation or to sound flippant, but how is anyone surprised by this. The people working there are the worst of the worst. Power tripping lowlifes that get off on human suffering. They are torturers, rapists and murderers.
State sponsored I might ad.

Syf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Not surprising when you separate kids from any sort of guardian. I'm sure there's plenty other incidents that haven't been reported.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
I bet 100s of rapes and assaults have gone on.

If you work for ICE you already don't have any moral compass.

Honestly would be shocked of there isn't a few literal buried bodies at this point.
I expect the stories that emerge out of these detainment centers will make Abu Ghraib look like a picnic by comparison.
And America will learn NOTHING.

Daphne

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
How can a six year old be legally responsible and fill out any paperwork? And the page actually boldly states the victim is to blame for "presenting sexually inappropriate behavior". This is the six year old. And it's up to this small child to take care of themselves and stay away from their abuser. Am I reading that right? Then after this incident, it happened again. This is fucking insane. There is nothing about this that isn't disgusting and vile.

According to D.L.'s mother, when the family came together again, the young girl was confused. "I hugged her, I was crying. She didn't recognize me," the mother said. "She told me that she thought I was never going to be with her again and that she was going to have to live with another lady. She behaved like she was still in detention. She wouldn't touch me, hug me or kiss me."

"It lasted for a couple of days," said D.L's mother. "She didn't know I was her mom. She thought I was another social worker."

D.L.'s mother reports that her girl is getting better everyday, but the trauma of the ordeal lingers. "She is still behaving following the rules of the detention center," said the mother. "She doesn't let them touch her, she doesn't touch them. She wakes up at 6, and bathes and eats. She behaves like she is programmed."

I feel like screaming "Fuck' and never stopping, I'm so angry at this. Is anyone ever even going to be punished for all of this? These are crimes against humanity.

Last edited:

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Yeah the type of people that are okay with kidnapping children are not the type of people that are interested in protecting children. Shocked.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It was inevitable and I hate to say it, but I feel it'll become the norm as time goes on. There will be a lot of innocence and lives lost by the end of this.