• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 29, 2017
Can I just vent for a moment?

Why THE HELL can't you just have a plain black background on the NES Online games!? How could they screw up such a basic thing!?

Also, no suspend saves either! Restore Points only! This is the first time Nintendo have ever screwed up with these things!! How could they mess up so bad!?

No button remapping sucks balls as well; yes I know that the NES Classic didn't support it, but come on!!

As things stand, this thing will not be my primary way of playing NES games. These things need to be fixed pronto!

syth

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's fucking great, each to their own ey.

There's also 20 other threads to discuss this in. Have a go there.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Why did you pay for a service without reading up on what you could or can't do & what the service does or doesn't provide? I don't understand why you shelled out $20 without looking things up.

Barn

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Surely I've seen something else inspire as much gamer hyperbole as Nintendo Online, but it's got to be a damned close contest.

Everything you've listed here is a complaint, but -- with the arguable exception of button mapping (and even then, that's a stretch with how dramatic you're being) -- each one is incredibly negligible. Like, the background has a very subtle texture. The difference between suspends and restore points is so minor that most people (myself included) don't know or don't care. Yeah, there are lots of criticisms you can level at Nintendo Online, but the NES app -- while it does have some flaws that you could (theoretically, but not if you're the OP) discuss in a mature fashion -- is overall a really slick, fast, well-designed package. Personally, I find it among the most enjoyable emulation interfaces I've used.

But, yeah, it's a giant screw up ball-sucking dumpster fire that needs to be fixed before anyone who paid the whole $1.66 this month can ever breathe again.

EDIT: So it turns out restore points are actually way better. Maybe the OP is really on-point satire?

OP
OP
Oct 29, 2017
... what's the difference ?

Suspend Save = temporary save state that gets deleted when you go back into a game.

Restore Point = Permanant Save state that allows you to cheat in a game that you can reload over and over again.

Why did you pay for a service without reading up on what you could or can't do & what the service does or doesn't provide? I don't understand why you shelled out $20 without looking things up.

I didn't buy it just for this. I wanted online play and cloud saves too.

I think it's fucking great, each to their own ey.

There's also 20 other threads to discuss this in. Have a go there.

Making a seperately thread makes it more likely that people from Nintendo will actually read it and hopefully feedback people's dissatisfaction with it. NOE and NOA guys do read this forum you know!

Isn't it literally just NES Classic?

Nope. NES/SNES Classic (and every single iteration of the Virtual Console) supported Suspend Saves and had at least an option for a plain black 16:9 background. These are basic features that Nintendo themselves made standard!

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
I think its great I would never buy these games anymore they are just too old for me at this point but its nice having them there as an option. Ive played Tennis and Soccer more than id like to admit. Also I love playing them in handheld mode.

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
Rise up gamers! We shall not be oppressed by the amount of balls this service sucks!

Look, it can be better, it can be a lot better, but don't you think you're overreacting a bit?

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
I mean I'd more take issue with the painful drip feed of games and the lack of more enjoyable systems, Nintendo's actual options when it's come to emulation have always been terrible.

eseqko

Oct 27, 2017
Surely I've seen something else inspire as much gamer hyperbole as Nintendo Online, but it's got to be a damned close contest.

Everything you've listed here is a complaint, but -- with the arguable exception of button mapping (and even then, that's a stretch with how dramatic you're being) -- each one is incredibly negligible. Like, the background has a very subtle texture. The difference between suspends and restore points is so minor that most people (myself included) don't know or don't care. Yeah, there are lots of criticisms you can level at Nintendo Online, but the NES app -- while it does have some flaws that you could (theoretically, but not if you're the OP) discuss in a mature fashion -- is overall a really slick, fast, well-designed package. Personally, I find it among the most enjoyable emulation interfaces I've used.

But, yeah, it's a giant screw up ball-sucking dumpster fire that needs to be fixed before anyone who paid the whole $1.66 this month can ever breathe again.

Rikster

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Jun 24, 2018
California
It's literally been out for a day relax, and do some research before you pay, there are plenty of YouTube videos up.

DarkTom

Nov 9, 2017
It is already restore points on Wii U and 3DS. There are also suspens points I think but restore points are better anyway.
What's the problem with them ? That some people will cheat in their single player games ? How does that lessen your enjoyment ?

Deleted member 2652

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
maybe it's just me but no matter how good an argument is, adding "sucks balls" kind of invalidates it

cgatto

Feb 9, 2018
Canada

EDIT: So it turns out restore points are actually way better. Maybe the OP is really on-point satire?

Amen.

Status
Not open for further replies.