• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Fucking gutless movie

And these tweets from the writer as part of her campaign to make the PG 13 hack job a feminist act are really funny once you've seen the end product

Positing R rated as for men and PG 13 for girls, is a doozy, especially in how again fucking gutless this movie ends up being.

It's not a commentary on modern society and feminist issues it's a fucking cash in... that probably won't actually make any money lol

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
What is the big twist or ruins the 3rd act of the movie?

I'm so curious, but not enough to actually see the movie.

MrBS

Oct 27, 2017
I should have done my homework on this lol. I went in not watching a trailer or knowing anything about it. What a ride. The dialogue came across as progressive madlibs at points with a number of key terms shoehorned into conversations that felt really forced. The message its putting forward while killing a whole bunch of women is something as well. Empowerment? Eh.....
Highlights were after the murders were happening on mass and the characters knew they were in a life or death struggle they still found the time to have a character be called out for saying 'not all men' followed by saying 'calm down' and the fallout from that. The best was the part when our hero before destroying the statue full of black goo misoginist black magic says 'we will not be broken!'
Not sure what the tone it was going for, is it parody, is it lampooning exploitation movies? It never leaned in hard enough, it just struck me the whole way through that some media execs were like, 'hey what do the kids like these days? Women being people? lol okay go make that movie.' Which seems to be at odds with the director apparently being sincere.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Holy fuck Blumhouse, what were you thinking? This movie was total piss. Rob Zombie's Halloween II was better than this.