• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Chamaeleonx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why RIP? =/
I made suggestions above of what I would like to see in the future. Especially regarding the Alert page as currently it seems like one big list that gets hard to navigate if you haven't checked the website for some time. Will only get worse once the traffic increases.

Life is full of mysteries.
I won't quote the Gif again..., but you probably get my point.
My Avatar is probably on the same level as yours + can't even ask for a source.

TideSwayer

Oct 27, 2017
Just wanted to direct traffic to the official thread about this: Changelog v1.1: in the Announcements sub-forum. Better chance any concerns or suggestions you have will be seen there than here. Also, there's a detailed changelog in the OP of that thread if you want the finer details. :)

Ghos

Oct 25, 2017
thinking-face.png

edit: alright fun's over

Last edited:

Chamaeleonx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I meant from seeing what his avatar was based on.

Hey, don't scare me like that :P
Saw the picture a few posts up and thought you got banned for using the "hmm smiley". Was already preparing to bail out.

How do you even know what it is based on? (Why do so many have PM's deactivated?..)

In the end I am glad the forum will slowly evolve and get even better. Lets just hope they don't overwork themself.

OP
OP
EarthBound64

EarthBound64

User was permanently banned at own request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Connecticut
Saw the picture a few posts up and thought you got banned for using the "hmm smiley". Was already preparing to bail out.

Yeah, I was like "Hmm"

How do you even know what it is based on?

I have no idea what you're talking about...
hmm.jpg

(Why do so many have PM's deactivated?..)

I'm guessing people who have registered during open registration can't PM right away. I could be wrong, though.

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City
Really dig the new changes. Navigation on top was one of the features i wanted so bad. Thanks.

Its nice to see the changes in real time. I already can smell the official dark theme.

Chamaeleonx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can't PM until account is approved. Source: me
Source Me: I can only PM a few people, some seem to have it deactivated. For example
Cream or EarthBound64
If your account is not approved how are you even posting or logged in?
Maybe this is a bug somehow that nobody noticed yet. Who knows?

metaprogram

Oct 28, 2017
Source Me: I can only PM a few people, some seem to have it deactivated. For example
Cream or EarthBound64
If your account is not approved how are you even posting or logged in?
Maybe this is a bug somehow that nobody noticed yet. Who knows?

My account is approved now. Just that after first registering you have to wait until it's manually approved, and in that time you can browse threads and you have a profile and be logged in, but you just can't respond to any threads or write PMs.

Chamaeleonx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Strange...
I've gotten PMs from other people...
Maybe I was mistaken. I didn't see it on your profile page but if I click here in this thread on your name I see "Start Conversation". Guess I am not used to the interface so far. Sorry if it caused confusion.
Guess I should find Cream and inquire him on those pictures.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Love the improvements. Being able to go top/ bottom easily in a thread, and easy access at the top to all forums is godlike on mobile.

daTRUballin

Oct 25, 2017
Portland, Oregon
I really like the up and down arrows! Much better than having to scroll all the way up to the top on mobile. I also like how we can now view what threads a member has made separately from what regular posts they've made. Some nice changes!

But I still don't really know how to use spoiler tags. Can someone explain how to use them? That would be really appreciated!

EDIT: Oh wait. Has the spoiler icon been added now? Is it that eye symbol?

Slime

Oct 25, 2017
The only other tiny nitpick I have is that the "e" in the EtcetEra shortcut isn't captalized and it's driving me nuts. :(

GreatestHits

Oct 28, 2017
So... how do you quote.. I clicked quote and nuthin happens. And to the poster above we've had those features for years yo

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So... how do you quote.. I clicked quote and nuthin happens. And to the poster above we've had those features for years yo
You have to push the Insert Quotes button (below your avatar in the reply box) if you do +Quote rather than Reply.

You can just push Reply for the individual post you want to quote. +Quote is for multi-quotes.

Atraveller

Oct 25, 2017
If only the forum selection buttons on mobile were bigger. And faster access to watched threads on mobile.

daTRUballin

Oct 25, 2017
Portland, Oregon

I assume you're referring to me, right? I do know these features were on the old site, and that's exactly why I wanted them back, and here they are! I meant that they're nice changes to ResetEra, not the old site.

I must say I also appreciate the new preview feature. That's something GAF never had.

dyst

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Much cleaner, more streamlined and the arrows to get to the top/bottom of the page are essential.

Vish

Oct 28, 2017
First post! It feels so good to be here! I'm liking the mobile site so far, the recent improvements including the font color have made it better. I just don't like the color of "reset" on the logo.

mattiewheels

Oct 27, 2017
One thing I'd like is a dedicated icon for "go to first unread", instead of it just being the only option when you click a thread.

Not

Oct 25, 2017
US
New reply button at top. That's all I wanted. And wow you can see my whole avatar! Didn't even KNOW I wanted that!

EDIT: And Bottom button at the top of threads THANK YOU MOD JESUS

mattiewheels

Oct 27, 2017
Also, is there a way to auto-follow threads just by posting? I'd really miss that if you have to manually click follow every thread.