• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So how do you make polls in Resetera?
QsYXwwy.png

PantherLotus

Oct 27, 2017
i *hate* that when i press the home button on my keyboard it takes me to the beginning of the [new reply] field instead of the top of the page. i scream every time.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Would it be crazy hard to implement a check that, if you posted twice in a thread in a short time with nobody posting in between, would automerge your posts? It would save me so much time checking whether there are more posts and editing the previous post.

Leguna

Nov 1, 2017
That still doesn't make sense to me (the hangout forums). Isn't the main gaming forum a community forum? Can you please elaborate?

Oct 25, 2017
This is a suggestion to the mod team: The red alerts you guys use is kinda hard to read with the dark theme, maybe change that to just bold and a bigger font?

BitByDeath

User banned at own request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
On mobiles can we have the most recent poster added under the thread title instead of the OP name?

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
being able to keep post counts in threads would help - like how you could click and see how many you have in the thread. that link could also help find specific posts in the thread you made

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a way to be able to select or deselect whether a thread will be watched when posting in the quick reply?

If not.......is that possible? lol.

Waikipedia

Oct 26, 2017
Any plans to redesign how the thread names are displayed in the main page?

Within a single row, you see the thread title + Original poster name + date posted + page links.
When I read these rows, I just want the thread titles.

It just looks way too busy at the moment.

Compsiox

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I want to stop entering a thread only to be sent to the next unread post. Can I stop this somehow?

Nitpicker_Red

Nov 3, 2017
Last edited:

Preezy

User banned at own request
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Snake Mountain
I'm sure that this has already been mentioned previously but worth repeating - why am I still seeing avatars in threads despite clicking the on the "Hide Avatars" option in my profile settings? Not that I don't like to see them, but makes viewing the forum at work a bit more of a challenge.

Overdoziz

Oct 26, 2017
I've been noticing how relatively unpleasant it is to read through the thread pages and looking back at a certain forum I understand why now. I think moving the info about who made the thread and when they did so to the right of the screen would clear up the area with the thread titles a lot. Makes it much easier to read through the list. Not sure if that's been suggested yet, just figured I'd throw it in there.

Auctopus

Self-requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if it's been suggested already but could 'watching threads' be opt in rather than opt out? I don't need to follow every thread that I post in but there's some communities I want to be tracking.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Has it been mentioned that changing 50 posts per page to 100 screws up links to specific posts? As an example, I'm currently on 100ppp and right clicked and selected "Copy Link Location" of the post before this one (#1128). If you're on 100ppp then it'll point to the correct post, if you're on 50ppp it'll point to the wrong post.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-new-forum-requests-suggestions-thread.2423/page-12#post-888077

The problem is the page # in the url. Since 50 vs 100 are on different pages after the first page it screws it up. Clicking on the post number will give a pop-up showing the url without the page # that works but even that changes after you paste it into the address bar and hit enter (or just click on the below link) to once again include the page number.

https://www.resetera.com/posts/888077/

Last edited:

Aphotic

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if this has been suggested, but it would be great if we could allow/designate more than one person to edit an original post. Seems like it would be good for certain OTs where lots of information gets updated over time and one person may not be able to dedicate themselves to keeping an OP updated.

Danj

Oct 26, 2017
Cambridge, UK
Don't know if anyone's already suggested this, or whether it's even possible, but when you're quoting somebody who used italics to emphasise something in their original post, could it be translated in the quote to non-italics? Otherwise the emphasis is lost.

For example:

hP2ypXK.png

Oct 25, 2017
Twitter embeds outright don't load for me on Firefox now, and I checked to make sure Javascript isn't blocked or something.

Pretty please with sugar on top, an option to disable these (or I suppose there may be a way to make a greasemonkey script) would be amazing.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Twitter embeds outright don't load for me on Firefox now, and I checked to make sure Javascript isn't blocked or something.

Pretty please with sugar on top, an option to disable these (or I suppose there may be a way to make a greasemonkey script) would be amazing.
An extension of some description perhaps? Works fine for me (if a little slowly) on Firefox.

Papaya

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
California
Would it be possible to implement a feature where, once you click a post, you can look at all the replies to it? Sometimes people ask questions, or say something, where I want to see the replies to it. It can be a bit of a bother to look for it.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
That still doesn't make sense to me (the hangout forums). Isn't the main gaming forum a community forum? Can you please elaborate?

The hangout section is like where threads go that will be used for months or years at a time. Whereas the main pages are more for threads that may last only a few days or a couple of weeks.

This allows easier finding of long-term threads, like ones dedicated to a particular game that came out years ago. Or on the Etc. side, a particular community dedicated to making a type of art, for instance.

Newly released games and communities can start on the main page to collect interest, and then be moved to the hangouts section later. The line may not be perfectly consistent in every case, but the mods do a good job collectively, and they are doing the Community Spotlight to try to highlight some of the longer term threads that may have not been noticed by people who would WANT to participate if they knew it was there.

Cyan

Oct 25, 2017
Any chance of having clicking on a thread title take you to the OP instead of first unread? It seems redundant with the purple button that does exactly the same thing, and makes more intuitive sense than clicking the date. Or maybe some way to make this a user option?

Oct 25, 2017
Any chance of having clicking on a thread title take you to the OP instead of first unread? It seems redundant with the purple button that does exactly the same thing, and makes more intuitive sense than clicking the date. Or maybe some way to make this a user option?
It's really hard to click the tiny icon on mobile with a phone case, and even on desktop I appreciate that I can click the thread title instead of going for the tiny circle.

An option would make both sides happy, though.

Aphotic

Oct 25, 2017
Would be nice to have access to console icons (like emojis for Xbox, Playstation, Switch, etc) like they have on Cheapassgamer. Particularly useful for formatting sale threads.

cgcg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure that this has already been mentioned previously but worth repeating - why am I still seeing avatars in threads despite clicking the on the "Hide Avatars" option in my profile settings? Not that I don't like to see them, but makes viewing the forum at work a bit more of a challenge.

Yes please fix this mods, thx

EarthBound64

User was permanently banned at own request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Connecticut

Seconded on both of these.

The ability to embed twitch clips

And no thanks on this.
The less "embedded" stuff we have, the better.

Anubis

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So is it conclusive that Chrome and Edge users who can create threads, are unable to create polls?

The thread options feature is not listed under these browsers.

oneils

Oct 25, 2017
Ottawa Canada
Don't know if anyone else has suggested this but I'd love to be able to change font size on mobile. On desktop it's easy enough to zoom in. But I can't seem to do anything like that on mobile. The text is very small. Hope this helps!

LowParry

Oct 26, 2017
I'm sure it's been said many times but the mobile version desperately needs a refresh button at the bottom.

fatty

Oct 27, 2017
any chance we could make the "Click to expand" optional? I've never gone in a thread and not clicked to expand. Just seems weird. Does it save on bandwidth or something?

I really like it, because like on NeoGAF something that was really common was people quoting entire massive essays of posts (instead of say, just truncating the contents of the post themselves. Like, some people did it, but it was way too common to just leave the entire quote as is), just to have a one line reply of "So true!" or "/thread" or "Agreed" or "so much this", etc, which made going through those threads and scrolling through everything really annoying, really quickly, especially on mobile. "Click to expand" avoids that being an issue to begin with. Of course, it creates different problems, but I much prefer this to dealing with the way things were on NeoGAF, myself.

I think in the OP it gets a little annoying to always have to hit "click to expand" to read the whole article. Maybe if you are quoting a specific person then have the "click to expand" displayed since the full quotes have already been displayed in the thread?

Civilstrife

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a way to have light theme on desktop and dark theme on mobile without having to switch it manually each time?

Piecake

Oct 27, 2017
I really really really want the Quote system to change.

First off, I like how Resetera is handling quotes when you reply to another person. That is fine. I like that.

However, it is absolutely AWFUL when you are trying to quote an article to discuss. I don't see any quick quote feature on the upper option bar so I have to type [ quote] [ /quote] constantly which is annoying. And then I have to do that like a billion times because every line besides like the top 6 becomes hidden.

So yea, my suggestion is to keep the quote system the same for replying to posts, but ADD a quote button on the upper bar that doesn't reduce text.

Status
Not open for further replies.