• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Very interesting
According to Cory Barlog, they first started discussing the idea of a new God of War game in the same year when Ascension was released. The development team was equally divided in picking the mythology for the new God of War. Half of them wanted to go with Norse myth while the other half wanted to tackle Egyptian myth. Cory was the tie-breaker here and he picked Norse myth for his vision of God of War.
https://gearnuke.com/god-of-war-egypt-myth-vs-norse-myth-concept-art/
god-of-war-egypt-myth-closeup-1024x555.png

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't surprise me if we go to egypt at some point since
Egyptian Gods are referenced in the vault level.

~Fake

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well thats could be amazing. Egypt gods always caght my attention. Hope they don't give up the ideia.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
It's hard to imagine a time when the currently trilogy is already over, but when that time comes I can definitely see them going to Egypt.

But what I really want to see is a game set in the fourth country they teased in GoW4. That is,
Japan

Mondy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's already been hinted at that the future of the franchise after Norse is wrapped up is Egypt and Japan.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Egyptian gods would make for some dope boss battles.

Can't wait to take them on as Atreus in God of War 7!

base_two

Oct 27, 2017
Egypt would have been better a better choice to get a clean break from the eurocentric underpinnings of the franchise and bold for a reboot. But the game turned out fine either way.

Olaf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I always think about the pharaohs as the most powerful figures of ancient Egypt, but Kratos could snap any mortal pharaoh in half. They are just humans. Would they make the pharaohs superhuman?

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
I really hope Kratos' story ends with this trilogy. I'd rather have a new IP for Egypt / Japan.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 15538

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Still have to play it but Egypt always wins, don't care about AC at all lol so I'm still waiting.
Haven't played anything since Pharaoh by SIERRA. :(

~Fake

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I always think about the pharaohs as the most powerful figures of ancient Egypt, but Kratos could snap any mortal pharaoh in half. They are just humans. Would they make the pharaohs superhuman?
Unless you forget the Egypt gods and myth like Scorpion King. The Mummy 2 movie give us a pretty good ideia.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Wonder how much this would have changed the game and it's mechanics. Is there anything like realm traveling in the egyptian mythology?

Andromeda

Oct 27, 2017
Great choice. And after that Norse trilogy, I'd prefer the mayan trilogy instead of Egyptian.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If the series continue on with Atreus, he could probably shapeshift to black protagonist. Not sure if that will be problematic or not, though...
That would be super problematic.

They could do it like this trilogy where they have adult Atreus taking his Egyptian child on some quest... but that would probably be too similar to this last game.

How and why? Besides, GoW without Kratos its like Legend of Zelda without Link.
Nah.

Did you play the latest game? It's pretty obvious that Kratos isn't gonna be around forever. Atreus is being introduced for a reason.

I mean there is literally a prophecy painted on the wall that shows Kratos dying.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Considering Gajin Goomba's video. I want to see a GOW Game set in the United Kingdom with Celtic Mythology

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Egypt have been done before in games and movies, glad they went with Norse, I don't know much about it before the game.

~Fake

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That would be super problematic.
Nah.

Did you play the latest game? It's pretty obvious that Kratos isn't gonna be around forever. Atreus is being introduced for a reason.

I mean there is literally a prophecy painted on the wall that shows Kratos dying.
Yeap, but they can keep puting Kratos no matter what. Did you played GoW3? So, people sayed the same think about the fate of Kratos but here we are.