- Dec 28, 2017
So the new NFS reveal is set for tomorrow, but if you use a thumbnail grabber on the yet-to-be-live reveal trailer, it gives us these three images.
Going by that title, it seems that this previously reported on leak putting the game in a Miami setting seems somewhat credible.
If you can't watch the vid, I'll summarise it below
- Darker, more serious story
- Ghost Games will use this game as a base for ALL Need for Speed games going forward
- Game is a fusion of NFS 2015 + NFS Rivals
- Not always online, can be paused
- Brake to drift is returning but has been fixed and modified to make it responsive
- Levelling up unlocks parts like NFS 2015
- Speed Cards are completely removed
- Off-road is gone
- Graphics look better than Payback and is on par with 2015. You've got water on the road, reflections, that kind of thing
- No Day/Night cycle. Time of day is dictated by which races you get into
- Rain is confirmed
- Classic NFS-style cop chases are back and are in free roam. They have heat levels, helicopters are returning to free-roam chases and there's no speedbreakers.
- Damage bars and petrol stations are returning from Rivals
- Pro Street Legal Races will be around
- Speed list assignments are returning from Rivals for a more non-linear experience
- The appearance of nitrous is a mix between the effect in NFS Rivals and the effect in NFS 2015
- Heat level has an 80s flair to it (??)