• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
iwwwtpxszk4c.jpg

So the new NFS reveal is set for tomorrow, but if you use a thumbnail grabber on the yet-to-be-live reveal trailer, it gives us these three images.

UN6i2Sf.jpg

eFsWsTc.jpg

JsddLnw.jpg

Going by that title, it seems that this previously reported on leak putting the game in a Miami setting seems somewhat credible.

If you can't watch the vid, I'll summarise it below

• Open-world
  • Darker, more serious story
  • Ghost Games will use this game as a base for ALL Need for Speed games going forward
  • Game is a fusion of NFS 2015 + NFS Rivals
  • Not always online, can be paused
  • Brake to drift is returning but has been fixed and modified to make it responsive
  • Levelling up unlocks parts like NFS 2015
  • Speed Cards are completely removed
  • Off-road is gone
  • Graphics look better than Payback and is on par with 2015. You've got water on the road, reflections, that kind of thing
  • No Day/Night cycle. Time of day is dictated by which races you get into
  • Rain is confirmed
  • Classic NFS-style cop chases are back and are in free roam. They have heat levels, helicopters are returning to free-roam chases and there's no speedbreakers.
  • Damage bars and petrol stations are returning from Rivals
  • Pro Street Legal Races will be around
  • Speed list assignments are returning from Rivals for a more non-linear experience
  • The appearance of nitrous is a mix between the effect in NFS Rivals and the effect in NFS 2015
  • Heat level has an 80s flair to it (??)

Last edited:

Deleted member 4372

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Will not buy without playing a demo. NFS gameplay based on the past few releases isn't exactly compelling much less worthy of a full-price purchase.

GlowingBovine

Prophet of Truth
Nov 27, 2017
That second picture has me worried the game is going to be a cinematic character focused game like the last few...

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So everyone correctly guessed the name a month ago. Now let's hope all this unveiling drama is because they have something special planned.

Nightfall

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
So it has cutscenes. Yay... not.
I want a real NFS like the first few. With proper gameplay. The last few titles handled so badly that I couldn't play any of them for more than a few minutes. It doesn't feel like you're driving a car. It is an object that gets shoved forward and when you turn it just kind of wobbles to a side on an invisible middle axis.

higemaru

Nov 30, 2017
I really love seeing big budget racing games even if I never get around to playing them but it is disheartening to see that "you can pause" is something that has to be mentioned.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A serious story in a racing game, rofl.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why not? I liked UG2, MW and Carbon. It gives a better sense of progression than pointless points like in Forza Horizon or arcade NFS.
I'm just saying. Oftentimes, when someone feels the need to stress that their game has a serious, dark, mature story, it ends up being edgy more often than not.

dgrdsv

Oct 25, 2017
All of these bulletpoints are a meh from me. They keep remixing the old games thinking that this will somehow produce a good new one.

Techno

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I really enjoyed Need for Speed 2015 - other than the part where you would fall through the fucking road for going too fast, so I hope it's a bit like that one.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Everything in the summary sounds good to me, I'll probably still wait for a price drop unless we get amazing reviews from long time fans but I'm definitely ready to enjoy a new NFS. The last one I enjoyed was Rivals. I've never minded a story as long as it's a good one.

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
I mean, this sounds good, even if I don't understand what makes Rivals stand out?
Always seemed like a rehash of Hot Pursuit 2010 to me.
But then this doesn't say anything about weir dstory mssions were you steal cars, the focus should be on racing and that whole action movie thing just shouldn't be as prevalent or atleast not as scripted , but more dynamic.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
That logo had me hoping it would be take place in the 80s.
That would be refreshing.

Not a chance though I guess

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
In my experience, dark and serious stories usually means a dead child or parental figure in the first ten minutes.

Cheap, unearned emotional payoff for the win.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
I like the sound of the leaks but I just don't like the way that the newer Need For Speed games have handled. I miss Underground and Hot Pursuit 2. The cars in modern Need For Speed games just feel like boats or something. They lack the responsiveness of the best PS2-era games which were immediately satisfying to play, no tinkering required. And that's just one of the many issues surrounding the series these days. I hope this is the one to turn things around but I won't be holding my breath. It would be awesome to have a great racing game come out because I feel like those are sorely lacking these days.

benzy

Oct 25, 2017
This game needs to have a cockpit view. It's weird none of the modern NFS's have it.