• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds interesting enough and ProStreet style races caught me too. I hope this is actually decent enough, 2015 and Payback seemed underwhelming.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
speed cards being removed though are the greatest thing in the world

fuck rivals and that stupid system. I went back to 2015 because rivals was insufferable

RedshirtRig

Nov 14, 2017
Need for Speed: Heat?
Sounds like the most epic case of blue balls ever.
"Must go faster. MUST GO FASTER! NEED TO SCREW!!!!"

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
Everything sounds good except the story. It's a racing game for fuck sake.

Oh yeah and the no day/night cycle bullshit. Hasn't it been in all of the previous games?

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Was the realistic looking one 2015? I remember how that game really lacked a sense of speed and that's bad, real bad. I didn't play enough of Payback, how was the sense of speed there?

JED BARTLETT

Oct 27, 2017
Belfast
The mixture of rubber banding and Microtransactions in the last game was an absolute bummer.
Can't see this one being any different, it's a no from me.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
The story thing is still a big why?

Then again, the fans want a story but I'm like, just give me Most Wanted 2005/Carbon vibes, the last time we did a DARK story, we got Undercover and that was awkward.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A darker need for speed? Lol.

I swear to god I'll be pissed if they give every car nitrous right off the bat, it's annoyed me a lot in recent games that they just automatically apply it to every car.

Dr. Doom

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Underground 1 and 2 were the only two NFS games I seriously enjoyed.

No one has ever asked for this gritty cinematic story driven bullshit in a racing game. Yet for some reason, EA seems to do this every goddamn year with their NFS games.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds like they're going back to 2005 with modern graphics. What are speedbreakers again?

Oneself

#TeamThierry
Oct 26, 2017
Montréal, Québec, Canada
I love ERA classic shitpostings when the games are not out yet, but: "aNoThEr GhOsT gAmEs DiSaStEr"
Well, I had a fair amount of hope that Ghost would try another shot at restarting their take on the series. But reading how it's probably an open world, mostly at night with rainy streets and a darker more mature story (like what, Fast & The Furious 1-2 inspired cars and characters?) and judging by the shots leaked... It looks like the same thing to me.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
If the game turns out to be a loot box shit fest like the last one and/or as mediocre as the first NFS game released at the start of the current gen, it's going to be an easy pass for me.

Feb 8, 2018
Open-world nfs needs to die already.

I'd say up until last-gen Open world racers were kind of revolutionary and cool in a way but now, it's just getting old if there is nothing special about it.
Their map may end up being decent but the difference between designing specific tracks around multiple enviroments and having one world where everything must fit together is huge. There are few things that sound good in this leak but not enough to raise my interest.

Last edited:

MZZ

Nov 2, 2017
Rivals was really good. The non existent story is awful though, I hate the guy narrating it. The brutal cop chases was amazing. It felt like a sequel to Hot Pursuit 2010 but inferior in a way I can't place my finger on why.

NFS 2015 was almost good. The handling really killed it. The cop chases were a joke compared to rivals. The overall feel was almost there.

Looking forward to this. Glad they're moving away from Payback. Payback had potential in its opening hours but dropped really hard once you get to know the world.

Hoping for sick ass FMVs on this. If this is NFS 2015 done right with the influence of Hot Pursuit 2010. Dude I hope they nail it this time.

Sorry Most Wanted Fans, maybe next game?

Neilg

Nov 16, 2017
If it's a somewhat accurate miami - so i can drive from home to the office, i'm in. i'm a sucker for games being set where I live.

Looking forward to being first in a race then making a wrong turn at this junction and losing.

JTBxYXa.png

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, not talking specifically about NFS cause I don't think they will deliver, but if done right why not?
My issue is that there's not much reason to believe they can pull it off. The Run was their best attempt (and that was pretty cheese), but the studio that made that shuttered

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Sounds like more Ghost Games crap yet again. They have yet to make a good game and I just don't have any faith that will change.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
My issue is that there's not much reason to believe they can pull it off. The Run was their best attempt (and that was pretty cheese), but the studio that made that shuttered
Hearing how BlackBox closed because they were given 2 years to do the game but Frostbite was just a pain in the ass. Also the sales weren't up to par so yeah. Same thing with Criterion even though that game was good, fans whined it wasn't Most Wanted 2005 and just ugh.

I always wanted Prostreet 2, that shit was good but EA hated the game allegedly.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I honestly forgot a new NFS was coming until I saw this thread. Probably shows how much this franchise means to me these days. These bullet points don't exactly give me confidence.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
"
  • Open-world
  • Darker, more serious story"

CloudyGraciousArmyant-size_restricted.gif

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It can be so dark and edgy that it becomes funny. Who knows. The writer for Most Wanted (2005) probably thought they were writing a serious story.

I hope in many ways they go for dark and serious in attempt to mimic the utter enjoyable foolery that was most wanted 05's story. It would be even better if all of the cutscenes were fmv on green screens like that one

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds about what I wanted, hopefully it's good. Rivals was okay, nothing since was interesting enough for me since.