• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GTAce

Oct 27, 2017
Bonn, Germany
Darker, more serious story
Game is a fusion of NFS 2015 + NFS Rivals
Brake to drift is returning but has been fixed and modified to make it responsive
Levelling up unlocks parts like NFS 2015
No Day/Night cycle. Time of day is dictated by which races you get into
The appearance of nitrous is a mix between the effect in NFS Rivals and the effect in NFS 2015
Noooope.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Leaked art from EA's forum

iwwwtpxszk4c.jpg

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
That doesn't sound very promising but who knows! If the driving model is fun like in the Hot Pursuit reboot I'll give it a shot.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
rivals was the last 'good' NFS game, and it was already just a very poor clone of Hot Pursuit 2010....

Infact, that's just what i want, a remaster of hot pursuit 2010 at 4K 60 with all DLC

its a shame that the need for speed series has been on the backfoot this whole gen. rivals was a launch title in 20 friggen 13

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
Story and open world, I'm out. Time to delete AGAIN my NFS Hot Pursuit 2010 save file and start fresh !

rivals was the last 'good' NFS game, and it was already just a very poor clone of Hot Pursuit 2010....

Infact, that's just what i want, a remaster of hot pursuit 2010 at 4K 60 with all DLC
Or this, yes ! And keep the custom playlist feature, it made the game special for me !

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry EA, but after Forza Horizon 4 being pretty much everything I need in a racing game combined with your shitty track record of micro-transactions, I'm gonna give this a hard pass.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
I really want this to be good but Ghost is 0-3 and EA hasn't published anything in a while

Poimandres

Oct 26, 2017
Doesn't sound inspiring. I just want a track based arcade racer. EA had a great racing developer in Criterion but... You know...

Deleted member 36086

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 13, 2017
If the game turns out to be a loot box shit fest like the last one and/or as mediocre as the first NFS game released at the start of the current gen, it's going to be an easy pass for me.

Lootboxes had ZERO impact on NFS. You could get crappy cosmetics (yay neon underglow) or shit that you get from just playing the game. I never bought a single loot box and I'm the type of person that likes to buy loot boxes.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
People saying a more serious story is bad when Black Box tried their hardest to make a serious story on Most Wanted and Carbon, and those are still the best games on the franchise.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
Asked this a while back and got told that nothing is worth the time, even "free", but I have several NFS thanks to Origin Access, is there one worth playing? I'm no big on racing games, but sometimes I want to dig one

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Was desperately hoping for hot pursuit 4 :(

I just think the series should move on to another developer. GG has done interesting stuff but ultimately have failed to make a really great NFS game now for this entire generation. And that sucks

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Asked this a while back and got told that nothing is worth the time, even "free", but I have several NFS thanks to Origin Access, is there one worth playing? I'm no big on racing games, but sometimes I want to dig one

Try Need for Speed (2015). It's pretty accessible and fun to play.

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
The only racing game that had a Story that actually mattered was Jak X Combat Racing. It picked up from the end of Jak 3 and actually gave a unique twist to racing. Certain game mechanics actually got altered based on story events (i.e. there's a few races where someone messes with Jak's car and you can't use weapons for that set of races, but everyone else can).

Need for Speed + Story = Fast and Furious i guess.

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
Please be like Most Wanted on PS2. Been dying to play an edgy street racing game with sick decals and shit.

I tried Rivals but the lack of customization and online stuff made me put it down after an hour.

FuturaBold

Oct 27, 2017
If the next NFS is a mix of Rivals and 2015 that's okay with me. I really enjoyed Rivals. Also with NFS running on an updated Frostbite w/ HDR at the very least it should be a feast for the eyes.

arkay

Nov 8, 2017
If the next NFS is a mix of Rivals and 2015 that's okay with me. I really enjoyed Rivals. Also with NFS running on an updated Frostbite w/ HDR at the very least it should be a feast for the eyes.

This. The neon aesthetic/lights could look amazing with HDR. If EA learned not to have another Payback, I'll be optimistic about this one.

And I don't have a problem with a darker, more serious tone. I mean it's a racing game, the worst thing that can happen is your best friend is killed and you have to avenge them with a race against the villain... hardly anything to get worked up about.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just remembered, Khyzyl Saleem works for Ghost Games. why they don't make a game based on his style. they can still have the real cars but there'd be a very distinct visual style. especially if they made the world fit around the cars

khyzyl-saleem-zlow.jpg

khyzyl-saleem-shakotan-mustang3.jpg

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Please tell me there's a legitimate manual transmission control scheme. The abomination patched into 2015 was nonsensical rubbish.

The lack of online restrictions is enough to make me actually consider this game, though.

Carian Knight

Oct 27, 2017
Turkey
NFS 2015 is a gem, instead of building on top of that they went with creating a poor man's Forza Horizon with the worst car upgrade mechanic that has ever been created in a AAA racing game; Speed Cards. I hated that so much I dropped the game even though I relatively enjoyed other aspects of the game.

If you can forgive the shallow open world and the lame story of NFS 2015 at its core it still has one of the most beautiful atmosphere and graphics.

Darker, more serious story
Not always online, can be paused
Levelling up unlocks parts like NFS 2015
Speed Cards are completely removed

I'm in.

EeK9X

Jan 31, 2019
  • Open-world
  • Game is a fusion of NFS 2015 + NFS Rivals
  • Not always online, can be paused
  • Rain is confirmed
  • Classic NFS-style cop chases are back and are in free roam.
  • Damage bars and petrol stations are returning from Rivals

happy.jpg

• Darker, more serious story
  • No Day/Night cycle. Time of day is dictated by which races you get into

sad.jpg

NFS doesn't need a story, and I love me some good day/night cycle (there was even a mod that "unlocked" it in the 2015 reboot).

Everything else is good news, though. Rivals is great, and Ghost Games used to have some top talent there, hopefully they'll be able to pull it off.

Also, '80s Miami neon vaporwave aesthetic is amazing for a racing game.

bulletyen

Nov 12, 2017
Leaked art from EA's forum

iwwwtpxszk4c.jpg
Jeez that is wild. Too bad the game will look nothing like this.
Doesn't sound inspiring. I just want a track based arcade racer. EA had a great racing developer in Criterion but... You know...
It just sucks because I'm off the belief that it doesn't have to be mutually exclusive. An open world racer could have closed circuits walled off (like HP2010), even better if there is the option to allow a track to be walled or open (so those who want to take their own route could do it, AI follows the same rules you do), and careful attention should be paid to the walled off tracks so they're varied and fun to drive.

The other thing is the choice to just jump from race to race in a menu if you want instead of need to drive there, but for those who want to drive their they also can. Basically a game that can be open world for those that want it but completely track based and closed circuit for others who want that.

I just remembered, Khyzyl Saleem works for Ghost Games. why they don't make a game based on his style. they can still have the real cars but there'd be a very distinct visual style. especially if they made the world fit around the cars

khyzyl-saleem-zlow.jpg

khyzyl-saleem-shakotan-mustang3.jpg

2015 is kinda that game isn't it? It certain has his visual style, even if it's not based in Japan and doesn't allow customization as insane as these screenshots.

Hooks

Oct 27, 2017
Man this franchised has been completely mismanaged for the last 10+ years lol. I hope it can make a return to form

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
2015 is kinda that game isn't it? It certain has his visual style, even if it's not based in Japan and doesn't allow customization as insane as these screenshots.
it does have his aesthetic, but I want them to go harder. I kinda feel like they're inbetween a rock and a hard place with so many other games dunking on them and their last couple of outings having missed the mark. pushing towards that grungy, almost cyberpunk aesthetic of Khyzyl Saleem's art would allow them to establish a very unique visual flare. as we can see from Saleem's art, they can straddle the edge of stock vehicle look and something fantastical in it's kitting

at the very least, people won't immediately compare it to Forza Horizon or Fast and the Furious, while simultaneously keeping the trappings of the previous games