• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SweetSark

Banned
Nov 29, 2017
I see two games coming, so yes, there's no bullshit.
No one cares if you don't like these games, but yes, they are making games
gWB066T.png

I think I saw the second game before, but never knew it was from Valve.
I am very glad they decided to explore these kind of games as well.

Madjoki

Oct 25, 2017

Hooks

Oct 27, 2017
From the video in the background I saw this:

Top Corner you see TTK Bank. I researched that and it comes up as a bank which is from Macedonia. Isn't macedonia East European?

And is Half Life 2 set in eastern europe? Just pure speculation and pure coincidental for sure but its interesting seeing that
That's from De_Overpass a Counter-Strike: Global Offensive map

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
I do think the makeup of the new site is rather bizarre. The visuals are all very industrial, not what you expect from a game industry website. It looks like the website for a steel company.

eseqko

Oct 27, 2017
So many positions open. It's looks like they are rebooting the games division. Let's be real, even though people are joking, there is truth to Valve not focusing on games as much as in the 00's, maybe if they had a healthy games division, we'd think they were gearing up for a bunch of games instead of 1, possibly 2 games in the next 3 years. I still want to believe that if they can get the right people on board, those two games will be fantastic.

ApexNorth

Oct 27, 2017
Speaking of Valve, wasn't there supposed to Steam overhaul? I remember seeing the rumor over a year ago now.

Wowfunhappy

Oct 27, 2017
Which publishers have left steam?
Cos I can't think of a single one sans EA

Ubisoft's games are technically on Steam, but they're basically just a shortcut to open the game's in Ubisoft's launcher. Rockstar is a similar situation IIRC.

There were rumors of Bethesda moving in a similar direction.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
Epic, and Activision is rumored to not release CoD.

Activsion just announced a new steamgame like two months ago (Crash Bandicoot) and the leak has been debunked as fake.
Epic Games has never actually released a game on steam to begin with, with the only exception being Bulletstorm, which was published by EA at the time.

HyGogg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Valve definitely makes games. Tons of them. They just don't finish them, release them, or discuss them with the public.

Oh, what I would give to see all the abandoned prototypes in their vault.