• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

PelvisParsley

Jan 25, 2019
Might not be the right thread for this but:

I've long felt that it might be time to stop supporting the NYT with my subscription, despite the fact that their non-opinion pieces do have some quality journalism. Is there any decent primary newspaper/news source nowadays?

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Might not be the right thread for this but:

I've long felt that it might be time to stop supporting the NYT with my subscription, despite the fact that their non-opinion pieces do have some quality journalism. Is there any decent primary newspaper/news source nowadays?
Look into your local paper, or just use anonymous browser to read NYT without a subscription.

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
WHeuvAT.png
Holy shit!

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Two last thoughts:

1. Warren got done so dirty by this decision. She won the vote, but then they changed it to "top 2". And then they let some racist write the actual article, which is super critical of her to the point where you wouldn't expect an endorsement from it alone.

2. Ironically the only person who comes out of this looking good is Bernie. Not only does this whole thing undermine the NYT's, which is pretty strongly anti-Bernie, own credibility, but it also give Sanders a perfect campaign ad.

what a weird fuck up

LBsquared

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 22, 2019
How does Amy continue to skate on the abuse claims against her? Is it because no one actually takes her candidacy seriously?

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
They get that the point of an endorsement is to make a decision, yeah?
How does Amy continue to skate on the abuse claims against her? Is it because no one actually takes her candidacy seriously?
That's part of it. Another part is that it's "old news," sadly. If everybody knows about it there's less interest.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The look on everyone's face...lmao wow.

The Twitter replies seem to have missed the part where he says

1. I don't tolerate bullshit
2. I don't call people to wish them happy birthday for political capital
3. Except I do and it works I don't know why
4. I do sorta know why obviously

This was the most Bernie take on a Biden style gaffe ever

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I'd completely forgotten about that. Between the massive amount of other actual scandals, and fake scandals, there's a lot that slips through the cracks. (Some probably intentionally, other things not).

Cromat

Mar 17, 2019
Is there a single person on this planet who thinks this double endorsement was a good idea? The whole point of endorsement is to pick a freaking candidate, after all is said and done.

I'm fascinated by how allegedly smart people can present something so stupid to the world, especially after repeatedly hyping their own endorsement.

shamanick

Oct 29, 2017
I get why the media is obsessed with Klob but it blows my mind to be so arrogant to look at her national polling average and say "this is the one for America"

Ziltoidia 9

Oct 25, 2017
I've never seen a more boring, un-inspired candidate at like 5% in the polls get as much time on the debate stage, praise in the media, etc than Klobuchar has.

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Twitter replies seem to have missed the part where he says

1. I don't tolerate bullshit
2. I don't call people to wish them happy birthday for political capital
3. Except I do and it works I don't know why
4. I do sorta know why obviously

This was the most Bernie take on a Biden style gaffe ever
he said he knows it works and he's tried it before (he's been around a while) but he doesn't do it anymore because it's not his style

Bernie wouldn't tolerate this post tbh