• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
Them endorsing two women with wildly different policy ideas doesn't indicate to me that they're serious, more like "let's try to appease progressives, moderates and also appear like we're helping advance women's rights to fix the deteriorating reputation of our publication!"

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017
Sanders is leading or within the margin of error in Iowa and he gets the same votes as the angry short billionaire who hates soda and is literally just attempting to nakedly buy the presidency.

describing this as out of touch with reality under sells it

It's all meaningless, but I think we can agree that Iowa and the NYT editorial board are different demos....

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Let's elect both of them, then have them fight in a cage match to decide who gets to be the real president.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's all meaningless, but I think we can agree that Iowa and the NYT editorial board are different demos....
Their literal job as pundits is supposed to be in predicting and assessing these things. All this shows is that ththeththeyre making more money than most people to be so out of touch they've lost base withreality. If they cant even function at their primary purpose then what is the intent other than bourgeois cosmopolitans patting themselves on the backs and writing articles telling other bourgeois cosmopolitans that they're just oh so smart Nd above it all.

Its absurd, that these people are considered our intslligencia is nuts

Oct 27, 2017
"We nominate Klobuchar, but hey all you damn progressives that will never vote for her, please, please, pleeeaaase don't vote for Sanders."

Deleted member 38573

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 17, 2018
The disparity between the no. of votes Liz got compared to Bernie is ridiculous.

Makes you wonder how serious they are taking her progressive rhetoric

Last edited:

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017
Real shitty of them to endorse 2 people, it completely diminishes the endorsement.

I guess on the bright side at least Biden didn't win it.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
Real shitty of them to endorse 2 people, it completely diminishes the endorsement.

I guess on the bright side at least Biden didn't win it.

I'm surprised how badly Biden did with them. You would have thought he could have said he had the most experience and could beat Trump and more than three of them would have given him a chance.

bricewgilbert

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
WA, USA
Real ballsy move would have been to endorse both Warren and Bernie to unite the progressive faction.

It wouldn't have united anything. For people who pay attention to such endorsements (which isn't a lot) that ship sailed last week with the "women can't win the presidency" slander. If uniting was supposed to mean anything it would have been to attack Biden on his record these past few weeks at the perfect moment and Warren isn't doing it. Bernie supporters wouldn't then go over to Warren or Biden etc at this point so the smart move would be to just endorse/vote Bernie. Especially if your primary goal is to defeat Trump no matter what.

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
It wouldn't have united anything. For people who pay attention to such endorsements (which isn't a lot) that ship sailed last week with the "women can't win the presidency" slander. If uniting was supposed to mean anything it would have been to attack Biden on his record these past few weeks at the perfect moment and Warren isn't doing it. Bernie supporters wouldn't then go over to Warren or Biden etc at this point so the smart move would be to just endorse/vote Bernie. Especially if your primary goal is to defeat Trump no matter what.

"Slander" lol

harry the spy

Oct 25, 2017
Their literal job as pundits is supposed to be in predicting and assessing these things. All this shows is that ththeththeyre making more money than most people to be so out of touch they've lost base withreality. If they cant even function at their primary purpose then what is the intent other than bourgeois cosmopolitans patting themselves on the backs and writing articles telling other bourgeois cosmopolitans that they're just oh so smart Nd above it all.

Its absurd, that these people are considered our intslligencia is nuts
They are not predicting, they are declaring who they think is most fit to lead the nation - regardless of support.

Dec 31, 2017

I don't think "Bernie supporters" wouldn't go over to biden or warren. Maybe you're talking about the twitterverse, but that does not reflect reality, as vocal as it can be.

Polling shows that there is a significant portion of both Warren and Bernie supporters that would vote for the other.

Snowy

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
That vote tally is astonishingly embarrassing and makes me want to give them swirlies in that gross toilet from Trainspotting.

bricewgilbert

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
WA, USA
I don't think "Bernie supporters" wouldn't go over to biden or warren. Maybe you're talking about the twitterverse, but that does not reflect reality, as vocal as it can be.

Polling shows that there is a significant portion of both Warren and Bernie supporters that would vote for the other.

I don't know. Maybe it just just Twitter, but I think a lot would stay home. I wouldn't want to be wrong in that scenario, so probably a safer bet that everyone just make sure Bernie is the nominee. Better calculus to do that.

mescalineeyes

Banned
May 12, 2018
Vienna
I guess the point they were making that over time Warren has softened almost every progressive stance she's had, calling into question the NYT's progressiveness over her support is not unfounded, especially if she's placed next to Amy goddamn Klobuchar.

Window

Oct 27, 2017
These two seem like the most accomplished candidates to me in terms of bills they've gotten through at the highest legislative level in the US. Depending on your political leaning you may choose one or the other.

This thread is unreadable.

3bdelilah

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
We've had one endorsement, yes. But what about a second endorsement?

M.Bluth

Oct 25, 2017
My god, even when you expect the NYT to fuck up their pick (honestly I expected Buttigieg), they go and blow you away with their endless incompetence.
Pick one you spineless, Nazi-enabling hacks!

Lots of outrage here given the NYT just endorsed two women, one of them being a progressive, and Biden not even making it on the long list. It's pathetic.
I'm not sure if serious, because this trash reads like when the alt-right attempts to parody the left.

The nyt is not going to support someone who will change the status quo
The funny thing is, I fully expect the NYT to spend all of their time and energy undermining a Warren presidency.
Expect endless "How she gunna pay for [insert program]" articles coupled with disapproving OPeds over deescalated warmongering. And let's not mention whatever "but her emails" bullshit scandal they'll help manufacture and amplify.