• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Pix

Oct 25, 2017
I thought this needed it's own thread cause this is kind of important for those that do still want this game on PS4. So upon reinstalling the game I discovered the original file size of the game has been compressed in half. Previously it was 67.48GB but now it's 36.24GB. I don't know why Activision/Toys for Bob didn't address this issue sooner cause the Xbox One apparently didn't have this but hey it's better late than never.

BbKQWkf.png

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
Better late than never. Smaller file sizes are always something to be celebrated in this era of bloated installs and woefully-inadequate base storage. I'm still rocking a 500GB launch PS4 over here, lol.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
no compression is that good without long loading times i call bullshit. they probably just deleted junk files

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like they're working towards that 16GB Switch cartridge come this fall /s

pixelation

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It pays to wait with these games, the Crash Bandicoot collection also received a patch that fixed a LOT of things. I haven't played the Spyro collection, I guess the time is now.

Oct 29, 2017
So much for people claiming that they did the best they could do with compression before...

File sizes are so bloated in most AAA games because most developers don't give a shit about compressing data anymore. This shows what developers can do when they actually take the time to do this (and no doubt this will be improved further still when the inevitable Switch version lands).

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
More developers should do this. I hate deciding on whether or not I should keep 50 gig games on my HDD :/

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
So much for people claiming that they did the best they could do with compression before...

File sizes are so bloated in most AAA games because most developers don't give a shit about compressing data anymore. This shows what developers can do when they actually take the time to do this (and no doubt this will be improved further still when the inevitable Switch version lands).

Nope, this is probably it. Only the first game would be put on the cartridge, and 36/3 = 12, which is within the 16 GB limit.

Oct 25, 2017
Well that makes my pressing need to finish off the last few bits and pieces of 2 & 3 so I can delete it and get some space back slightly less pressing. I knew I shouldn't have left all the flying levels until the end.

JustinBB7

Nov 16, 2017
They also finally fixed some progression bugs. Shame I just restarted the game to beat it when it happened to me. Oh well at least a game breaking bug is fixed for new people finally. Only took them like half a year.

Wetalo

Feb 9, 2018
Oh wow! This is amazing!

I wonder if future PS4 prints will include all three games on disc now. I'd legit be tempted to double - dip if that were the case.

(And it would be the first time I rebuy a game just to have a further patched version... Such an odd scenario.)

ChoklitCow

Oct 27, 2017
Muncie, IN
Was there something new discovered in the industry or something recently? Sea of Thieves did a complete reinstall which shrunk sizes, Rainbow Six Siege shrunk sizes, and now this. I'm sure there may be others as well. Siege and SoT talked about how it will assist them making patches easier and more timely as well so I wondered if a new tech has been unleashed on the dev world.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
More reason not to buy games at launch....not just because of patches but also price drops and flash sales

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Man, I'm like 2 stages away from finishing the trilogy haha. Better late than never.

Undrey

Oct 29, 2017
Ok now can you please issue a new pressing of the discs where all the games are on the disc?

MZZ

Nov 2, 2017
One of the rare games that gave me a literal headache.

Live the game but man it made me sick af. Hope that motion blur option fixes it.

Do I have to reinstall to get it compressed?

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
43.8 GB on Xbox One X, I don't remember the initial size.
My Xbox say it was updated today.

EDIT : no HDR.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
They also added subtitles!

Now please add checkpoints to Spyro 1 last missions

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Oh hey, they finally fixed the lost fleet bug, way too late for my copy but at least they finally got around to it a cool 4 months later, I wager some poor kids were out there very confused as to why they couldn't actually progress in Spyro 3.