• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
latest

Confirmed at the end of Ryu vs Jin. The next DEATH BATTLE is between the lone animated samurai - Afro Samurai from the Doujinshi as well as Anime and Samurai Jack from the critically acclaimed cartoon series.

Also - in the Ryu vs Jin Commentary they confirmed that it's not going to be 2D Sprite Based on 3D Animation. Rather Luis Cruz aka CVAnimation is going to be making the fight - entirely hand drawn likely in the style of the series.

What do you think of the matchup and who do you think is going to win?

OP
OP
TheGamingNewsGuy

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Not sure if i should mention this feat for Afro Samurai but there was this time Afro did the dirty with a female assassin so hard that she just couldn't kill him because she was well "exicted". No i am not kidding.

Also don't underestimate Jack, he is an absolute badass in his own right

Cap G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Jack's feats are ridiculous. The sword's magic makes him well beyond superhuman in terms of agility and (especially) durability, and his sword would just slice through Afro's. The magic too stronk.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jack is pretty damn ridiculous. He was raised from a child under the tutelage of the greatest warriors, thieves and thinkers of the world to be the ultimate force to defeat Aku and just about anything else in his path. Then he travels to the future and is fighting monsters, aliens, demons, robots and all manner of enemy. That and his sword forged with the help of the Gods themselves.

OP
OP
TheGamingNewsGuy

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I am really looking foward to seeing what Luis does with the animation since it's going to be entirely hand drawn

yap

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'll have to rewatch Afro, but from what I remember back in the day his feats won't touch Jack's. His magic-ass katana alone is gonna make Afro struggle.

Goodstyle

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Can't forgive Jack. Samurai Jack's final season sucked because it failed to honour Aku as a character. Just completely dropped the ball with him and rushed it so badly with that weak finale.

OP
OP
TheGamingNewsGuy

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I'll have to rewatch Afro, but from what I remember back in the day his feats won't touch Jack's. His magic-ass katana alone is gonna make Afro struggle.
Plus Jack has a lot more feats due to that Samurai Jack is 40+ Episodes while Afro is 5/6 Episodes as well as some movies, a Doujinshi and some games

Oct 25, 2017
NC
Both of these shows are good, but....Jack completely got this. I still remember that time he fought a bunch of assassin's in the time it took for a drop of water to fall to the ground....

Chills.

Taco_Human

Jan 6, 2018
MA
I've never seen Afro Samurai, so I can't really vote on this.

<--- you know who I would vote for though.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if any of Afro Samurai's speed feats compare to this one of Jack's

Plus he managed to defeat all of the daughters of Aku without his sword, and just one of the daughters was tough enough to blow through an army of thousands of orcs by herself.

Plus with the sword powered up it has enough cutting power to go through adamantium

Last edited:
OP
OP
TheGamingNewsGuy

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I don't know if any of Afro Samurai's speed feats compare to this one of Jack's

Plus he managed to defeat all of the daughters of Aku without his sword, and just one of the daughters was tough enough to blow through an army of thousands of orcs by herself.

Plus with the sword powered up it has enough cutting power to go through adamantium

Wait when was it shown it could cut through adamantium?

ninjabot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Jack has cartoony feats. Afro has anime feats. I'm leaning towards Jack because he pulls off more goofy Popeye like stuff that makes him seem stronger, tougher, and faster than Afro.

So I'm going with Jack.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Holy crap! Samurai Jack! Haven't watched the latest DB episode yet. Don't know much about Afro Samurai, but definitely rooting for Jack.

Also the last season was great, so definitely check it out if you haven't! Took years but I'm satisfied for the ending.

Heck yes! Another traditionally animated fight!

Still dislike that there isn't any opportunity to use existing music, like the awesome Samurai Jack theme of course!

Last edited: