• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers) vs Captain Marvel (Billy Batson)

• Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers)

Votes: 170 36.4%
  • Captain Marvel (Billy Batson)

Votes: 297 63.6%

• Total voters

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Revealed at the end of Black Widow vs Widowmaker. Te next Death Battle is Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers) vs Captain Marvel/Shazam (Billy Batson)...yes its happening and honestly i couldn't be more lukewarm on this idea but that's my opinion.

6507124-1120710607-welp_.png

Who do you think will win this fight?

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure Billy stacks up to Binary, but then again he did once go giant and throw hands with The Spectre.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Billy is DC so I know he's probably going to win but I want Carol too beat him just because I know all the sexist shitheads are going to be rooting against her.

Not to discredit actuall Shazam fans I just dont want to hear these asshole jerking themselves over her dying.

OP
OP
TheGamingNewsGuy

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
To put this in perspective Shazam has 5000+ years of battle experience due to inheriting the knowledge of the past Shazams and has matched and beaten Superman

Oct 28, 2017
Carol was overpowered by Android 18, how is she supposed to fight Shazam? This is going to be another obvious curbstomp similar to Flash vs. QuickSilver.
Maybe they should've had Carol fight Captain Atom, at least they have similar powers.

amusix

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
I'm with Neoxon on this one....

If Carol's absorption abilities work with Billy's power of Zeus, then it might make things more even. Also, Carol is a soldier (and an adult) and might fight more ruthlessly than Billy, which may give her an edge.
That said, Billy's powers from Achilles, Zeus, and Atlas all combine to make a near unstoppable opponent.

Ultimately, I'm voting Billy, because, unless the writers decide it, Carol has no business being in that ring.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I hate this match-up. Will just give man babies more ammunition when Shazam inevitably wins.

Oct 28, 2017
I'm with Neoxon on this one....

If Carol's absorption abilities work with Billy's power of Zeus, then it might make things more even. Also, Carol is a soldier (and an adult) and might fight more ruthlessly than Billy, which may give her an edge.
That said, Billy's powers from Achilles, Zeus, and Atlas all combine to make a near unstoppable opponent.

Ultimately, I'm voting Billy, because, unless the writers decide it, Carol has no business being in that ring.
Wisdom of Solomon counters that, Billy as Shazam doesn't retain the mentality of a child when it matters.

May 10, 2018
Survived a Tesseract bomb eh? Well that settles that.

i know Carol's origin is different in the comics but the timing is perfect

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
Hm..... Changed my vote to Billy. Does being binary not give her an upgrade where she is able to contend with magic?

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hate this match-up. Will just give man babies more ammunition when Shazam inevitably wins.
carol wins or loses, the comments on that video are going to redefine the word poisonous
This is why I hate this match up. I know it's an obvious candidate for Death Battle but I don't want to give the toxic haters that have been doing their best to try and ruin Captain Marvel any sort of validation.

Like they have to be aware of the toxicity this will bring right?

Mr. Poolman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Billy takes this one.

The problem is that this match-up doesn't make much sense other than they sharing a name and movie. This will feed the manbabies.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You kidding? The toxicity in DB comments is nothing new. I highly doubt they care about that at this point.
This is a special breed of toxicity though. Like I know it's nothing new for people to take this shit seriously. There were people who payed money to commission art if Yang being brutally beaten because they were mad she won.

But then you add all the shit flinging from the Captain Marvel haters and it just seems like a whole new breed of terrible.

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This is a special breed of toxicity though. Like I know it's nothing new for people to take this shit seriously. There were people who payed money to commission art if Yang being brutally beaten because they were mad she won.

But then you add all the shit flinging from the Captain Marvel haters and it just seems like a whole new breed of terrible.

There's been plenty of the kind of toxicity you are mentioning before. Just because Captain Marvel is the new topic, doesn't mean it wasn't there. Also going in to read DB comment means you are a sadist anyway. Its always been bottom barrel even for Youtube comment standards. This isn't the first and won't be the last. They are doing this DB because recent films to cash in. That's all

Also the Yang fight was bullshit, but that's neither here nor there

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Carol was overpowered by Android 18, how is she supposed to fight Shazam? This is going to be another obvious curbstomp similar to Flash vs. QuickSilver.
Maybe they should've had Carol fight Captain Atom, at least they have similar powers.

Thats a much better match. They're even both Air Force. Odds are Carol might take that one because shes tough enough to rupture his suit

Last edited:

Horo

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
It doesn't work that way, Billy has to say "Shazam" with the intention of changing forms. That's how he's able to refer to himself in a conversation or use the name to perform incantations like sharing the power with his family members or doing this.

3918922-2014-06-25+07-37-56+-+justice+league+(2011-)+031-012.jpg

Only if they go by his new 52 incarnation though (not sure if they have changed it back for rebirth). Black Adam was even originally killed by such a trick during his first (and only) Fawcett appearance.

RCO018.jpg

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I find it funny how magic is like Achilles' Heel for a good chunk of heroes (Clark, Carol, etc.).