• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AgentOtaku

Oct 27, 2017
Jesus.... We as a society really are consumed by what social media tells us is "hot" and "good"
She's wildly overrated but that doesn't stop her schtick from being pushed to the front of social awareness perpetually due to hype and hivemind thinking.
She will be forgotten in a few years if she doesn't burn out herself due to overexposure.
Don't get me wrong, she IS talented but this feels more like a form of stunt casting

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
Good fit, moody, longing songs, good with melody and tension, not a big jump to incorporate some of the trad Bond theme elements,

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh my god that's gonna be so cheesy and over the top. can't wait!

I may simply be willing it into existence. With a hope that they go back to the Knights of Cydonia phase musically for this one.

Sam Heughan as McLeod
Guest appearance by Sean Connery as James Cosmo character in Glenfinnan (Ramirez played by...Antonio 'ow do you say? Ah yes, D'Banderas)
Kur
gan is played by Dave Bautista or Javier Bardem.
Heather is played by Rebecca Ferguson, but she also plays Brenda Wyatt - so the pseudo resurrection a-la Dracula's Mina Harker, helps explain his fascination with her during the sword investigation. It also cements the importance of Heather's death. She's irreplaceable. And that will make her fate during final Kurgan battle sequence more important. Rachel is played by Helen Mirren. World building for sequel drops hints that the Prize isn't a wooly ESP - it's the chance to have children, but it's also revelaed post-credits that the Kurgan wasn't the enemy - the Kurgan was the training ritual designed to test and build the Highlander's strength so that he or whoever wins, is prepared properly for the far greater (mystical non-alien) threat in Highlander 2. - a threat which is actually in the past. So H2 is set in medieval Scotland, contemporary with or before Conor's birth. He may have to intercede to save his own childhood self to keep the prophecy on target and defeat the big-bad. Thus beginning a cycle and loop that looks closed until Highlander 3.

AgentOtaku

Oct 27, 2017
Smart move for both parties. A good way for Bond to reach teenagers with whom it isn't relevant and it lets her reach older adults with whom she isn't really relevant.

But why?
Teenagers won't give a shit about Bond. That's not the demographic. The studio or whoever should just lean into the core audience. This just seems desperate. At the very least, they could have pulled a move like this with the eventual recast of Craig/reboot.
Insert Steve Buscemi kids gif and all that

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Cool choice. I was pretty lttp on her but her album really is good.

I'm guessing it'll still be a couple months before we hear it but looking forward to the song. At the very least it should be able to clear Another Way to Die and Writing's on the Wall pretty easily.

So you're a Bond guy
Double-0-7 Bond guy
Leaves the ladies fond guy
Stop the villain's bomb guy

I'm that Bond type
British super spy type
Make the villain hurl type
Might seduce his girl type

I'm the Bond guy.
nice

NTGYK

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I wanted Lana, but I'll wait to hear the song before judgment. Anyone would be a step up over the last guy who did Specter. What a travesty that was.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
But why?
Teenagers won't give a shit about Bond. That's not the demographic. The studio or whoever should just lean into the core audience. This just seems desperate. At the very least, they could have pulled a move like this with the eventual recast of Craig/reboot.
Insert Steve Buscemi kids gif and all that
Why not? The music video will get a few hundred million plays and inevitably that breaks through in some capacity. Her fans are rabid -- I could definitely see a not insignificant number of teen girls going just to hear the song in the theater. Maybe it takes another few years for some to really care about Bond, but it's at least in their consciousness whereas it's something they'd just entirely ignore otherwise. It's not going to prevent an older Bond fan from seeing it or anything, so there's no downside.

Yahsper

Oct 29, 2017
Jesus.... We as a society really are consumed by what social media tells us is "hot" and "good"
She's wildly overrated but that doesn't stop her schtick from being pushed to the front of social awareness perpetually due to hype and hivemind thinking.
She will be forgotten in a few years if she doesn't burn out herself due to overexposure.
Don't get me wrong, she IS talented but this feels more like a form of stunt casting
Correct. If you don't like "popular thing", it's proof you're an independent thinker. All the rest of us have been hypnotized into thinking we like her sound. Baa! Baa! We're sheep!

I know my reaction is strong but what is your point even? 99% of all artists are forgotten after a few years, even the really good ones. Being popular isn't some measure of quality and that works both ways. And disliking things because they're hot on social media is just as bad as liking things because they're hot on social media.

It's okay to not like her but don't blame society, social media and hivemind thinking for other people liking her.

Listening to songs like "everything i wanted" and "when the party's over" ("bury a friend" too even), I can hear a Bond song in that style and it being pretty dope, combining that melancholic sound with a modern beat fitting some cool visuals during the opening credits scene.

Last edited:

CassCade

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I like her so I don't mind, she will be better than Sam Smith, Jack White and all the 80s and 90s atrocious bond songs.

Tremorah

Dec 3, 2018
Apparently shes a fan of the series so good for her to get to write a song for it

More looking forward to the directors input towards the movie myself, but good for her fans and her

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
"How do we appeal to the kids?"

"Uhh.. let's hire Billie Eilish to do the song."

"You're a genius!"

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017
Next time, Muse. Next time.

tenor.gif

SgtCobra

Oct 25, 2017
Don't like her songs but she definitely can sing so I'm eager to hear what it will sound like.

Fevaweva

Oct 30, 2017
Tbh her music sounds like a dramatic cover of a pop song used for a trailer. But its a great choice.