• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
Like I posted in the stream thread: no new game this year isn't surprising given Sakura Wars probably took up most of the team's focus.

Do wonder if this will be a 2020 release and come out on new consoles, or they'll wait to release it in 2021 so it's during Sonic's 30th anniversary?

Can't wait for the actual big bad turning out to be a giant magical monster for the 100th time.

We actually haven't gotten one of those since Unleashed (I mean I guess you can count Time Eater? They never really explained how much of that thing was Eggman's creation and how much was magical monster).

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I hope it's not another boost game. I want them to go back to the Sonic Adventure speed gameplay. I still prefer the Adventure games over everything that came after.

Rurouni

Dec 25, 2017
06 was Adventure 3, and the reason the Adventure-style gameplay was dumped
Oh, it certainly couldn't have been because of the blatant rough development going around 06 itself which botched the execution, but rather the style in general being the main culprit. /s

I still stand by that 06 is a really flawed example of why they shouldn't go back to fleshing out Adventure more properly.

People still ask for Adventure 3 after 06 because they realize it wasn't the formula that was broken, just the game itself.

^^^^^ Ding ding ding ^^^^^

Last edited:

Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think what they'll end up doing is straight up remake Sonic Adventure from the ground up. Maybe do the same with the second game, and then make Sonic Adventure 3.

NuclearCake

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They have yet to find a formula that works and transitions all of Sonic's elements from the 2D games into 3D.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
They have yet to find a formula that works and transitions all of Sonic's elements from the 2D games into 3D.
Lost World's parkour system could've worked perfectly if they put some momentum in there. Level design that isn't ripping off Mario Galaxy would be neat too.

Axiology

Nov 2, 2017
I hope they took inspiration from Sonic Utopia and the Sonic Infinity engine. If not, then I don't care. With Sega's money and resources there's no excuse for them to put out stuff that's so inferior from a gameplay perspective (yes, I'm aware neither of those are full games)

Last edited:

Menome

Oct 25, 2017
Have they decided yet whether its going to one of the good Sonic games, or one of the bad Sonic games?

Algorum

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Dec 23, 2018
They really need to find a way to fully revitalize this franchise.

Mario and Sonic are two of the most recognizable video game characters in the world and even people who don't play video games know about these characters in some shape or form.

It needs to start fresh, scrap the stupid secondary characters, scrap most of the stupid combat and focus on platforming, level design, and the overall structure of the game.

I ain't got no issues with bringing back Doctor Eggman again... he's iconic in my eyes but they should limit their scope a bit and just try and squeeze as much creativity and polish out of a simple idea rather than giving us more world adventure vibes.

Good luck to the Team. I still hold hope for an epic sonic game someday.

AlecKoKuTan

Oct 29, 2017
Irvine, CA
Can't wait for some more rushed garbage. Forces really ruined things for me after how decent things bad been going--ignoring big red button and Sonic Boom rise of lyric.

Christo750

May 10, 2018
Gunna be honest I'm surprised how much time they're taking off from Sonic. It'll likely be 3 years until the next Sonic Team title. Hopefully there's some real effort being put into it this time.

Vidiot

Oct 27, 2017
Hated Forces with a passion. Honestly thought it was worse than 06. If it's anything like that I'm out.

Mark1

Oct 30, 2017
I don't want to see this until 2021 in that case. I don't want the same development schedule that Forces had.

That game was a rushed mess with plenty of missed potential after Colours and Generations

Hopefully they change up the formula. It's hasn't changed since Unleashed and it's gotten stale.
Partially disagree, I'd love to see them merge the boost formula with Adventure style gameplay (add in what made the 3D parts of Sonic Lost World fun too) Go back and focus purely on what works.

Sonic Team aren't in a good position to start changing everything up again - like what they did with Lost World after how successful Generations was

Last edited: