• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

evilromero

Oct 27, 2017
Cause the adventure games were 2d sonic in 3d
This is just flatout wrong. Even if we ignore the completely different level structure, I don't recall 2D Sonic having a homing attack or emerald hot/cold treasure hunt or lameass action shooting stages played from inside a mech. Oh, and there was certainly no gigantic hub world in the 2D games either.

What misinformed person ever said that the Adventure games were like 2D Sonic but in 3D?

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
This is just flatout wrong. Even if we ignore the completely different level structure, I don't recall 2D Sonic having a homing attack or emerald hot/cold treasure hunt or lameass action shooting stages played from inside a mech. Oh, and there was certainly no gigantic hub world in the 2D games either.

What misinformed person ever said that the Adventure games were like 2D Sonic but in 3D?
2d mario could never roll but rolling was included in Mario 3d land and world

Doesn't need to be 1 to 1

It had a to b levels with physics and a spindash

Mark1

Oct 30, 2017

I think many perceive SA1 as the closest that Classic Sonic came to transitioning into 3D. It certainly felt like it through the speed stages.

Otherwise, styles such as hunting and shooting were added to incorporate new features into the franchise. Hence the "Adventure" series. So yeah they shouldn't be called '2D Sonic in 3D', but you can definitely see it tried through Sonic and Tails (to a far lesser extent).

It just gradually became its own identity over time via "Modern Sonic" games.

Pillock

User Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 29, 2017
apparently early Sonic pre-production involves people throwing lumps of shit at a wall to see which one sticks. Once one does the devs rush to start making Sonic magic.

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
Sonic Generations wasn't perfect (classic Planet Wisp is a trash fire), but parts of that game were incredible. A simple, straightforward sequel was the most obvious fucking thing in the world, and somehow Sonic Forces is what lands on store shelves.

Sonic Team is like a guy in the desert, nearly dead of dehydration, who, upon finding an oasis, drinks a thimble's worth of water and immediately starts dragging himself across the sands in search of something with a slightly more neutral pH.

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
What I want: Sonic Adventure 3
What it should be for popularity: Sonic Mania 2 (or w/e the equivalent is)
What it will be: Sonic Forces 2 or Sonic Boom 2 (or w/e the equivalent is)

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
The way i see it, If the game is coming next year, I think it'll be current gen (Switch, XBO, PS4). If it's 2021, then next gen (PS5, XB4, if it's a console, Google, maybe Switch) are pretty likely.

Miamiwesker

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
Forces is one of the worst games I have ever played, makes 06 look like an award winner. I am afraid of what they are making.

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
The way i see it, If the game is coming next year, I think it'll be current gen (Switch, XBO, PS4). If it's 2021, then next gen (PS5, XB4, if it's a console, Google, maybe Switch) are pretty likely.
I wish the next main sonic game would be next gen exclusive and the switch wouod get a timed exlusive sonic rush 3 to compensate "not sure who would developit now to fill in for dimps"

I much prefer a purely 2d rush style boost game to whatever forces was

Vertpin

Oct 27, 2017
Forces is one of the worst games I have ever played, makes 06 look like an award winner. I am afraid of what they are making.
Is there a video that I can watch that goes into details about how awful forces is? I didn't follow it at all, and to me it just looks like a boost sonic game with an OC, and short sonic levels?

Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a video that I can watch that goes into details about how awful forces is? I didn't follow it at all, and to me it just looks like a boost sonic game with an OC, and short sonic levels?
He's exaggerating. Forces is a bland game but nothing offensive like Sonic 06. Even the OC plays well but it's just a ridiculous idea.

Veliladon

Oct 27, 2017
1) Give me Sonic Megamix. All games. All zones. Remastered in the Mania engine. Remixed soundtracks. Level editor with all the tilesets.
1b) Give it a HD mode like that Sonic 2 HD fan project.

That's all I want in this world.

Ex-Psych

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
whatever the next game will be will have a fantastic soundtrack.

I personally hope it's 3D Sonic

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Already? I only just finished getting S Ranks in PC Lost World! I haven't even touched the 3DS game's hard mode! I can't keep up with this!

Deleted member 1003

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A new Sonic game is always in development and as usual, I will wonder if the game will good (rare), decent (uncommon) or just plain awful (common).

Revolsin

Usage of alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Did Forces actually sell well? I don't understand how they can keep pumping out mediocrity without any sales consequences

Revolsin

Usage of alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I don't get this opinion brother. Like 06 was riddled with glitches and a lot of annoying shit that made it an actively bad experience to play at times.

But Forces doesn't have those problems really. Like it's not good by any stretch, I'd call it mediocre, but nothing really bad on it honestly. Maybe a boss fight or two.

Deleted member 5127

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if they're gonna go back to a higher budget Sonic game, or just something cheaper like Sonic Forces again. Really hope it isn't the latter.

I don't know of any videos going into detail, but I played this game and was hyped for it because it was boost Sonic gameplay(I love boost Sonic). I was slapped in the face with shit level design and the worst Sonic soundtrack. This game is almost the meme hold boost to win. The levels are so uninteresting and short, and there very few of them.

I agree with that poster that said Sonic 06 is better, that game had fun parts and frustrating parts, Forces was just a borefest that was done in 3 hours.

Last edited:

Vidiot

Oct 27, 2017
On a technical level Forces isn't as bad as 06. Forces is just so bland and boring that I honestly think I enjoyed 06 more. I hate the stupid create a character shit and the way Sonic acts like they're his bff. The Sonic levels are short and boring with no effort put into them. The Sonic levels are so bad compared to Unleashed/Generations. Also classic Sonic just felt like shit especially coming off Mania.

Zippo

Banned
Dec 8, 2017
For those that don't know, Evening Star only formed 3 months ago. Even if they are working on a sequel to Sonic Mania (Which I strongly believe they are) it's going to be a ways out. Second half of 2019 will be a quiet one for Sonic.

Nov 1, 2017
If it's Sonic Mania 2 then great, super excited. If it's anything else they are going to need to drastically rethink their approach to making a Sonic game because Sonic Forces was a fucking mess.

aisback

Oct 27, 2017
I'm hoping we get a simpler game from Sega.

Sonic Adventure HD would be great but from the last few Sonic games I don't think Sega can reach that height again.

Miamiwesker

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
I don't get this opinion brother. Like 06 was riddled with glitches and a lot of annoying shit that made it an actively bad experience to play at times.

But Forces doesn't have those problems really. Like it's not good by any stretch, I'd call it mediocre, but nothing really bad on it honestly. Maybe a boss fight or two.

I'll take a game that's glitchy but actually tries to have a good game in there. I can get by glitchy, there is no getting by piss poor insulting level design. 06 can be a good game, Forces is just TERRIBLE. There is no thought put into the levels, zero challenge, the scoring system might as well not be there as you can sit there for 5 minutes and get an A rank. There is NOTHING good in forced. It's an insulting video game that asks nothing of the player except just hold up and press jump a few times.