• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
Source: SXSW Stream

"One more thing: The next Sonic title is in development and being worked on but we have nothing to show at this time."

...That's all they said.

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
When they announced sonicforces in 2016 they used the same wording that it had just begun

And back then we all assumed it was just a weird translation and obviously they had been in full force since 2013 right after lost world, nope litterally started full development of forces in 2016

So I'm going to take them litterally and 2018 had no progress whatsoever on the next 3d sonic

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
No way, those mad men did it, they're working on a new game 1,5 years after the release of the last one.

Joke aside, I guess it's a late 2020 game. Maybe a cross gen title lol

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
Sonic Forces killed any hype for a 3d sonic game for me. I loved the boost formula in Unleashed, generations, etc. But they pretty much ruined it in Forces.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
It's appearing on Google's conference /s

Its honestly upsetting me that they haven't made this yet. Why keep putting out duds with no pop culture relevance when you can put out a dud that gets people hyped up?
The day they make SA3 will be the day they officially run out of ideas. It's their last resource.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Nonsense. Next you'll tell me Nintendo's working on another Mario title.

ArchAngel

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sonic Forces Part II - Only the 30 minutes Super Sonic Finale the original lacked.

For real, it can only get better that Forces. That was so short and bad :(

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Dont know why people want a new adventure game, besides the music and the unintentional hilarity and memes the games are terrible

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Sonic Unleashed was Adventure 3

They tried

Stop asking for it

06 was Adventure 3, and the reason the Adventure-style gameplay was dumped. Unleashed was the first game in the current style of the Sonic games. In addition to the overall change in Sonic's gameplay itself, you can see some clear reactions to the backlash against 06, like making the alternate characters just Sonic variations and a simpler story.

MrBadger

Oct 27, 2017
Sonic Forces Part II - Only the 30 minutes Super Sonic Finale the original lacked.

For real, it can only get better that Forces. That was so short and bad :(

They sneakily avoided any mention of Forces in the stream and only commented on the success of Mania. I think they're aware that people aren't fond of it

Dont know why people want a new adventure game, besides the music and the unintentional hilarity and memes the games are terrible

Actually, Sonic Adventure is good

Serenitynow

Oct 25, 2017
People still ask for Adventure 3 after 06 because they realize it wasn't the formula that was broken, just the game itself.

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
Adventure 3 would have to dump a ton of stuff from Adventure 1 & 2 to be good. A lot of you must've either not been around when 06 & unleashed were released or must be forgetting. It wasn't just the glitchyness and padding that were criticized. People hated the Shadow/Silver/Werehog stages along with most of the side content and pretty much all of the hubworld stuff.

Advc

Nov 3, 2017
After the latest Sonic game, it's difficult to be excited for a new one...

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
People still ask for Adventure 3 after 06 because they realize it wasn't the formula that was broken, just the game itself.
Exactly. I mean people still ask for Generations 2 after Sonic Forces.

Sonic Team making a bad game doesnt mean everything they ever did was bad. It just means they need to do better.

I think the biggest regret is we never actually got to see the Adventure Formula (Speed Stages only in SA1 and SA2) and Boost Formula ( Daytime Unleashed, Modern Generations) reach their full potential and have a game all to themselves without the padding and gimmicks. There is clearly something there in both games but never got their proper care

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait for the actual big bad turning out to be a giant magical monster for the 100th time.

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
Will either be a cross gen game in 2020 or next gen only in 2021.

MrBadger

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly I don't think an Adventure 3 with several different playstyles is inherently a bad idea. I mean people like gliding around going on treasure hunts for shiny objects in Mario Odyssey and Spyro Reignited, and breaking up the platforming with on-rails shooting segments has been pulled off well in better games not made by Sonic Team