• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Don Fluffles

Oct 28, 2017
Oh yeah... correct me if I'm wrong, I remember how the regular, cannon fodder foot soldiers all had dark skin. I hope they add a little more white in there before release.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Wait, there is going to be a SLG release and also a regular retail one?

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Wished there was more attention on this game. Totally didn't know it was coming to PS4 as well. I'll be probably stick with the switch version and prob double dip on a sale.

King Dodongo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh yeah... correct me if I'm wrong, I remember how the regular, cannon fodder foot soldiers all had dark skin. I hope they add a little more white in there before release.

There were both white and dark skinned.

Wished there was more attention on this game. Totally didn't know it was coming to PS4 as well. I'll be probably stick with the switch version and prob double dip on a sale.

We just need more footage. Many people barely know it is coming next month.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm confused, Ninja Saviors is the pal version of this game right?

If that so, is there going to be a physical release of the NTSC one?

Respawn

Dec 5, 2017
What!? How come I just heard of this my gaming family. woohoo! I played this constantly back in the day. Kunochi we will be reunited once again.
Need that disc version.👍

Liquor

Oct 28, 2017
Preorders are up, and selling out.

store.strictlylimitedgames.com

Strictly Limited Games Store

Exclusive Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5 and PlayStation Vita games in strictly limited quantities.

Got my PS4 regular edition secured.

luciddre4m

Oct 25, 2017
NY
I just heard about this game today and I am flipping out! Two new characters! New sprite work! CO-OP?! Ohhh baby I cannot wait for my physical order to arrive!

The SNES game remains one of my all-time favorites.

Liquor

Oct 28, 2017
I just heard about this game today and I am flipping out! Two new characters! New sprite work! CO-OP?! Ohhh baby I cannot wait for my physical order to arrive!

The SNES game remains one of my all-time favorites.
Yea the went all out. I can't wait for this. These are the kinds of remakes/remasters I want.

Tanuki-Go

One Winged Slayer
Jul 21, 2018
US
The game looks so good, but, at the risk of derailing the thread, I gotta say the second female character's sprite has a distractingly large bosom
Yeah, they are cartoonish-ly large and bounce so weirdly it becomes a distraction. Its a shame because I otherwise I like the character and her fighting style.

rawhide

Oct 28, 2017
The ninja got roided out too, I think it's more a general consequence of the way they've been drawn than any specific desire to give the kunoichi a huge rack.

rawhide

Oct 28, 2017
Fair enough! I honestly didn't even notice she was so stacked but it's unmistakable now that I'm watching the trailer again.

On a related note, the original arcade game is out on Switch today.

PepsimanVsJoe

Oct 26, 2017
The ninja got roided out too, I think it's more a general consequence of the way they've been drawn than any specific desire to give the kunoichi a huge rack.
Judging by the art posted in this thread's OP, Yaksha clearly wasn't intended to become Stretch Boobstrong.

EDIT: Kinda interested in grabbing the original game as I have quite the soft spot for it. Do Arcade Archive releases usually have extra features?

Last edited:

rawhide

Oct 28, 2017
Judging by the art posted in this thread's OP, Yaksha clearly wasn't intended to become Stretch Boobstrong.

EDIT: Kinda interested in grabbing the original game as I have quite the soft spot for it. Do Arcade Archive releases usually have extra features?

Just time attack modes and so on, or different ROM options depending on the game, but they're pretty much as-is.

SpotAnime

Dec 11, 2017
Damn why did I miss this thread originally...the stand-alone SLG releases are sold out... :(

Will be getting this on digital Day 1 for sure, at least.

Refyref

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Damn why did I miss this thread originally...the stand-alone SLG releases are sold out... :(

Will be getting this on digital Day 1 for sure, at least.
There are still going to be retail physical copies other than the SLG release, that was just a limited variant with extra fluff.