• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
does the original arcade version on switch have ultrawidescreen letterbox mode intact?

rawhide

Oct 28, 2017

rawhide

Oct 28, 2017
NIce. Might just get that. Is my memory messed up or is the Kunoichi the only character from the arcade that is in the SNES version?

Kunoichi and Ninja are P1 and P2, but they play identically, but I think the ninja had more life because it was a late-'80s Japanese game and therefore the female character had to less life.

What's the price for digital?

Same price as retail or thereabouts.

Deleted member 82

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yaksha looks fun to play - shame about the oversized bouncy breasts -, but Raiden looks kinda boring to be honest.

Everything else looks great. And Daddy Mulk is in!

Is 2-player mode online as well?

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Ninja looks the same as the SNES version at first glance imo.

tp_pattern2.gif

rawhide

Oct 28, 2017
Yaksha looks fun to play - shame about the oversized bouncy breasts -, but Raiden looks kinda boring to be honest.

Everything else looks great. And Daddy Mulk is in!

Is 2-player mode online as well?

Nah, online is just leaderboards.

I think the team's balancing the new characters the same way they did with the Wild Guns remake: one's a beginner character, one's a more technical character for hardcore players.

Oct 26, 2017
This game looks real damn good. I think I'll get it for Switch, but I do have both a Switch and PS4.

Are there any version differences? Probably not for a game like this, but I figured I would ask.

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
So is the physical US version going to be in regular stores or where exactly?

PepsimanVsJoe

Oct 26, 2017
Kunoichi and Ninja are P1 and P2, but they play identically, but I think the ninja had more life because it was a late-'80s Japanese game and therefore the female character had to less life.
...Really?

Pretty much all of the 1CC videos on youtube use P1. Either superplayers want the extra challenge, or there really isn't a difference the two ninja.

Last edited:

rawhide

Oct 28, 2017
...Really?

Pretty much all of the 1CC videos on youtube use P1. Either superplayers want the extra challenge, or there really isn't a difference the two ninja.

There definitely is, I remember Japanese players kicking up a stink when the PS4 version came out and wouldn't let them start on the 2P side with the default controller.

CO_Andy

Oct 25, 2017
wow Yaksha's boobage is absolutely massive

usually shorter means smaller chest in typical anime fashion

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's hilarious how they come with a badass female ninja with a cool almost boss-like move set and all people can talk about are her boobs.

Yeesh.

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I like how the two most important topics right now are breasts and Daddy Mulk. Its like poetry.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
Holy fuck this is a must buy.

The music, the pixel art!

Gaming could really use a pixel art renaissance. C'mon Nintendo, Capcom, Konami, Square, Sega, etc!

GET ON IT!!!

Deleted member 1627

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pre-ordered a physical. Kind of annoyed I missed out the limited version but that's on me for being a dumb dumb.

y2kyle89

Mar 16, 2018
Mass
It's hilarious how they come with a badass female ninja with a cool almost boss-like move set and all people can talk about are her boobs.

Yeesh.
It's almost as if the comically large breasts are ruining a cool design and this is yet another example of developers valuing masturbation over everything else.

PepsimanVsJoe

Oct 26, 2017
All I'm saying is that giving an emotionless killing machine a massive chest serves no purpose whatsoever.

It'd be like putting boobs on a car...or a toaster.

Imagine the opening scene of Terminator 2.
There's death and devastation everywhere.
A robotic foot smashes a human skill.
Camera pans upward and boom! Ginormous metal gazongas are all up in your face.

...It'd be a little off-putting.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's almost as if the comically large breasts are ruining a cool design and this is yet another example of developers valuing masturbation over everything else.

Going by this thread it's more like they know what people like to focus on.

If masturbation comes to mind because of some breast size while pretty much the entirety of her design and moveset has nothing revealing about it then that really says it all.

Wing Scarab

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
There are a lot of women out there with big breast. Its like some of you guys have never seen outside before.

Going by this thread it's more like they know what people like to focus on.

If masturbation comes to mind because of some breast size while pretty much the entirety of her design and moveset has nothing revealing about it then that really says it all.

Also this

sixteen-bit

Oct 30, 2017
can we talk about why the title is different outside of jp?

"The Ninja Saviors" sounds awful. I almost wish Japan had a physical edition so I could own something that says "The Ninja Warriors Once Again" (which admittedly is also a clumsy title, but way more charming and fits considering the first sequel's title).

If you're asking why the change, then people have commented that it's probably to avoid brand confusion with this

...which makes no sense, considering Arcade Archives Ninja Warriors has been out for a couple of years on PS4, and launched just this week on Switch.

Deleted member 82

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you're asking why the change, then people have commented that it's probably to avoid brand confusion with this

...which makes no sense, considering Arcade Archives Ninja Warriors has been out for a couple of years on PS4, and launched just this week on Switch.

Unfortunately, it does make sense.

The US trademark "American Ninja Warrior" was registered only 2 years ago - the one that covers video games, anyway. In trademark law, as long as your trademark isn't 5 years old or older (there are variations between countries, but IIRC it's roughly the same for the US; feel free to correct me), you're under no obligation to make use of it. The mere fact that it's registered under the relevant products or services gives you protection. Plus the trademark is obviously still being used in other areas, and the people behind American Ninja Warrior could argue that they're going to make new games with that name in the future anyway.