• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 21693

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
That's too cute.
You can tell whenever Nintendo reps say they don't try to be cool because they don't know what cool means and instead focus on being quirky and fun, they really mean it.

Barn

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
"What is Mr. Aonuma's favorite Nintendo franchise?"

"Metroid."

"What? Why?"

CpOrLr3XgAARLb7.jpg

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
metroid? ouch, that kinda hurt. hard to believe it's anyone's favorite franchise at nintendo, except sakamoto.
make a metroid game then aonuma

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

MoonFrog

Oct 25, 2017
Zelda team on Metroid would be great. A way to explore a form of old Zelda more boiled down to the core concepts.

FrostyLemon

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I dunno if I'm living in a Nintendo bubble but, Iwata, Miyamoto, Aunoma, Koizumi and Reggie seem really likeable and fun. Does Sony and Microsoft have personalities like this and I'm just ignorant of them?

ThisIsMyDogKyle

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'd be down to let Aonuma make a Metroid and Koizumi make a Zelda.
Koizumi created the central time mechanic in Majora's Mask and wrote a lot of the side quests, as well as created the 3D targetting system used from Ocarina on, so Majora's Mask is basically what that would look like.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User has been banned (24h): drive-by post that has nothing to do with the topic.
GUESS WHAT NEW HOT NINTENDO PRODUCT WE WILL RELEASE THIS YEAR?

Ohhhhh 4K... VR....AUGMENTED REALITY:!?!

CARDBOARD!!!!!!!!

...yay?

Lunar15

Oct 25, 2017
Koizumi created the central time mechanic in Majora's Mask and wrote a lot of the side quests, as well as created the 3D targetting system used from Ocarina on, so Majora's Mask is basically what that would look like.

I know. That's why I'd like him to have another go around. He also wrote the manual for A Link to the Past, which created the majority of the lore for the series. Link's Awakening's general concept was his idea too. He kind of created every weird lore element I love about the series.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i'm now reminded of iwata asks, those were always fantastic to read and gave such a great insight into nintendo and the different people who worked there, many of whom i was introduced to by reading those interviews. if the world wasn't so cruel we would have had iwata asks for botw and odyssey.