• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimrpg

Oct 26, 2017
I recently got my first Switch game despite not having a Switch (NBA 2k19, there was a price error so I got it for 50% off). I decided to make a list of games that I would want to buy if I got a Switch. I figured I would get a Switch once I got to 10 games. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Splatoon 2, Fire Emblem Warriors, Dark Souls Remastered, Civilization VI, Football Manager Touch 2019, Cities: Skylines, Diablo Eternal Edition, Divinity Original Sin 2. I started to realise these were all PC Games.

My point? There isn't really another way to play 'handheld' PC Games, besides the Switch or the GPD Win 1/2. You could stream it I suppose, but I'll leave that one out because technically the game is not native to the device. The Win 2 (yes, I bought one) remains a bit of a loose canon for me as there's a bit of extra tweaking involved to get the game running amongst other things. If you just want to buy a game and have it work 95% of the time, a dedicated gaming device is a safer bet (no disrepect to the Win 2 fans).

What PC Games do you want to see on Switch?

Me -

header.jpg

Very impressed by what I've seen so far on Steam, and I think the style and theme would definitely suit a handheld playstyle.

hotcyder

Oct 28, 2017
3-980x551.jpg

Enemy Unknown could be more likely because of the system specs - but I'd much prefer XCOM 2 (maybe with WOTC) on Switch

Bazry

Oct 30, 2017
Command and Conquer Collection

8 Bit Armies was announced early last year and not heard a thing about it since

wbloop

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
You mentioned Original Sin 2... am I missing something or has it been announced for Switch? Or is this just the list of games you wish were on the Switch?

Deleted member 4044

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Now that we're getting Diablo, gotta think Starcraft 2 on Switch won't be long behind. Would be perfect for it

rockx4

Dec 8, 2017
I had no idea Original Sin 2 for switch was a thing... it sounds good, as well as ppl wanting more wrpg. I'd be on board for that.

OP
OP
Jimrpg

Jimrpg

Oct 26, 2017
Since when is Original Sin 2 a switch game?

You mentioned Original Sin 2... am I missing something or has it been announced for Switch? Or is this just the list of games you wish were on the Switch?

Did I miss D:OS2 Switch announcement?

There's no announcement but I'm going off this -

https://www.shacknews.com/article/1...or-divinity-original-sin-2-on-nintendo-switch

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
I don't think Larian announced a NSW version for Divinity OS2.

You are probably talking about Pillars of Eternity 2

OP
OP
Jimrpg

Jimrpg

Oct 26, 2017
Is it another perfect port begging thread?

No I made this thread with good intentions. :)

Seriously though - I bought a Win 2 earlier this year. I bought a bunch of games in a Steam Sale to play on it. Didn't like the system that much, so I guess the Switch is the next best thing.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
What has that to do with PC? It's filling out its library with third party games, yes, but that has nothing to with "PC games". 95% of them are also available on PS4 or Xbox One.

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
As someone who doesn't own a PC, I'm really looking forward to games like Civ 6 coming to Switch.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Not old ports, day and date release with PC, if possible. I've lost faith in CRPG developers in implementing controller support in their games. Even after the console version is released, there's still no update for controller support on PC. If I have an option to buy on Switch (or PS4) from the start, I won't buy it on PC. Larian RPGs is an exception here as they can implement controller support on PC at launch, at least for Original Sin 2.

What has that to do with PC? It's filling out its library with third party games, yes, but that has nothing to with "PC games". 95% of them are also available on PS4 or Xbox One.
They were originally PC games, that's the point. Most indie games too.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Wii U would have been a better platform for all of these, thanks to the incredibly versatile UI options. But for obvious reasons that potential was left untapped. Glad we're at least getting this now.

rockx4

Dec 8, 2017
Baldur's gate and Icewind Dale series would be great... and an Ultima 7 remaster (but that would never happen).

Cerium

The Former
Oct 23, 2017
Despite your best intentions, the thread seems framed in a way that encourages port begging.

Status
Not open for further replies.