• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 28, 2017
The reviews I posted only detail what we've seen in trailers for season 2 and one or more will recap events from season 1. The consensus from just these 3 reviews seem to be that it earns the audiences curiosity but it is also at risk of collapsing in on itself as it weaves this crazy story. Pacing is another complaint that carries over from season 1. The press was only given 6 of 8 episodes so nobody knows how this season is going to end.

The new season comes out next Friday (March 22).

Sometimes the enormity of their ideas threaten to topple their narrative house of cards, but there's no denying the ambition, and occasionally outright awe, of their inventive, audacious approach to storytelling. Netflix has carved out a space for itself as a home for innovative genre storytelling, and The OA might just be their crowning achievement in that regard. There's nothing else like this on TV, and even in its most ridiculous, far-reaching, utterly self-important moments, you can't help but chuckle and admit "At least they had the guts." The OA has always been a show that asks you to surrender, to leave the door open, and Season 2 makes even bigger, bolder asks of its audience. But this time it feels worth it. And it turns out, if you were one of the viewers who believed, who left that door open for The OA all these years, you might have welcomed some bonafide, baffling magic into your home.

http://collider.com/the-oa-season-2-review/#images

You'll laugh. You'll cry. You'll cry from laughing or simply stare blankly at the screen as some of the weirdest shit you've ever seen unfolds, and you're asked to take it all very, very seriously. For better or worse, "The OA" never blinks. Its imagination is its bane and blessing, rendering the show inaccessible to certain audiences while successfully distinguishing the series from any other.

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/03/oa-season-2-review-netflix-part-2-brit-marling-1202051204/

Just as viewers of Season 1 had to actively choose to leave their front doors open and let OA's story wash over them, Part II requires audiences to resist nit-picking and just let The OA happen, experiencing the show for the many oddities it has to offer. This series has never been meant for everyone, but for those who are true believers in the OA, Part II will be a welcome follow-up to the first.

https://www.tvguide.com/news/the-oa-part-ii-review-netflix/

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
Well in that case I'm in. Loved the first season personally. Can't believe it's been 2 years since first season.

Also BBA is best character.

D.Dragoon

Mar 2, 2018
I finished part 2, it's even more batshit insane than part 1 and I can't wait for part 3. Bring on the interpretive dance moves!

Blue Lou

Oct 26, 2017
It appears I've been missing out. I thought that this was a remake of The OC. How embarassing for me.

Raboon

Oct 30, 2017
Season 2 was just crazy, crazy good! A lot better than season 1 which I thought was just ok. I really hope we get a season 3.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Season 2 was just crazy, crazy good! A lot better than season 1 which I thought was just ok. I really hope we get a season 3.

Yeah, the new mystery and setting really helped it out. First season was enjoyable but it felt confined (likely by budget) and this season felt like they had a lot more budget and room to work with and it really helped it, I enjoyed it more then the first season and mystery was great.

Really hope there's another season.

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
Okay... Watched it, and loved it, but damn the finale / reveal felt just as unsatisfying as season one's. Both seasons tried for something profound before the credits rolled, but both times I felt like things went out with a whimper.

I think this entire show would have been much better off as a 12-16 episode one and done. I love the concepts, characters, and twists, but the pacing is off. A little too much padding, leading up to a tragically-rushed finale.

Ooohhh well. I'm in for Season 3, because I'm a total sucker for their metaphysical and philosophical pandering.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
So another season of brit marling smelling her own farts

/dead

I'm really hit or miss with her other stuff; but I always wonder why she puts me 'off' despite usually being behind some pretty original stuff.

It appears I've been missing out. I thought that this was a remake of The OC. How embarassing for me.

I. Need. This. xD
I have trouble finding a show that hit a higher high in season one than califoooorrniiaaaaaaa

tarantullama

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished Part 2 and while I enjoyed it, what they seem to set up for Part 3 doesn't interest me.

OA is yet again trapped by Hap and trying to find Homer? We've done that twice now.