• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 48434

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
https://www.roadtovr.com/every-oculus-quest-launch-title-gdc-2019/

-Beat Saber
-Robo Recall
-Moss
-The Climb
-Shadow Point (New. Has Patrick Stewart!)
-Dead and Buried 2 (New)
-Journey of the Gods (New. Suggested to be like Zelda)
-Star Wars Vader Immortal (We still know barely anything)
-Superhot VR

From the very get-go we look to be getting a pretty good selection of VR games. And they still haven't announced everything, according to Oculus it will be launching with 50+ games.
Personally I find this all to be very exciting.
With its portable nature and Beat Saber/Superhot, I can see this getting some decent word of mouth when freinds show it off to each other, like how the switch did with its portable mode.

Edit:

Last edited:

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Wait this is getting robo recall? I'm shocked it can run it. Wonder if it'll get Lone Echo too?

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a bit confused, is it not already an oculus? Wouldn't it just draw from what's already in the oculus store?

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
They've confirmed it won't.

I imagine robo recall will play the same, but will look very different and simplified graphically.

Ah that's a shame

I'm a bit confused, is it not already an oculus? Wouldn't it just draw from what's already in the oculus store?

Quest is not the PC headset. Oculus will let devs have cross-Buy you still have to get the game to run on what is basically a mobile chip first

scrapple

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
does the quest have its own store? what if I already have a game on steam? questions questions questions

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
does the quest have its own store? what if I already have a game on steam? questions questions questions
Quest has the Oculus store.
Games can have crossbuy if they are on the PC Oculus store as well, but no steam.
You'll also be able to sideload content so you technically won't be locked into their eco system. Though realistically I can't imagine being able to side load games onto it since they still have to be optimized for it.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I want a Quest, But Beat Saber custom makes makes me want a Vive or regular Oculus way more.

Is there any word on if Beat Saber will support custom maps on Quest?

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I want a Quest, But Beat Saber custom makes makes me want a Vive or regular Oculus way more.

Is there any word on if Beat Saber will support custom maps on Quest?
You'll be able to sideload content so it's possible it could get modded as the original did. No guarantee it'll happen but not impossible either

CoolS

Oct 28, 2017
Do we already know if you will be able to access video content like on youtube? Or is the system totally closed of?

Sorry, I'm really new to the whole VR thing.

Lynd

Oct 29, 2017
Has there been any other info about the device or whatever yet? It's meant to be coming out soonish maybe right?

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Do we already know if you will be able to access video content like on youtube? Or is the system totally closed of?

Sorry, I'm really new to the whole VR thing.

There's a youtube app on the Oculus Store but it only works for Oculus Go (each Oculus hardware has got their own Oculus Store). So we have to wait for Google to port the youtube app over for Oculus Quest

Oculus Quest also support sideloading

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
Also pretty sure they're getting a sports game that includes that tennis demo we saw at the reveal. The Quest is looking like a real contender.

GuitarGuruu

Oct 26, 2017
I really hope the Quest performs well. I'll be super curious about numbers, cordless VR is definitely the future.

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
That Tennis game should definitely be in the OP.

Rumors are RacketNX is coming. I hope so. Finally picked it up during the last Steam sale, but still haven't played it. I've loved the demo from before it even launched, but I just hate the cord in this game. Racket NX would be at the top of my want list.

Nice technical recap of yesterday's Quest presentation:

https://twitter.com/russellholly/status/1108414099916898305

Fafalada

Oct 27, 2017
While there are some hardware reasons this time - None of the 4 Oculus devices (Oculus, Gear, Go, Quest) share library with one another. It's by far the worst managed software ecosystem of any platform holder to date.

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
While there are some hardware reasons this time - None of the 4 Oculus devices (Oculus, Gear, Go, Quest) share library with one another. It's by far the worst managed software ecosystem of any platform holder to date.

Which to a degree, I can understand. But if Quest isn't their new mobile baseline (that all 6dof dedicated mobile is backwards compatible with going forward), then we'll know it's motivated by pure greed. Quest has to become their baseline and nothing else will be acceptable to me.

Ganondolf

Jan 5, 2018

yeah I don't understand why the Quest can't run all Go apps and games as they are both ARM powered devices.

Deleted member 2620

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have to admit that a LOT of my excitement over this thing is as a development toy, but I'm still expecting Quest to get a good library over time. It does sound like a strong launch.

I thought Gear and Go overlapped? I'm not big on 3DOF VR, so I haven't followed closely.

Richardi

Oct 28, 2017
I have to admit that a LOT of my excitement over this thing is as a development toy, but I'm still expecting Quest to get a good library over time. It does sound like a strong launch.

I thought Gear and Go overlapped? I'm not big on 3DOF VR, so I haven't followed closely.
They did but not all apps, depending on the dev iirc.

Durante

Dark Souls Man
Oct 24, 2017
On the one hand, there are certainly several good games in that library.

On the other hand, by its nature the device excludes some of my favourite larger VR experiences (e.g. Fallout 4, The Forest, The Solus Project, Serious Sam or Skyrim). So that might reinforce the misconception that VR doesn't have "real games".

Of course, that whole argument is probably primarily an issue with "core" gamers, and those aren't really the target audience for the Quest in the first place.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
Wait this is getting robo recall? I'm shocked it can run it. Wonder if it'll get Lone Echo too?

Robo Recall's world was originally created as a mobile game environment tech demo. It was maybe 2-3 years later Robo Recall was announced. A lot of very clever static effects.

Fafalada

Oct 27, 2017
So that might reinforce the misconception that VR doesn't have "real games".
I think that won't necessarily be a problem for users new to VR. They have a fair chunk of popular Oculus exclusives, but more importantly they have VR's system seller - Beat Saber.
Obviously - like you already said, not really aimed at existing VR users.

Gobias-Ind

Nov 22, 2017
Here's some direct feed comparison footage of Dead and Buried 2 on Quest vs Rift S

Some clear lighting and shadow upgrades of course, but D&B is looking damn good for a portable VR FPS on Quest, imo

Also, some YouTuber says they were told at gdc that the "tennis game", Sports Scramble, will include baseball and bowling too.

Oct 25, 2017
Here's some direct feed comparison footage of Dead and Buried 2 on Quest vs Rift S

Some clear lighting and shadow upgrades of course, but D&B is looking damn good for a portable VR FPS on Quest, imo

Also, some YouTuber says they were told at gdc that the "tennis game", Sports Scramble, will include baseball and bowling too.

Quality looks good in D&B. Is Sports Scramble going to be the Wii Sports equivalent for VR? They just need to add golf in there. Exciting. We need a release date and launch lineup already!?!

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
Is Cross Buy automatic? I bought allot of those games on the Oculus store before I sold my Rift. I wonder if I will then have access to them on Quest?

Heid

Jan 7, 2018
6DOF OLED built in audio HMD with hand tracked controllers and all these games
Era: I sleep
Low res google cardboard but with a goose sitting on your face
Era: REAL SHIT

Deleted member 31333

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Is Cross Buy automatic? I bought allot of those games on the Oculus store before I sold my Rift. I wonder if I will then have access to them on Quest?
From what I've read it is possible but they are still leaving it up to each developer if they offer cross buy. I imagine it will be like the early days of the iPad where you had to rebuy most of your apps on the iPad that you already owned on the iPhone. I also get a developer wanting to get paid for porting their games. I can't say how much work it is though. If it's like porting a PS4 game to PS3 then they probably won't do cross-buy.

Hopefully as games release on both Rift and Quest at the same time, cross buy will become more common.

cakefoo

Nov 2, 2017
6DOF OLED built in audio HMD with hand tracked controllers and all these games
Era: I sleep
Low res google cardboard but with a goose sitting on your face
Era: REAL SHIT
Lower expectations, and more surprise.

The $400 Quest was revealed half a year ago, and I don't think anyone's shocked to find that the library and performance are worthy of the price tag. Also, Oculus software outlook and 6DOF VR in general are a known quantity, there's not much to speculate about, no pool of well-known IP's to fantasize about.

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017

Hadn't paid any attention to DB2, but that looks surprisingly good. I don't play shooters in VR because of the cord, but that's not an issue here:)

I was already pretty excited when Sports Scramble was just Tennis. That sounds killer. Maybe it'll get golf too. Wii Sports was my favorite Wii title, so this type of title definitely appeals to me.

Feb 10, 2018
At first I was a little disappointed by the specs they used, I was hoping for something beefier, like a high clocked nvidia X2.
But after learning a bit about the snapdragon 835 it's not to bad, it's GPU is about as good as the switches and the CPU is a lot better then switches.

While the visuals won't be as good as PSVR, rift or Vive I actually think it might be a better experience being completely untethered.
Graphics actually matter less then one would of thought, resolution and framerate are what really matter. A game with primitive PS2 style graphics is actually still very imersive and you just kind of accept it as a real place even though it does not look real.