• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Vonnegut

Banned
May 27, 2018
I guess I can just buy the series on DVD and be able to watch a lot of commentary and deleted scenes. I don't really use Netflix for much else except for Parks and Recreation.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
for stuff like this, it's best to just throw em on your itunes wishlist and buy em for a song at sale time

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like all these streaming services may actually get people to just buy the blu rays of their favorite shows and subscribe to only a few actual streaming services instead of subscribing for one long time show. Only those streaming services with a huge amount of original or long time content are gonna be able to hold people for long.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Might as well call NBC's streaming service The Officeflix because The Office is the only reason people will subscribe to it. This is why Netflix is spending so much money on Space Force.

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
Do all these streaming companies think that people won't peace out wholesale for everything except Disney and maybe Netflix/HBO/Prime?

All wanna get a piece of the pie and die trying

tabris

Oct 27, 2017
Ugh this market really needs consolidation

I want to max out at 3-4 streaming services

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
So much new content always getting released that I'm getting more and more indifferent to the loss of old shows. Often shows on my watchlist for years that I never get around to watch that expire and then come back without me even noticing. Lol

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like all these streaming services may actually get people to just buy the blu rays of their favorite shows and subscribe to only a few actual streaming services instead of subscribing for one long time show. Only those streaming services with a huge amount of original or long time content are gonna be able to hold people for long.

I do sorta regret not getting hard copies of shows like Stargate since it's locked behind a Stargate only streaming service. I like the show but not enough to subscribe to a separate service and not enough to buy a ~$200 complete set either.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Same thing is probably happening with Friends, as they'll be pulled off Netflix and put on WarnerMedia's incoming streaming service.

Not looking forward to this new era of streaming services

Achtung

Oct 25, 2017
Damn it... the NBC thing better be like 5 dollars a month... otherwise I need to just start looking for sales on Vudu of the seasons.. This is 70% of my Netflix traffic... perfect background noise for me.

cnorwood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I think the success of music streaming has these companies thinking people subscribe to streaming services because they have no other way of accessing the content and not for CONVENIENCE. Hulu, Amazon Prime, DC Universe, and PS+. I am done with more streaming services (I might get the disney one), I suspect as more services stratify content piracy will rise.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
This streaming service shit is gonna hit a saturation point.

I have no issue with Netflix and Hulu, as they have a large variety of shows and films. But why the fuck would I sub to a service with ONLY NBC content, or ONLY CBS content?

Oct 28, 2017
I have never had the urge to watch the show again. The departure of steve carrell and the assholes that pam and jim became soured me on it.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Netflix's most viewed shows by far are Friends and The Office. Their originals aren't nearly as popular. I think Netflix will be in trouble once The Office and Friends get pulled despite their best efforts to diversify.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Got the complete series for like $25 on iTunes a couple months back, so that's fine. This streaming service future is going to break at some point though. People won't pay for them all.

PIMPBYBLUD

Oct 27, 2017
Office is my most watched show on a Netflix with that said ain't no way I'm buying a subscription to that service. They can go fuck themselves. I'll find another way.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Netflix's most viewed shows by far are Friends and The Office. Their originals aren't nearly as popular. I think Netflix will be in trouble once The Office and Friends get pulled despite their best efforts to diversify.
On the flipside, NBC is putting a lot of stake into whether people will subscribe to their service for two of the most syndicated sitcoms in history. They're big gets, for sure, but it's hard to gauge how much they were a "nice to have" for Netflix, and how much they actually drove customers. Because god bless NBC, their lineup is pretty shitty, and I ain't subscribing to a Friends and Office service.

maigret

Jun 28, 2018

Physical media remains king.

ckareset

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Hottake, but is the office not that funny to anyone else. I swear the people I know dont care for it

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
man once Parks and Rec goes I will probably have no use for Netflix at all

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Same thing is probably happening with Friends, as they'll be pulled off Netflix and put on WarnerMedia's incoming streaming service.

Not looking forward to this new era of streaming services

Wait, didn't Netflix pay an absurd amount for Friends streaming rights? Would have expected that they'd get it for a decade at least.

Anyway, yeah, this is going to happen, so buckle in and wait it out. Everyone will make their own service, most of them will fail since nobody can compete with the IP libraries of people like Disney or the entrenched status of Netflix, so it'll consolidate out a while after that. Soon we'll be down to a solid 3-5 services, with high prices and monopoly protections for everyone!

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
I heard on the John Campea Show that the NBCUniversal service would be free w/ads, or maybe it was something that they were talking about experimenting with? One of the two
If it's the former I'd be fine with it (if I even liked The Office in the first place)