• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 3345

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So we got questions and sometimes we need an answer.

Well here we go. If I'm arsed I'll update this with super awesome answers.

Me said:
Really, I just need to know what it's called when you fry an egg by mixing in a bowl then frying both sides on high heat.

What's your question?

(I accept bitcoins as compensation for providing this thread.)

Last edited:

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone got a surefire way to get rid of hiccups? I feel like whenever I have that problem and Google it, whatever is recommended doesn't work for me.

EDIT: Got some good answers but if you have one don't hesitate.

Last edited:

Epcott

Oct 25, 2017
US, East Coast
Dumb gaming related question, but read it here in the Cyberpunk resurgence thread.

Star Citizen is still expected as PC exclusive, isn't it? Someone posted it coming to Xbone and I remember reading the creator distinctly said it will not be dumbed down for consoles. Surely, I didn't miss something. Did I?

FriedConsole

Oct 27, 2017
In shared households, do think there should be a default setting a toaster should be put back on after use?

Paltheos

Oct 25, 2017
I can see this getting out of hand quickly - I might recommend adding a line asking anyone whose question has been answered to edit their post confirming it's been answered to save time parsing through posts.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
  • Do we have a gaming side of this thread?
  • Has MS/PUBG confirmed that the console version is Xbox exclusive?
  • How do YouTubers and bloggers handle taxes and is it worth creating a blog for tax reasons?

PreeminentDB

Oct 25, 2017
If you have milk that's about to spoil, and then you make pudding out of the milk, is the pudding about to spoil?
Or does the transformation into pudding slow down the spoiled milk timeline?

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone got some recommendations for indoor slippers? Think those you often see in anime. With rubber soles too so that I don't get shocked every time I have to touch something lol.

Drinking water and beating my chest after does the trick for me

I don't get them very often, but holding my breath for a while usually works for me.
Gonna try these next time. Though beating my chest sounds like it'll get annoying.

I find forcing myself to burp a few times can clear up hiccups. Dunno why it works

This is what worked for me the other day. Had to try multiple times though.

Abu

Oct 25, 2017
😏
Anyone got a surefire way to get rid of hiccups? I feel like whenever I have that problem and Google it, whatever is recommended doesn't work for me.

Hold your nose and drink some water as fast as you can without letting go of your nose. That always did it for me.

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
As mentioned in another thread:

If doughnut holes don't exist, why can I eat them?

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
I always wonder, how does Gloria Allred make money by representing women in high profile cases? Doesn't she do everything pro bono?

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR

Hiccups are a nervous reflex. Clear your mind and focus on your breathing. They'll be gone shortly if you can Zen them out.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How do manual cars work? Like in Initial D and movies, the hell does all that shifting do?

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
How do manual cars work? Like in Initial D and movies, the hell does all that shifting do?
The transmission won't change gears in a manual car, so the driver has to do it. While the speed to change gears at can vary, once the RPMs are up around the red zone, it's time to shift into a higher gear. Manual transmissions can also vary in how many gears they have, 4 is low or maybe more outdated, 5 seems average, but you can get 6 in a high performance vehicle.

It's also necessary to downshift when losing speed suddenly.

But when it comes to trick driving, I have no idea.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone got a surefire way to get rid of hiccups?.
Drink some water continuously. Like 11ish swallows in a row without stopping. Doesn't have to be a lot of water in each swallow.

In shared households, do think there should be a default setting a toaster should be put back on after use?
I don't think so. That sounds like a "why didn't you put the toilet seat back down" sort of issue. Just check the setting before you use it.

It changes the power ratio between the engine and the wheels. A low gear means the engine turns the crank inside it several times over for each turn of the wheels, and a high gear means the engine turns once or less for each turn of the wheels.

Bike gears work the same way. Most automatic cars have gears too, except they just shift for you.

Moff

Oct 26, 2017

hold your breath and drink half a glass of water in small sips, works every time

GenericForumName

Banned for suspected use of alt account
Banned
Nov 26, 2017

When I get hiccups, I exhale as much air from my lungs as I can and then hold my breath for as long as I can. Works like a charm for me.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
So I bought these really nice black pants at Banana Republic, fit amazingly and look really good. I don't need them for work a whole lot, but when I need them, I NEED them

Anyway, I notice they attract an insane amount of hair/dust/whatever. I literally used a lint roller this morning, one sheet on each side of each pant leg (that's 4 sticky strips) and they were covered in hair less than 4 minutes later when I left the house. It's bad, like extremely noticeable bad. Any tips to bring down the cling?

Deleted member 20296

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017

miQXcf

No idea if that gif is working but follow it if not.

Think of a bike with gears as well, cars work similar.

Little cog you spin with your legs spins a big cog at back, easy work and fast start, then you make the front cog larger and back one smaller, so your leg revolutions turn more of the wheel and you go faster. It's also harder so easier to do at speed.

Cars also provide engine breaking, when you shift to lower gear the recs and resistance go up and the car slows, good for going in a corner then accelerating out

Last edited:

Sully

Oct 25, 2017
Is there some kind of covering for the arms of my couch I can buy online that works on lots of parts of the couch so I can protect it from my cats claws? I don't want to buy custom covers like I'm 80

ZoronMaro

Oct 30, 2017
Is there a list somewhere of all the BBcodes I can use on this site and what they do?

Also where's the spoiler button?

Trained Rage

Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Why is it when I get banned I cant log out of my profile? Making it so I cant even view ERA...? I have to open Explorer to brows it *shudders*

turtle553

Oct 25, 2017

Drink a thick milkshake through a straw. The cold and sucking helps clear up mine.