• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Chrysoberyl

Feb 24, 2024
I'm in London for the first time right now and I've had grey snot for the past three days. Internet says it's either pollution or some kind of sinus fungus. I'm still on steroids right now because I was having like a week long allergic reaction to something last week (not sure what). Should I swing by an urgent care while I'm here and can afford to do so?

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm in London for the first time right now and I've had grey snot for the past three days. Internet says it's either pollution or some kind of sinus fungus. I'm still on steroids right now because I was having like a week long allergic reaction to something last week (not sure what). Should I swing by an urgent care while I'm here and can afford to do so?
See what the medication says about how long to take it before seeing a doctor.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
nah, BBcode (here, and pretty much every other forum) doesn't supporting adding classes or CSS in that way to dynamically adjust them based on screensize. You might be able to wrap the images using the paragraph alignment options, but it's probably not worth the effort fighting with it on medium and up.

I wouldn't stress it though, looks good on mobile, having the characters stack is fine. And also after a couple days, everybody will ignore the original post anyway :D
Really appreciate the response! Yeah I suppose I'll just not worry too much about it at this point. Thanks for checking it out and letting me know you think it looks fine. 😛

Order of Out

Jan 31, 2022
[EDIT] Looking at using an airalo or dent eSim for some upcoming travel but I've never actually done it yet - anyone have suggestions for Germany, do they work? Need like 2 weeks of calling and data, literally have done very little research because I know Era has my back :)

Last edited:

NetMapel

Oct 25, 2017
[EDIT] Looking at using an airalo or dent eSim for some upcoming travel but I've never actually done it yet - anyone have suggestions for Germany, do they work? Need like 2 weeks of calling and data, literally have done very little research because I know Era has my back :)
A good question. I am also trying to understand it as well for upcoming trips. As an iPhone user, do I just download the app and I guess buy an eSIM through it. Then in iPhone's setting, choose that when I am in the destination?

Order of Out

Jan 31, 2022
A good question. I am also trying to understand it as well for upcoming trips. As an iPhone user, do I just download the app and I guess buy an eSIM through it. Then in iPhone's setting, choose that when I am in the destination?

That's how I read it, but having never done it before I don't know. Maybe I'll create a new thread to ask, someone here knows!

dab0ne

Oct 27, 2017
How do I apply 2fa for resetera? Is it in the website settings or is it something I do externally?

Edit: wanting it so I can use the buy sell trade thread.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Is there any free software or service for easy post scheduling on bluesky, threads and Twitter? Like, some kind of all in one solution? Bonus points for some type of overarching tweetdeck functionality.

ss_lemonade

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else seeing dead imgur links on Chrome with an iphone? Seems to have started happening for me yesterday. I tried testing another iphone through browserstack and saw the same issue. Requests seem to be returning a 429 error, which would be a rate limit-specific status. Safari works fine, as well as the imgur app.

Gemüsestäbchen

Otterly Amazing
Nov 1, 2017

Randomly saw this post - not sure if you're still there?

Have you been taking the underground?
It's absolutely filthy in those old Victorian tunnels with no ventilation - akin to smoking a cigarette per hour you're down there.
unfortunately you'll need to blow your nose to clear that gunk out each trip.

Also - My US partner begun having allergic reactions to random pollen/plants when visiting Europe in his mid-30s and anecdotely most of my friends and family started to get random allergies and intolerances around that age. Not sure if our life style or diet - but might just be time for you 😬

In terms of getting help - "urgent care" doesn't exist in UK - you can ask for maybe Over the counter antihistamines at a chemist (e.g. At a high street pharmacy such as Boots)
If you don't have a prescription for something, they can't give you something stronger unfortunately, if they think it's that serious maybe you can try the Accident & Emergency at a hospital - it will be a wait of upwards of 5 hours though... But indeed it's "free" - not sure if that's truly the case if you're a tourist tbh

Minamu

Nov 18, 2017
Sweden
There was recently a popup at the top of the forum about changing one's email to gmail and so on. Is there a thread or page where previous messages can be re-read? I tend to close them but now I want to read about it again.

Freewheelin

Nov 1, 2017
What do the numbers on a toaster mean? i always assumed it's how long you want the bread to be toasted, but maybe not lol

OrangeKnight

May 8, 2023
What do the numbers on a toaster mean? i always assumed it's how long you want the bread to be toasted, but maybe not lol

This is going to be hard to explain for me in English, but I will try anyway. Inside the toaster are these bendable metal strips. The number determines how much these elements are 'allowed' to warm up and bend. 1 slightly, 5 a lot. So if you put it on 5, it means it will get a much higher temperature

grang

Nov 13, 2017
This is maybe offtopic but does anyone know where this is from?

ibb.co

420391528-748944743887612-3183724191994590848-n hosted at ImgBB

Image 420391528-748944743887612-3183724191994590848-n hosted in ImgBB

I assume its AI, tried to reverse search it but found nothing on tinyeye. Was a random post on IG without any credits.
I'll keep looking when I'm on my computer but at least here's a couple more presumably by the same artist

View: https://twitter.com/GMan23677156/status/1774152847053205607

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Re parking: why does someone park in the same spot of another car that just left 2-5mins earlier and parking lot is empty?
I'd assume the same reason the first person parked in that spot, there must be something either consciously or subconsciously preferable about that particular spot. Could be near a machine or exit, maybe shaded etc.

TokiDoki

Jun 26, 2023
I'll keep looking when I'm on my computer but at least here's a couple more presumably by the same artist

www.facebook.com

Alphonse Marcel

Alphonse Marcel. 15,114 likes · 13,718 talking about this. Passionate by steampunk, dieselpunk, cyberpunk...

Found this, seems to be the artist.

Sir Wiart

Mar 11, 2024
Canada
I'd assume the same reason the first person parked in that spot, there must be something either consciously or subconsciously preferable about that particular spot. Could be near a machine or exit, maybe shaded etc.

I'm going to still believe it's a portal because this happens in large parking lots and tons of spots open. Car leaves and somebody decides to pick exact same one out of hundreds or thousands of other locations. Also talk about this when this happens esp my fiancé is with me when it goes down.

EchizenKurage

Apr 4, 2024
Dallas, TX
This is one of those "x you remember, names you don't" kinda questions but....

There was a thread a month back about chatGPT losing its mind and in one of the replies someone posted an image of the most unhinged, catatonic existential "poem" Id ever read. Unfortunately now it's a dead link, and I've tried googling, so it anyone knows what I'm talking about, pls halp!

Edit: here is the thread:

www.resetera.com

ChatGPT is going haywire, Arsenal Gear style

Article on arstechnica Excerpts courtesy of reddit : Getting strong MGS2 vibes from this (Spoilers) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68mbFvenlaQ Another thing Prophet Kojima predicted correctly eh ? Also why ChatGPT isn't going to replace your M.D. anytime soon.

Image in question was in post #5

JackSwift

Oct 28, 2017
Does anyone else remember when McDonald's sold street tacos back when they first introduced the Dollar Menu? I can't find any trace of it online and it's driving me crazy. It was ground beef, onions, cilantro, on a small tortilla like the taco trucks sell, for $1. Nobody believes me but I know they existed. Street tacos at McDonald's were real dammit!

Judau

Oct 28, 2017
Probably a dumb question, but why in the hell does Spotify seemingly erase all the songs off my micro SD card every time I manually restart my phone? At least it doesn't happen whenever it restarts after an update, thankfully.

Does anyone else remember when McDonald's sold street tacos back when they first introduced the Dollar Menu? I can't find any trace of it online and it's driving me crazy. It was ground beef, onions, cilantro, on a small tortilla like the taco trucks sell, for $1. Nobody believes me but I know they existed. Street tacos at McDonald's were real dammit!

I don't remember anything like that. Was it an American thing? I'm in Canada. I do remember shaker fries, though. Was that a thing in your part of the world?

JackSwift

Oct 28, 2017
Probably a dumb question, but why in the hell does Spotify seemingly erase all the songs off my micro SD card every time I manually restart my phone? At least it doesn't happen whenever it restarts after an update, thankfully.

I don't remember anything like that. Was it an American thing? I'm in Canada. I do remember shaker fries, though. Was that a thing in your part of the world?
Im in Bay Area California. Im guessing it was a regional thing but even my friends and people i ask here at work don't remember it. Im feeling all kinds of Mandela Effect lol

MR2

Apr 14, 2022
Why does my workday app require me to log in every single time despite me clicking on the ask me every 60 day option? It used to work fine before but not anymore.

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Why does my workday app require me to log in every single time despite me clicking on the ask me every 60 day option? It used to work fine before but not anymore.

Do you have something that blocks tracking/cookies like privacy badger or adblock?
My workplace switched over to Workday a few months ago and every single Employee has this issue. I'm talking 20+ complaints about it.

It could be Privacy related, but if so we're likely talking about it as default settings.

Uhhhhh this said it would be awesome if there was something to make it stop aside from turning off default securities lol.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
Who writes the Netflix one sentence descriptions of the show/movies? I just saw this for Stowaways.

Anna Kendrick and Toni Collette star as astronauts facing an alarming moral dilemma in this space thriller that IndieWire calls "nerve-shredding"

I thought it was all done by people at Netflix because they seemed to have an annoying house style that wasn't all that descriptive or enticing but they've somehow made it worse.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
Is there an EASY TO USE website that will tell me how much direct sunlight one of my windows gets based on my location and which direction it faces?

All I can seem to find are these super complex website tools that require me to input a shit ton of data that I don't really understand. I just want to know which window to put my damn house plant in lol.

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
Don't know about a website, but assuming you live in the northern hemisphere, windows that face south will get the most direct sunlight, east and west would be roughly equal, and north would get the least. This also assumes that you don't have any other buildings or things obstructing your windows.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
Don't know about a website, but assuming you live in the northern hemisphere, windows that face south will get the most direct sunlight, east and west would be roughly equal, and north would get the least. This also assumes that you don't have any other buildings or things obstructing your windows.

I'm in a 3rd floor apartment with another 3 floor building across the street from my southeast facing window. The building across the street doesn't really block the sun much at all though. I just need to make sure my plant is getting "Full Sun(tm) (R)". Guess I can stick it in this window and see how it does.