• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

bulletbill10

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm having trouble in threads where pictures won't load. Sometimes it makes space for a picture, but nothing shows up. Seems others are seeing them based on how the thread goes though. Is this a known problem with a fix? If so, what is this fix? Thanks for any help!

Deleted member 14002

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm having trouble in threads where pictures won't load. Sometimes it makes space for a picture, but nothing shows up. Seems others are seeing them based on how the thread goes though. Is this a known problem with a fix? If so, what is this fix? Thanks for any help!

Was a known issue previously with HTTPS but I think that's fixed. Might be the source isn't a URL so it doesn't resolve.

As for a workaround rehost on:
https://u.teknik.io

Why is it when I get banned I cant log out of my profile? Making it so I cant even view ERA...? I have to open Explorer to brows it *shudders*

Don't get banned.

Alternatively delete cookies or go incognito in your preferred browser.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Is there a difference?

Genuine question, btw :)
pannkakor2gsfw.jpg

vs
pancakesv2j3r.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
I have a bunch of watched threads but the latest one I watched is generating a notification every time someone posts in it. How do you toggle this?

Hooky

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You're welcome ZoronMaro

How exactly do you post images on here...

You can either click the image button (sixth from the right) at the top of the reply box and paste your link or manually use the "[ IMG ] link [ /IMG ]" tags. As noted upthread, there seems to be an issue with https and images here (or at least there was), so if you link to something on imgur it may be helpful to drop the "s."

Daheza

Oct 29, 2017
Venice, CA
I'm thinking about doing some twitch streams with my friends. My yeti omnidirectional isn't that great. I was thinking about moving up to a digital mixer and lavaliar mics. Does anyone know of a good one? Also does anyone have any other thoughts on how to accomplish this? We play couch coop games and board games.

mintzilla

Nov 6, 2017
Canada
I don't understand why barometric pressure is stated in hectopascals. Like wtf why not just use kilo pascals like a regular human.

Ribs

Dec 10, 2017
Anyone got a surefire way to get rid of hiccups? I feel like whenever I have that problem and Google it, whatever is recommended doesn't work for me.

EDIT: Got some good answers but if you have one don't hesitate.

If you don't have anything to drink, the easiest way to stop them is to simply inhale and hold your breath for a few seconds, then inhale a little more (You really want to fill up your lungs). Then proceed to exhale as slowly as possible until all air is out.

This controlled exhaling is what stops the muscle spams (hiccups). Repeat as necessary.

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The transmission won't change gears in a manual car, so the driver has to do it. While the speed to change gears at can vary, once the RPMs are up around the red zone, it's time to shift into a higher gear. Manual transmissions can also vary in how many gears they have, 4 is low or maybe more outdated, 5 seems average, but you can get 6 in a high performance vehicle.

It's also necessary to downshift when losing speed suddenly.

But when it comes to trick driving, I have no idea.
You both don't wait until redline to change gear, nor do you need to change down gears when slowing down.

GuavaTin

Nov 17, 2017
Are there any good underwater sea monsters in the last few years? be it games movies or tv shows, easter eggs or otherwise?

Gaardus

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure it has been asked before, but do you use your username as the guiding principle behind which threads you make?

leeky

Oct 27, 2017
What goes good with collards? I've had these in my fridge for a week and am cooking them up now.

robotzombie

Oct 25, 2017
okay here's mine:

I have been using an ipod for the past like 8 years to listen to music just out of general laziness and also not wanting to put all my music on my phone and then drain my phone battery. It's really starting to crap out on me and I was wondering about getting a nice 32 gig mp3 player but I have no idea what is good or how cheap I can get something for. Any suggestions? (I really don't need anything fancy)

Zelas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you don't have anything to drink, the easiest way to stop them is to simply inhale and hold your breath for a few seconds, then inhale a little more (You really want to fill up your lungs). Then proceed to exhale as slowly as possible until all air is out.

This controlled exhaling is what stops the muscle spams (hiccups). Repeat as necessary.
I skip that and just do the deep exhale while squeezing my diaphragm. Exhaling like that for 5 seconds and I'm good. Afaik hiccups happen because your body is trying to get air out of your stomach. Seems counter intuitive since ingesting liquids (milkshake, wtf lol) or inhaling beforehand are usually causes of the problem. Besides those remedies are usually accompanied by a exhale right after.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Why the fuck do my feet hurt/sting when I go to take a shower after not taking one for a day and a half? This even happens when I stand on a dirty mat barefoot. What gives?

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
You both don't wait until redline to change gear, nor do you need to change down gears when slowing down.
Is that how I sounded? Lol. Sorry. Not what I meant.

Don't redline your engine, folks. Shift before then.

Downshifting is important to pick up speed after dropping a lot of speed.

Just, learn to drive a manual. It makes sense in process but words fail.

Mhaz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is there any place online where you can go to watch all of the old Iron Chef Japan episodes?

The US version is garbage and I really need a fix. I miss that show.

Also, this thread needs to be stickied.

Deleted member 31133

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
What would happen if the Earth's core just disappeared leaving an empty hole in it's place. From my 10 year old, but my understanding of physics is not good enough to answer it.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
When resetera opened, how was it determined who could post threads day 1?
Everyone that registered at the start got in through codes given out in the Discord communities. Everyone that got in that way was from the old place and verified through vetting in each community, and everyone that registered with one of those codes became fully "member" status. The only people that were on Era for the first few days were people that got in this way, and then they opened up registration and added the Junioring system.

All the people you see with the Community Resetter/Resettler are the admins of a Discord community. I'm the admin of the Shin Megami Tensei one.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
When resetera opened, how was it determined who could post threads day 1?
Known community members who had pre-signed up to various discord communities were invited to register before the official opening of the site, and were credited with being full members without going through the standard (though invisible) junior member waiting period. There were around 10k of them.

A few individuals who did a lot of work in those discord communities were invited to register VERY early, for the purpose of remaking OT threads for their communites. These are the ones with the tag of Community Resettler. Although some of them may have waived the tag. And a few others have a misspelled tag lol.

Animus Vox

Oct 30, 2017
NYC
Everyone that registered at the start got in through codes given out in the Discord communities. Everyone that got in that way was from the old place and verified through vetting in each community, and everyone that registered with one of those codes became fully "member" status. The only people that were on Era for the first few days were people that got in this way, and then they opened up registration and added the Junioring system.

All the people you see with the Community Resetter/Resettler are the admins of a Discord community. I'm the admin of the Shin Megami Tensei one.

Known community members who had pre-signed up to various discord communities were invited to register before the official opening of the site, and were credited with being full members without going through the standard (though invisible) junior member waiting period. There were around 10k of them.

A few individuals who did a lot of work in those discord communities were invited to register VERY early, for the purpose of remaking OT threads for their communites. These are the ones with the tag of Community Resettler. Although some of them may have waived the tag. And a few others have a misspelled tag lol.
Ah, I thought linking your previous profile would be good enough but I could see certain flaws with that.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Can you make teriyaki sauce without mirin or vinegar?
Substitutions can be made, but you have to consider the purpose of the ingredient being substituted. Vinegar is used as a light acid, helpful for tenderizing meat fibers during marination. It could be replaced in theory with a citric acid (smaller quantity) plus enough liquid alternative to make up for the loss of liquidity. Or another ingredient/combo with the same purpose. But, this will absolutely affect the flavor profile a bit.

Not sure about mirin.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
What's a good feel-good youtube channel? I'm depressed and tired from seeing angry people yelling and screaming at each other about everything.

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Dumb gaming related question, but read it here in the Cyberpunk resurgence thread.

Star Citizen is still expected as PC exclusive, isn't it? Someone posted it coming to Xbone and I remember reading the creator distinctly said it will not be dumbed down for consoles. Surely, I didn't miss something. Did I?

It will be PC only, I have a hard time imagining how that title would work on PC.