• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Arol

Avenger
Dec 29, 2017
I have quick question.

I need to restrict a document from editing in word but need people to be able to still add watermarks to it.

I have failed at googling. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Anuiran

Oct 27, 2017
Making a game guide website. Curious on naming sections.

Main focus is full game guides / walkthroughs - these are not wikis but custom made guides covering every part of a game, like 100-500 pages per game. Then also have "smaller guides" one page guides that have a single topic on a game. Aka a game I didn't dedicate doing a full guide on or a small game that only requires a single page.

What would you name these two sections on the navigation bar to differentiate them? Right now I have "Full Game Guides" and "Single Guides".

Purdy

Oct 27, 2017
There was a thread on game side that had deva sharing crazy workarounds they did in games when they encountered problems, like using animations of a unit as a counter or hiding things in clouds in a game, can't find it/remember the title though

grang

Nov 13, 2017
So I check for news on Spelunky 2 every couple weeks or so, last week I saw that there had been a Limited Run Games run for Spelunky including a collector's edition.

https://limitedrungames.com/collect...-collectors-edition-pc?variant=13213318643765

It says "A small amount of Collector's Editions will be available through Fangamer at a later date."

My question is, does anyone have a recommendation for the best way for me to be notified when it's going to go on sale? I would love to own it. Is signing up for their newsletter sufficient? Do they announce things on Twitter, and if so, is there a way to get pinged only when they mention Spelunky?

3bdelilah

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Is there a Firefox night mode add-on that doesn't use a whitelist to keep a website on light mode, but instead, for a lack of better words, blacklist? Basically what I mean is that all those night mode add-ons darken ALL websites, and you have whitelists that you can use to exclude websites you want to remain light. But I'm looking for a night mode add-on that doesn't automatically darken a website UNLESS you specifically tell it to.

Brakke

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
[QUOTE
TY0bZyl.jpg
[/QUOTE]

iOS Safari, everything up to date.

Anybody can tell me how to make these suggestions circled in red stop showing up? They get added above my keyboard when I hit the url bar sometimes.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
When you system transfer from an old 3DS to a new 3ds xl, does the internal memory of the old one get wiped?

Grahf

Oct 27, 2017
There's someone opening 2 to 3 very debatable threads a day, sometimes because he found a funny video, sometimes because he saw a poll, and some things even more futile than that...
Is there any way to find all the threads started by someone who has his profile set on private ?
Also, should I ignore this user, will I still see his threads when I'm browsing the EtcetEra subforum ?

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
There's someone opening 2 to 3 very debatable threads a day, sometimes because he found a funny video, sometimes because he saw a poll, and some things even more futile than that...
Is there any way to find all the threads started by someone who has his profile set on private ?
Also, should I ignore this user, will I still see his threads when I'm browsing the EtcetEra subforum ?
Yes, the advanced search will let you search all threads posted by a member.
If you ignore the user their threads will not appear to you when logged in. Also even another member quoting them won't appear to you.

GLHFGodbless

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone know the best sub 300 dollar chrome book for a mom who will only use it for internet/facebook/Netflix? Googling it gives me a million options, I just need something that will last a couple of years with light use and Isn't total garbage. Touch screen is a plus but not necessary.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
Anyone get occasional interference in their bluetooth headphones when near a laptop/PC with bluetooth/wi-fi?

Example: I'll be listening to a podcast from my iPhone w/ Skullcandy bluetooth headphones. I'll wake my laptop up from sleep mode and have a couple seconds of a crackling sound? Then it goes away and it sounds fine. Have had a similar experience while working on another PC. My main desktop has no bluetooth/wi-fi, and never noticed this happen near that PC.

DrKelpo

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I'm looking for an Android game, I played some months ago. I can't find it in my play store "history" unfortunately.
It was a top down car game where you steered through traffic, over mountain passes etc while constantly being chased.
You have a whole arsenal at your disposal like rockets and machine guns, which you can level up if I remember correctly.
There were several tracks to play on and I think they looped at a certain point but were rather long.
The visuals were kinda cartoony, maybe a bit blocky... something like that.

What else ... there was a lot of regular traffic as well, like busses etc, that you could blow up.

Please help!

/edit .. found it.. it's called "Brake To Die"

Last edited:

catashtrophe

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Is there anyway for me to get a digital copy of Avengers Infinity War in Dolby Vision from the UK?

I got the HDR digital copy on my LG TV (Rakuten TV) but read the DV version was way better and just want to see it.

Last edited:

legendofgood

Oct 25, 2017
Someone posted a creepy vid on Resetera. It was animated and I think it was some kind of clown talking in a deep voice to someone about the Philadelphia Experiment. I can't for the life of me find it. Did I dream this? Haha.

NateDog

Jan 8, 2018
I'm looking to get a poster made of something. There are some official printed ones but they're all pretty small and I'm looking for it printed as a wall poster. I've gotten it done before but can't remember what site I used, does anyone have any suggestions? Based in the UK / Ireland.

Oct 26, 2017
Appalachia
There's this old writeup a game dev put up somewhere about working with Suda, I can't find it anymore and was curious if anyone here might know where I can dig it up.

I explicitly remember it being a sort of "review"/retrospective of the game in question, but it particularly emphasized Suda's flashy clothes and specifically this pair of jeans he had that had two zippers in the crotch (one being a fake zipper on top of the real one). How Suda would show up every couple weeks with garbage bags full of clothes he'd give away. The guy mentioned one of the devs at the studio (might have been Clover at the time) respecting him because he considered God Hand a masterpiece. Ended with something along the lines of "What do I think of x game? I lived it."

P-Tux7

Mar 11, 2019
As a bisexual man, I've been struggling between picking the first due to logical reasoning, and the second due to emotional reasoning (because I know it's what I would have loved when I was younger):
Do you guys think LGBT representation in media should be demographic-proportional (to show that real life has ~10% of humans as gay to name one group) or "ethical-proportional" (have a 50/50 split between gay and straight to show that the creators do not prefer straightness more than homosexuality)?
I just don't like getting told that I'm just as valid as a straight person but the representation does not amount to as much as straight relationships.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My kids smashed my laptop. My backup laptop is over a decade old and stopped getting firefox updates. How dangerous is it to use it online? AVG antivirus still updates.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
My kids smashed my laptop. My backup laptop is over a decade old and stopped getting firefox updates. How dangerous is it to use it online? AVG antivirus still updates.
you could try installing linux on it if you want something more secure & upto date. ubuntu will run on a potato. you'll need a computer to make a usb to boot it off of though.

CrankyJay

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What's up with this twitter trend (especially on sports accounts) of men saying how their wives left them?

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've got a weed question.

I usually get 2.5 grams at a time and I smoke it within 5-6 days (roughly two bowls a night). I've never made edibles before, how long could I stretch out that amount of weed if I baked with it?

Oct 25, 2017
México
Hello, all.

Some time ago, I saw an image with an historical quote. It was from WWII if I recall correctly, and I think it was from a USA president (maybe the president at the time?).

The quote was about the horrors he saw, and it said something like bringing all the cameras and documenting everything so that people in the future can't deny and can't forget what happened.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Hello, all.

Some time ago, I saw an image with an historical quote. It was from WWII if I recall correctly, and I think it was from a USA president (maybe the president at the time?).

The quote was about the horrors he saw, and it said something like bringing all the cameras and documenting everything so that people in the future can't deny and can't forget what happened.

That was Eisenhower talking about the Holocaust:

"Get it all on record now. Get the films, get the witnesses because somewhere down the road of history some bastard will get up and say that this never happened."