• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lucky Forward

Oct 27, 2017
You have to manually remove a link, by clicking the "html toggle" button (see pic), then removing the [URL=] [/URL] tags.
capture_2019-01-01-08vse9b.png

capture_2019-01-01-08pfch1.png

Thanks, it's good to know it can still be done, although it was easier the old way.

Big Al

Oct 25, 2017
New York
In the USA it's accepted that college graduation doesn't occur until age 22 at best. If you're on track for that you're not behind. If you went a different path you're still not behind.

Do people around you contribute to the feeling? If so that could be an unhealthy environment for you. Or, if it all comes from inside, you may have anxiety and could be evaluated by a professional to see if it's interfering in your life. Or it might be your conscience telling you not to waste time watching tv when you could be productive. It depends how bad it is, really.

Think it comes from inside, everyone around me is telling me the opposite but I can't seem to convince myself of the fact

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Think it comes from inside, everyone around me is telling me the opposite but I can't seem to convince myself of the fact
Fair enough.
Well if you have decent health coverage, it may not hurt to look around for a therapist or psychologist or psychiatrist, just to check that your mental habits aren't crossing the line into depressive behavior. I'm no mental health expert, just someone who has read a lot, so my recommendations should hold less weight than your family doc's.

If you don't have great coverage, or you just don't want to talk about this stuff with your parents who would see the bills or something, you can try doing some reading on Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), which has a goal of retraining the way a person thinks to be generally more positive. While it can feel a bit (you won't get this lol) Stuart Smalley-esque, that doesn't mean it isn't useful. Just let reactions that say "this is silly" wash over you and then do the work. Because it's bothering enough to ask, so it's worth a bit of effort.

Airegin

Dec 10, 2017
Here's my question... I'm 20 years old, I don't feel like I've accomplished enough. Have I wasted my life? I struggle with this idea a lot. If I evaluate the notion it seems like I'm overreacting and I have just as much as most people in those regards, no matter how many people tell me I'm young it feels like I'm behind and I won't be able to do the things I want.

I feel this now at 29 (30 very soon) and I wish almost daily I could be 22 again. I strongly believe I could have accomplished so much more if I had made better decisions from then on.

If you have even a slight idea of what you want to do with your life you can start right now at 20 and avoid having to live with so many regrets. You shouldn't have anything to regret yet at your age. Just know what you want and work towards that goal every day.

Terraj_RSL

Feb 8, 2018
Thanks, it's good to know it can still be done, although it was easier the old way.
Hehe yeah the other way is much easier. But another tip is to use the "html toggle" button is when you're adding multiple picture to a post. Instead of each image taking up space in the reply-box, you'll only see the [IMG] [/IMG] tags making it easier to edit, especially on mobile.

Drain You

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Connecticut
Any of you turned off immediately from buying something on Amazon after seeing zero reviews for the seller? Its something I've never paid attention to but I've also never had any issues ordering anything. I was about to order something just now and after reading the full description I obviously decided not to order, and sure enough zero reviews.
So cool ear gauge surely make you be the most dazzling one in the crow.
So I guess now zero reviews makes me a skeptic.

Terraj_RSL

Feb 8, 2018
Any of you turned off immediately from buying something on Amazon after seeing zero reviews for the seller? Its something I've never paid attention to but I've also never had any issues ordering anything. I was about to order something just now and after reading the full description I obviously decided not to order, and sure enough zero reviews.

So I guess now zero reviews makes me a skeptic.
I would check online/google for other reviews. But regardless Amazon has a good return policy, so if you don't like the product you can just return it.

EdiT: Now I'm curious as to what the item is?

Drain You

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Connecticut
I would check online/google for other reviews. But regardless Amazon has a good return policy, so if you don't like the product you can just return it.

EdiT: Now I'm curious as to what the item is?

Thats why I've never really concerned myself with reviews on Amazon. They have always been great with returning items or damages and whatnot. Also it wasn't anything that good.

https://www.amazon.com/Surgical-Tun...d=1546412790&sr=1-22&nodeID=17880323011&psd=1

Stretched my ears again after finding a good job. Was looking for something like that for one ear in 7/8ths.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
You know how sometimes on Twitter profiles, people will display their preferred gender pronouns? I was really confused a minute ago when I saw someone who put "He/Them." I've seen, "He/Him," "She/Her," "They/Them," but this one just doesn't make any sense to me, since I've never heard of He and Him having different connotations.

Anybody have any insight on this?

Deleted member 426

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I noticed that the Switch version of World of FF didn't have an hours played counter, when the PS4 version did. I also couldn't find time spent playing on Skyrim.

Is this a standard thing? Are there any games which tell you exactly how many hours you've been playing for?

Tegami

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a middle school teacher. There are tons of videos on YouTube that I feel would be very helpful for my students, but when I preview the video at home I'll find that the creator has thrown in a swear word of two, thereby preventing me from being able to show it. Is there some sort of extension or way for me to insert my own *bleeps* over a video?

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
I'm a middle school teacher. There are tons of videos on YouTube that I feel would be very helpful for my students, but when I preview the video at home I'll find that the creator has thrown in a swear word of two, thereby preventing me from being able to show it. Is there some sort of extension or way for me to insert my own *bleeps* over a video?

The only way to do it is to download the video yourself and then edit it.

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
anyone get a cavity filled recently? how painful is it? I haven't had one since i was like 8

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
anyone get a cavity filled recently? how painful is it? I haven't had one since i was like 8
Depends how deep/close to the root it is and how much your dentist needs to clear out. They should warn you if they expect there to be some pain, otherwise it should just be uncomfortable rather than painful.

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
I was recently wondering, my xbox One X plays 4k movies but the movies okay through the Blu Ray app, am I really getting a 4k viewing experience with the Xbox player or does a standalone 4k player do a better job?

Transistor

The Walnut King
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.

Terraj_RSL

Feb 8, 2018
As long as the dentist gives you a numbing shot, you shouldn't feel anything.
Just going off of personal experience, but we didn't give our daughter a pillow or any stuffed animals in her crib until she could stand up, so about 1.
I never knew about the pillow wait-times for infants, what's the reason you don't give them a pillow?

NateDog

Jan 8, 2018
I was recently wondering, my xbox One X plays 4k movies but the movies okay through the Blu Ray app, am I really getting a 4k viewing experience with the Xbox player or does a standalone 4k player do a better job?
From what I have read on this (as I considered getting an X1S/X for the games as well as the 4K Blu-ray player), the system's 4K player is solid and does the job, but there are much better 4K players out there for sure. But that's not from first-hand experience just the consensus of a lot of opinions I've seen.

Tygre

Oct 25, 2017
Chesire, UK
You know how sometimes on Twitter profiles, people will display their preferred gender pronouns? I was really confused a minute ago when I saw someone who put "He/Them." I've seen, "He/Him," "She/Her," "They/Them," but this one just doesn't make any sense to me, since I've never heard of He and Him having different connotations.

Anybody have any insight on this?
Refer to people as they wish to be referred to.

There are no rules about self identity, just be respectful and kind.

I noticed that the Switch version of World of FF didn't have an hours played counter, when the PS4 version did. I also couldn't find time spent playing on Skyrim.

Is this a standard thing? Are there any games which tell you exactly how many hours you've been playing for?
You normally have to wait for 10 days after you first play a game before you get an hours played counter on the Switch, is it still not showing up after 10 days have passed?

Deleted member 426

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Refer to people as they wish to be referred to.

There are no rules about self identity, just be respectful and kind.

You normally have to wait for 10 days after you first play a game before you get an hours played counter on the Switch, is it still not showing up after 10 days have passed?
So this is in game. So really my question was: are there any games with in game timers? I basically wonder if Switch isn't actually able to accurately count hours played, and that's why Skyrim and WoFF don't have hours played counters, and why Switch doesn't have an accurate activity log. Because if that's the case, then we'll never get a 3DS style log.

Minamu

Nov 18, 2017
Sweden
On an Android phone, how do I change what 8 "favorite" sites are shown as shortcuts when I open a new tab in Chrome? My phone places the weirdest one time visits there and it bugs me a lot.

m23

Oct 25, 2017
Is there an easy way to copy a link from the address bar in the browser on an android phone? Every time I press and hold in the address bar, it only selects part of the address for some reason.

Minamu

Nov 18, 2017
Sweden
Is there an easy way to copy a link from the address bar in the browser on an android phone? Every time I press and hold in the address bar, it only selects part of the address for some reason.
You should get the "copy text" popup and some dots on the right. If you click on those, you get the option to mark everything in the field.

My own question. My facebook on android is stuck on showing I have an unread message (top right corner) but I'm dead certain I don't. Can I fix this somehow?

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
When you get hurt, is it normal to kiss your own boo-boos?
Doesn't matter if it's abnormal. It's unhygienic and could worsen the hurt if there's any skin break.

On the other hand, if the psychology of it helps you enough to overcome the trauma enough to be of more service to you then the not-germifying a wound would be, go for it.

Stouffers

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't matter if it's abnormal. It's unhygienic and could worsen the hurt if there's any skin break.

On the other hand, if the psychology of it helps you enough to overcome the trauma enough to be of more service to you then the not-germifying a wound would be, go for it.
I thought, like dirt, human saliva/urine has healing properties.

Neverfade

Oct 25, 2017
Is there an app for a twitter alternative that:

-Is ad free (and preferably filters out promoted tweets)
-displays tweets chronologically without switching back to "top tweets" bullshit
-has a nite/dark theme

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I thought, like dirt, human saliva/urine has healing properties.
Dog saliva apparently yes.

Human saliva absolutely not.

Mud was used to try to draw out poison, such as on a bee sting, but probably doesn't work because the circulation is too fast and the poison is already moved around before the mud dries. Also why we no longer "suck the poison out" of snakebites.

Sounds like you need to read up on medical stuff instead of listening to old wives tales.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hi everyone. I have KH3 pre-ordered from a long, long time ago on Amazon and I'm getting it for like 40 dollars somehow(got locked in at a super low price at one point on amazon some years ago). I want to use a $50 dollar amazon gift card towards it but I know it can be kind of risky changing payment info for an order so close to release. Is there any danger of me losing the low price I'm getting it for if I mess around with the payment info now?