• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Taki

Attempt to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Never understood the complaints.

Look at the visuals. Look at the tone.

It's uplifting and portrays a narrative of humanity's beginning to its future.

It's hopeful and totally Trek.

Last edited:

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
good stuff.

some people (who are resistant to change of any sort and react in really mature ways) hated it because it wasn't a instrumental orchestral piece.

The Orz

Dec 5, 2017
I agree. I also believe that Enterprise has some of the best character development in the series. We're currently re-watching it now (just started Season 3) and it's frustrating knowing the show never got and will never get the time it deserved to really evolve into something special.

(For the record, I consider myself a fan of the series in general and don't actively dislike any of the shows--though DS9 and Enterprise would absolutely be considered my favorites).

That 3rd grade Bryan Adams knockoff christian-rock theme was so out of place there, lol.

If you took a moment to think about it the theme--a Diane Warren song--matches the message of the show perfectly. But hey, let's try to be witty and make a tired joke about it instead.

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's definitely a Bush era thing.

But I've got a soft spot for it. The montage showing mankind's advancement is nice.

OP
OP
Taki

Taki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The series turns 18 years old this year, by the way.

We're getting old.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
The visuals are awesome but I will tell u as a life long Star Trek fan and Quantum Leap fan who was HYPED for a Star Trek show lead by Scott Bacula....who after seven years of Voyager was waiting to hear those magic words "Space... The Final Frontier"

That hype was brutally murdered by the first three lines of that generic pop song.

Then the episode sucked too...

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
I don't like the music, and the opening's efforts to represent and celebrate humanity's achievements in spaceflight, while tying them with the fictional achievements of Starfleet, are fundamentally undermined by how US-centric the whole thing is. Like, Trek's always had issues with how it centralises America, but Enterprise's opening is still a huge step down from 'We put a Russian on the bridge of Enterprise in our show made during the cold war'.

The concept isn't inherently bad, but the execution is bleh. Which is kinda Enterprise in a nutshell.

(I'm still amazed they managed to make Scott Bakula so incredibly unlikable as Archer. Like, that takes real work.)

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
I loved it. Very inspirational. A lot of fans hated it because it wasn't Trek enough.

PLANETES also appear to have taken inspiration from the Enterprise intro.

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
I got used to the original, it was kinda comfy but that disastrous remix after Season 3...

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
I loved it. Very inspirational. A lot of fans hated it because it wasn't Trek enough.

PLANETES also appear to have taken inspiration from the Enterprise intro.

Honestly, I think PLANETES is a great example of how you take the concept behind the Enterprise intro, and do it right. It's also much more thematically resonant with the story of the actual show it's tied to.

Opto

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I couldn't get past the unearned arrogance of the humans, the total downgrade of a captain from Sisko to... Tyler, I want to say? A real Todd of a name.

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
No way in hell. The only reason the shitty buttrock song is there is because they chickened out on using the original music intended for the open, which became Archer's Theme.

Now that is a fucking Star Trek opening.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
One of the worst songs ever produced by human civilization, for sure. Visuals are good.

It's still TNG or Voyager in terms of the whole package.

Betelgeuse

Nov 2, 2017
No way in hell. The only reason the shitty buttrock song is there is because they chickened out on using the original music intended for the open, which became Archer's Theme.

Good call. Much better.

Sidenote: Discovery's theme sucks badly. It's a poor work of composition. Spends too much time on the same for chords without any interesting voice leading, harmony, or melody in general, and then abruptly changes course to shoehorn the TOS melody.

neon_dream

Dec 18, 2017
It was cheesy and bad and disappointing. Just like everything about that show.

Better.

h1nch

Dec 12, 2017
Holy hell I forgot how awful that original intro song was.

Seeing this makes me appreciate the Discovery intro even more.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places

That music fits so much better.

I was gonna reply to the OP that Discovery's theme is a good example of post Jerry Goldsmith trek music. Also the presentation and usage of age of discovery visuals was clever.

Bio

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denver, Colorado
If you took a moment to think about it the theme--a Diane Warren song--matches the message of the show perfectly. But hey, let's try to be witty and make a tired joke about it instead.

Dude it's a bad song, no need to get feisty lol

I love Enterprise, and I like that they tried something new with the opening, but c'mon that song is corny af, and wasn't even supposed to be the theme, anyway.

I get the love for Enterprise, because I share it with you, but you don't have to go all in

ProtomanNeo

Oct 27, 2017
I can appreciate it more now, but back when it came out I was Treked out, or more appropriately Berman and Bragaed out and hated it.

Oct 25, 2017
good visuals, god awful song

The MU intro was awesome though, almost made me root for them.

Wow this is so much better.

Oct 28, 2017
You guys are crazy. That theme gives me hope maybe because I was in the navy and this came out like right after 9/11 but adore this shit. Top 15 theme song all time!

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Definitely my favourite star trek opening. The visuals and lyrics fit perfectly with the premise of the show.

Deleted member 10193

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I have no issues with Faith of the Heart but have to admit I prefer that one. Makes me want to watch Enterprise. Hell I've been thinking about starting from ENT and going through EVERY episode of Trek again using timeline order rather than airdate.

OP
OP
Taki

Taki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
RIP Ensign Cutler. Kelly Waymire Passed away at age 36 in the year 2003.
latest