• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Plum

May 31, 2018
I've been wanting more ports of the OG Doom games for a while now. 100% gonna buy these whenever they appear in Europe.

EDIT: Seems like the UK prices are £3.99 for 1/2 and £7.99 for 3. Damn good prices imo considering how much content each game comes with.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
I need the old cheat codes to be in there, enabling via the Switch's OS overlay keyboard. IDKFA!

BrokenFiction

Oct 25, 2017
ATL
qbUPFDI.gif

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The X360 ports of the original games are excellent, proving that Doom games with a controller are actually very enjoyable. This likely won't be different.

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Here's the info if the OP would be so nice to add to the OP. Passing Assassin

DOOM (1993 Original)
The expansion, Episode IV: Thy Flesh Consumed, with 9 additional action-packed levels
Local 4 player deathmatch
Local 4 player co-op

DOOM II
The Master Levels, 20 additional levels made by the community and supervised by the developers
Local 4 player multiplayer
Local 4 player co-op

DOOM 3
DOOM 3 includes the Resurrection of Evil and The Lost Missions expansion packs.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Please port Doom 64 too. That's the one lost to time that really deserves to be revived

Does port begging count when the game is like 20 years old?

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Later today I'm having buddies, we're probably mainly gonna play on the Switch together. We'll be exactly in 4. Guess what games today are releasing with 4-player co-op and deathmatch. HMMMMM.

daninthemix

Nov 2, 2017
This is funny because I remember someone started a thread not too long ago moaning about how Doom wasn't on Switch.

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It's too much if I ask if Doom have gyro-aiming? Asking for a friend lol

Fantastic prices btw, I have always wanted to play Doom before.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Neat! Shame none of the original devs from Doom 1 or 2 see a penny of this money any more. More Doom is never a bad thing though!

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hartford, CT
Yep, I'm in for all of them. Sounds amazing. Are the original cheats still in these ports of Doom 1 and 2? I remember that being a huge part of the games in the early 90s.

wbloop

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Hm, I wasn't able to find DOOM 2 on the german eShop. I suppose it's the version with the hidden swastikas that got banned here? Or is the search function on the website just stupid?

Xwing

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
It's too much if I ask if Doom have gyro-aiming? Asking for a friend lol

Fantastic prices btw, I have always wanted to play Doom before.

The original DOOM does not use Y axis aiming. As long as you point in the general direction of something on the X axis, you'll hit it, even if it's way above you visually.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
but when will i be able to buy them all

also id how can you do this but yet no great sale on Doom 20XX? ;_;

also is D3 good in retrospect? I just remember back then everyone said it was real bad, and it didn't run on my old PC :D Never tried it since.