• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

To celebrate DOOM's 25th anniversary, the original 1993 DOOM, DOOM II and DOOM 3have all magically appeared on the Nintendo Switch eShop. Say whaaaat?!

Yep, all three games have just appeared on Nintendo's official UK site and they're all coming out today. They're not actually live to buy on the eShop just yet strangely, but we assume they'll be ready to purchase very soon indeed. We've got the rundown on all three below

DOOM (1993 Original)
The expansion, Episode IV: Thy Flesh Consumed, with 9 additional action-packed levels
Local 4 player deathmatch
Local 4 player co-op

DOOM II
The Master Levels, 20 additional levels made by the community and supervised by the developers
Local 4 player multiplayer
Local 4 player co-op

DOOM 3
DOOM 3 includes the Resurrection of Evil and The Lost Missions expansion packs

Last edited:

Mzen

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Doom 3 plus expansion... Shouldn't this technically be the BFG Edition? If not, kind of a missed opportunity there, since that one even got released on the Xbox 360.

Deleted member 47076

Banned
Aug 25, 2018
Wow, DOOM 3 is especially surprising. Anyone know if it's like the BFG edition in terms of lighting and everything?

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017

we did it bro

8ce.jpg

Deleted member 28523

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
not ultimate doom? why?

and I still don't understand why they keep saying this year is the 25th anniversary.

edit: oh it does ave ultimate doom. the title of the article and thread are just misleading.

capitalCORN

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
BUY IT PEOPLE. BUY BUY BUY!
Doom 3 plus expansion... Shouldn't this technically be the BFG Edition? If not, kind of a missed opportunity there, since that one even got released on the Xbox 360.
It's got Lost Missions, it's BFG edition.

not ultimate doom? why?

and I still don't understand why they keep saying this year is the 25th anniversary.
Thy Flesh Consumed is included.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
WHAT

Guess I'm buying the original Doom games again, for the billionth time. I might even try Doom 3 again at this price, albeit I yet have to like it once despite having bought it on PC then a decade later on X360 too *shrugs*

Bomblord

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 11, 2018
Woah woah woah. Is Doom 3 the first game that's available on both the Shield TV and the Switch?

I'm incredibly interested in seeing a Digital Foundry Comparison here to see how much more efficient the Switch is without the Android overhead and better development tools.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Literal dream come true. WOW. WOOOOOOW.

I wonder if that means we can get a SIGIL port to Switch!

Deleted member 17402

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh man yes. I was just making a bunch of Doom topics this week, too.

Wish I could somehow experience the mods the community has created though without resorting to my PC, but I still love the originals.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Woah woah woah. Is Doom 3 the first game that's available on both the Shield TV and the Switch?

I'm incredibly interested in seeing a Digital Foundry Comparison here to see how much more efficient the Switch is without the Android overhead and better development tools.
Resident Evil 5 will be the other one. the shield version runs like ass

Oct 27, 2017
Spain

Trine 2 as well. You can (Well, will be able to) also run the Shield versions of these games on the Switch through the homebrew port of Android to Switch, which will be releasing soon, has the same drivers as the Shield TV, and has the same Antutu scores.

Fun times ahead.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
I haven't played Doom 3 in yeeeeeaaarrrrrs - what an awesome surprise.